Going out on a limb..... Stanton is the QB we have been looking for

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Yep, Stanton is the longtime solution at QB for us...just like Skelton, just like Lindley & Stoney Case before them.

Put don't the bong, but dreaming is free.:D

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
:biglaugh: I mean I really want something to believe in about this guy, but I have found nothing that gives me any hope that he will do anything for this team. He may push the rookie and give the impression that there is a qb battle, but come September this team is in huge trouble.

FTFY. There were no better options. Our offense is in trouble at QB, Stanton or anybody else we could/could have added

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I am not buying what BA is trying to sale. Not that the Cardinals have a choice to promote this guy. They have to give Cardinals fans hope in order to sale t

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
i hate posting with my I-Phone. As i was saying. The Cardinals have to sale tickets. Cardinals "SHOW ME SOME RESULTS!!!! Not the same ole garbage that his QB is the savior of the franchise. Maybe I will start buying some Jersey again."

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
i hate posting with my I-Phone. As i was saying. The Cardinals have to sale tickets. Cardinals "SHOW ME SOME RESULTS!!!! Not the same ole garbage that his QB is the savior of the franchise. Maybe I will start buying some Jersey again."

huh? Gonna sail to Jersey?

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I'll say this. He was drafted high, he has a ton of potential. He struggled with confidence, which maybe his time in the league has helped. Not to mention he has Coach Arains support. He has the arm, body, and mobility to be very good.

He is hungry for an opportunity. He signed with the Jets for less money for a chance to play, then they traded for Tebow and he asked for a trade so he could have a better chance to play. Now he comes to AZ because he wants a chance. Nothing wrong with that...

I'll take a chance on a guy that has a ton of potential AND is hungry for an opportunity to prove himself.

Hypothesis

Draft Junkie
Reaction score
As optimistic as I'd like to be, i'm going to hold off on judgements until I get to see him perform in training camp and in game situations.

There are alot of unemployed quarterbacks that all had the physical tools that Drew has. I will be ecstatic if he pans out though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
After reviewing tape and highlights on him I believe that this is finally the guy to replace Warner long term. Great arm, mobile, looks off receivers, team responds to him, and by all reports works his ass off to improve.

BA raved about how much, and how quickly, Stanton improved in the short time that they have worked together.

Maybe I'm drinking the Kool aid but this might be the one

Discuss

I don't think there is one Cardinals fan that wants him to fail. I really hope we can catch lightning in a bottle with him. I am optimistic and want to see what he can do. I'd like to really see us improve our offensive line in the draft to give him some support.

OP
OP
Stronso

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
Yep, Stanton is the longtime solution at QB for us...just like Skelton, just like Lindley & Stoney Case before them.

Put don't the bong, but dreaming is free.:D

You forgot about Stan Gelbaugh and Kent Graham

OP
OP
Stronso

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
I'll say this. He was drafted high, he has a ton of potential. He struggled with confidence, which maybe his time in the league has helped. Not to mention he has Coach Arains support. He has the arm, body, and mobility to be very good.

He is hungry for an opportunity. He signed with the Jets for less money for a chance to play, then they traded for Tebow and he asked for a trade so he could have a better chance to play. Now he comes to AZ because he wants a chance. Nothing wrong with that...

I'll take a chance on a guy that has a ton of potential AND is hungry for an opportunity to prove himself.

Yep.

Lets pull this thread up again at the end of the season.

Ttownman

Reaction score
You forgot about Stan Gelbaugh and Kent Graham

Kent Graham was tough but usually couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Then he'd have a Lotto winner game once or twice. Sranton must not be Kent Graham accuracy wise. I truly hope that Max Starks and Doug Legursky land here. They would help Stanton immeasurably. That and another linemen in the form of a R1 and/or R2 rookie

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seems like a long shot to me but stranger things have happened. If he is just decent I would be thrilled.

Capt'nCard

Veteran
Reaction score
After reviewing tape and highlights on him I believe that this is finally the guy to replace Warner long term. Great arm, mobile, looks off receivers, team responds to him, and by all reports works his ass off to improve.

BA raved about how much, and how quickly, Stanton improved in the short time that they have worked together.

Maybe I'm drinking the Kool aid but this might be the one

Discuss

I love the positive vibes amongst a mostly negative board. I like Stanton too but I don't see him as much more than a bridge. I would love for him to be "the guy" but I think if he was going to be a solid QB in this league he would have been by now. I know he's had limited opportunity but backup QB's that bounce around rarely turn into something great.
However, I think he's the perfect type of player to get you to the next franchise QB. I'll believe it a little more if he can beat out Hoyer and the rookie in camp this year. We shall see!

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
be careful out on that limb. It won't support much weight

Hoping for Stanton is one thing, but expecting him to turn into a solid starter when after years in the NFL he hasn't before.

Looks and sounds a lot more like dreaming

Ttownman

Reaction score
I love the positive vibes amongst a mostly negative board. I like Stanton too but I don't see him as much more than a bridge. I would love for him to be "the guy" but I think if he was going to be a solid QB in this league he would have been by now. I know he's had limited opportunity but backup QB's that bounce around rarely turn into something great.
However, I think he's the perfect type of player to get you to the next franchise QB. I'll believe it a little more if he can beat out Hoyer and the rookie in camp this year. We shall see!

The QB decks need to be cleared. I have no problem with a graduate of Brady U or BA's guy or the Natural (Miami cough cough) that we draft this year.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
What tape?

Exactly. He hasn't played in two years. What tape could anyone watch that was relevant?

In addition he's gonna be 29 years old. So not a young QB who can be expected to learn and improve. It's like drafting Brandon Weedon. But he's Arians boy so hopefully he can do something to stem the tide of 5-11 seasons and horrendous offense.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I don't know. I would not be shocked to seem him succeed or fail either way. He was well thought of before his draft and just has not played much. He has been on some teams with stud QBs or guys drafted with the big paychecks where he could not be expected to play much. :)

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is going to be awful and we just need to accept it. Hopefully we draft a QB with some real talent in the first two rounds. There I said it.

Rise up Dark Side 2013....this off season is clown shoes.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Exactly. He hasn't played in two years. What tape could anyone watch that was relevant?

In addition he's gonna be 29 years old. So not a young QB who can be expected to learn and improve. It's like drafting Brandon Weedon. But he's Arians boy so hopefully he can do something to stem the tide of 5-11 seasons and horrendous offense.

Correct. He has been marginal his entire career. I accept that throwing to Larry Fitz should make you better but ultimately it is a turd sandwich, just one Arians likes eating.