Giving some of it back

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score
It can be.

Me and my 4 buddies from high school have paid for 5 very bright but extremely poor students (3 Engineers and 2 doctors). Each of these student have done well in life and paid for another student.

So far this scheme has educated 13 students. Teach a man to fish and they will catch a bounty.

True story. Incidentally, my high school fees were paid through Christian Children Fund (CCF), undergraduate through another welfare scholarship.

Kind of a good Ponzi scheme.

cheers mate.....loving your 'pass it on' principles :thumbup:

Reaction score
It can be.

Me and my 4 buddies from high school have paid for 5 very bright but extremely poor students (3 Engineers and 2 doctors). Each of these student have done well in life and paid for another student.

So far this scheme has educated 13 students. Teach a man to fish and they will catch a bounty.

True story. Incidentally, my high school fees were paid through Christian Children Fund (CCF), undergraduate through another welfare scholarship.

Kind of a good Ponzi scheme.
I just want to compliment you on your generosity and compassion. And I am not talking about the funny money... :)

Very nice! That's awesome!!!

OP
OP
N

NuttinButTDs

Registered
Reaction score
20B spent. For all those who got money, go ahead and distribute 20% to others in need. I am sure you would have been happy with 800M.

Happy Holidays.

Go CARDS.

DRVNFAST

Homey don't play that!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One million A$FN to the next 20pm's I get. Must be under 500K to claim.

EDIT: My bad, I mean 10M A$FN to the first 20.

Last edited:

DRVNFAST

Homey don't play that!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nobody has replied, yet.

Come and get yer free money people!

DRVNFAST

Homey don't play that!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One down, 19 to go.

I raised the poverty line to 500K.

Last edited:

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am just going around looking for people under 1,000,000 and donating. between the 20 of us by the time we're done there shouldn't be a regular poster here living in poverty by the end of the day.

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Now that's some serious holiday spirit! Love that you've been able to apply it in real life too...why aren't there more stories on the news about people doing these kinds of things? (Pay it forward scholariships). Great idea. :)

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am just going around looking for people under 1,000,000 and donating. between the 20 of us by the time we're done there shouldn't be a regular poster here living in poverty by the end of the day.

I've been doing that since HopToad restored to me my fortune. (Thanks again, HopToad. You are the best!!) Will do it again during the play-offs so people can bet big.

:newcards:Because we're doing this together!!