Going back and watching our draft picks..

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Figure I have time this weekend. I am going to watch some games.

Reviews to follow.

Kentucky vs Robert Morris _NIT
Goodwin,
-Poor Def - forced switches on Def and put his teammates out of position.

- Moves ok without the ball, but doesn't set up players to score, looks to score every time.

- Checks out of plays when he doesn't get the ball

- Can get to the rim on college players, not sure he will be able to do it against NBA level SGs.

- Has a good mid range shot better than I thought he did. Just doesn't look like he has the confidence in it.

- Did well when he played one on one Def and not switching. He did shut down Johns who was killing them all game when Goodwin was not guarding him.

- He carried the team.

Overall Grade A-, Was hoping to see some semblance of a long range shot. I think NBA SG will sag off him until he proves he can shoot.

*Things to look out for in other games: long range shot?, defensive switching and ball handling.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SweetD

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Kentucky vs Texas A&M #2
Goodwin

- Looks a lot more confident out there with Noel at C. No switching on Def at all and playing very good off the ball def.

- Still passed up a few open jumpers just to drive the ball.

- Finishes well at the rim, doesn't have the running layup like Muhammad

** This could be the game that Noel first injured his knee

- Falls for ball fakes.

-

Reaction score
Figure I have time this weekend. I am going to watch some games.

Reviews to follow.

Kentucky vs Robert Morris _NIT
Goodwin,
-Poor Def - forced switches on Def and put his teammates out of position.

- Moves ok without the ball, but doesn't set up players to score, looks to score every time.

- Checks out of plays when he doesn't get the ball

- Can get to the rim on college players, not sure he will be able to do it against NBA level SGs.

- Has a good mid range shot better than I thought he did. Just doesn't look like he has the confidence in it.

- Did well when he played one on one Def and not switching. He did shut down Johns who was killing them all game when Goodwin was not guarding him.

- He carried the team.

Overall Grade A-, Was hoping to see some semblance of a long range shot. I think NBA SG will sag off him until he proves he can shoot.

*Things to look out for in other games: long range shot?, defensive switching and ball handling.

Watch the KY vs Louisville game Goodwin took that game over late and nearly shocked Louisville.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Man, I am just not seeing this "defense" you guys are talking about. Looks like decent defense for a college player, but not nearly good enough for the NBA. I get it- he's young, lots of potential, great length, and all that nice stuff, but I am just not seeing this great defense everyone is talking about."

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake