Suns 2024-2025 Season Discussions

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One can't help but notice the Suns are loaded at point guard with Tyus Jones, Monte Morris, Collin Gillespie (TW) and Ty TY Washington (TW).

At some point, I think Gillespie will be playing in the NBA this season. He looks solid.

The suns weren't even trying it seems while sticking with Saben, adding the g-league team allows us to expand our potential greatly.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The suns weren't even trying it seems while sticking with Saben, adding the g-league team allows us to expand our potential greatly.

Yes, the Suns were active completing their G-League roster and adding some solid prospects on two-way contracts.

It's interesting how their focus has been on adding point guards. It's completely different from last season. Bud, probably had an impact on this.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, the Suns were active completing their G-League roster and adding some solid prospects on two-way contracts.

It's interesting how their focus has been on adding point guards. It's completely different from last season. Bud, probably had an impact on this.
Maybe but I'm really hoping that the 23-24 season had even more to do with the PG focus this offseason. Because, if they haven't learned from that mistake...

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe but I'm really hoping that the 23-24 season had even more to do with the PG focus this offseason. Because, if they haven't learned from that mistake...

Go back further, pre bubble run. We didn't have a PG from when Bledsoe was dealt until we traded TJ for Rubio right before the 2020 season. There were 3 seasons without a real PG. James Jones was here for that. He thought trading for Tyler Johnson would make a difference. He also waived Austin Rivers, who I don't care for but could have helped as an actual PG. I blame part of Chriss and Bender's lack of development on not having a legit NBA starting caliber PG.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Could be some long-term strategy. Jones and Morris likely on one and done deals, so we are looking to keep Book as sg and not re-do point Book again, again.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go back further, pre bubble run. We didn't have a PG from when Bledsoe was dealt until we traded TJ for Rubio right before the 2020 season. There were 3 seasons without a real PG. James Jones was here for that. He thought trading for Tyler Johnson would make a difference. He also waived Austin Rivers, who I don't care for but could have helped as an actual PG. I blame part of Chriss and Bender's lack of development on not having a legit NBA starting caliber PG.
Not me. That was all on the management team solely for selecting those two guys. We had no business drafting a player we knew almost nothing about and another player that had alarm bells ringing everywhere for anyone that actually watched him play the game. Anyway, we were horrible through the stretch you're talking about mostly because we lacked talent at multiple positions, not just PG.

We earned our horrible records, even when it was just called tanking. But this last year we stunk it up in the 4th quarter for one major reason, we didn't have a true floor general. If Ishbia and whoever is making the decisions there haven't recognized what was happening, we're in trouble.

As for Rivers, didn't he refuse to play for us or am I thinking of someone else?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could be some long-term strategy. Jones and Morris likely on one and done deals, so we are looking to keep Book as sg and not re-do point Book again, again.
Yeah, let's hope. For a shooting guard Booker has above average PG skills but as a PG, he's lower tier and we take a hit at the 2 spot at the same time so it's a lose-lose proposition.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake