Good luck Cards fans!!

Reaction score
Saints fan here, I come in, lurk an comment from time to time as I've followed the Cards a bit over the past few years since you went to the SB. No real reason, just one of those under dog teams I wind up pulling for (unless your playing us of course).

But you guys look promising. I havent watched all your preseason games, but I've looked at high lights (and low lights) and I think you guys are moving in the right direction.

Kolb looks to be a solid QB and due time will become a franchise QB for you guys. You got Fitz locked up long term and it will pay dividends. The offense looks to be more confident than it did last season (having a QB helps!) and the defense will come a long. I know you guys are itching for Patrick Peterson to be Prime Time 2.0 in week 1 but remember, playing CB in this league is THE hardest position to play on defense. It takes time for guys to fully understand the complexities of the game and integrate technique with athleticism and attention to detail. He will come a long. Prime Time was relegated to special teams and nickel back around this time when he came into the league.

I was saddened to hear about Ryan Williams, what a promising young talent that I was looking forward to see. Hopefully Beanie will pick up the slack.

Again, good luck and hope you guys have a successful season (unless we meet in the post season :p)

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Thanks, same to you. (Especially because I picked up Brees in my fantasy league)

BTW, picked up Meachem too, this the year when he finally does something?

AZCARDSFANATIC

Veteran
Reaction score
Hope you folks work out your WR issues. Your divison looks nasty. Also what is the word on DeAndre Mcdaniel from Clemson? wanted us to sign him to back up Wilson.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks, same to you. (Especially because I picked up Brees in my fantasy league)

BTW, picked up Meachem too, this the year when he finally does something?

Every year Saints fans hope "this will be Meachem's year" ..Im to the point where I am just done hoping. Best bet is we will get a very productive year from him like we did in 09. He is healthier than ever and is showing that blazing speed he used to have. He's been tearing it up in camp, and has looked solid is PS games. So, we'll just have to see. I wouldnt expect a 1000k yard season from him because we spread the ball a lot. But I can see him getting 700-900 yards and 7-10 TD's if he remains healthy throughout the season.

Hope you folks work out your WR issues. Your divison looks nasty. Also what is the word on DeAndre Mcdaniel from Clemson? wanted us to sign him to back up Wilson.

We are good as far as WR goes. Colston's back, Meachems healthy, Moore should be fine, Henderson is back..and we have some young bucks (Josh Morgan, Adrian Arrington) who will likely make the 53.

I was high on McDaniels too, unfortunetly, his performance has been underwhelming. He is 4th on the depth chart at SS. He will most likely be put on the practice squad.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Whodat-----I think most all of us are happy with the signings of Kolb and Fitz. More than anything else, I like that the players seem to be having fun this year, even though they have worked their butts off, (Deuce Lutui, and Dan Williams), excepted. I like your team as well, and have watched them come together over the past several years to your SB performance. Good luck to your guys as well.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks Whodat-----I think most all of us are happy with the signings of Kolb and Fitz. More than anything else, I like that the players seem to be having fun this year, even though they have worked their butts off, (Deuce Lutui, and Dan Williams), excepted. I like your team as well, and have watched them come together over the past several years to your SB performance. Good luck to your guys as well.

Thanks. So do you guys think you will miss Steve Breston much? I was kinda shocked ya'll let him walk.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think we're all wishing him good health and good luck. In all the usual ways Haley's bringing some familiar faces with him to KC (this is round 2 I guess).
The Cardinals probably wanted Stevie Phantom back, but not at any price.
The staff seems to think they've got a good rotation behind Fitz in Robert and Doucet (the latter especially seems forgotten, but his injury history has allowed for it). Williams and Sampson have been consistent pre-season wonders (but will it translate)?

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hey Born' - Tell Tru McBride hello while you are down there - does it look like he will stick for the Saints final 53?

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Saints fan here, I come in, lurk an comment from time to time as I've followed the Cards a bit over the past few years since you went to the SB. No real reason, just one of those under dog teams I wind up pulling for (unless your playing us of course).

But you guys look promising. I havent watched all your preseason games, but I've looked at high lights (and low lights) and I think you guys are moving in the right direction.

Kolb looks to be a solid QB and due time will become a franchise QB for you guys. You got Fitz locked up long term and it will pay dividends. The offense looks to be more confident than it did last season (having a QB helps!) and the defense will come a long. I know you guys are itching for Patrick Peterson to be Prime Time 2.0 in week 1 but remember, playing CB in this league is THE hardest position to play on defense. It takes time for guys to fully understand the complexities of the game and integrate technique with athleticism and attention to detail. He will come a long. Prime Time was relegated to special teams and nickel back around this time when he came into the league.

I was saddened to hear about Ryan Williams, what a promising young talent that I was looking forward to see. Hopefully Beanie will pick up the slack.

Again, good luck and hope you guys have a successful season (unless we meet in the post season :p)
You too amigo, I've kinda followed the fleur de lis since going to New Orleans for Mardi and the super heady music festivals. But every since Katrina I find myself rooting for yall even more, I was really happy when Breezy lead yall to the promise land.

OP
OP
B
Reaction score
The staff seems to think they've got a good rotation behind Fitz in Robert and Doucet (the latter especially seems forgotten, but his injury history has allowed for it).

Im looking for Doucet to have a good year. Louisiana boy I've always pulled for. Hope he can shake that injury bug.

Hey Born' - Tell Tru McBride hello while you are down there - does it look like he will stick for the Saints final 53?

Im not sure how the Coaching staff views him but I've liked what I've seen from him this preseason. He has a bunch of guys in front on him, but the way we always get a bunch of injuries to our secondary, Im sure we want to keep solid depth. He seems look a sure tackling guy that is always in good position. I hope we keep him.

You too amigo, I've kinda followed the fleur de lis since going to New Orleans for Mardi and the super heady music festivals. But every since Katrina I find myself rooting for yall even more, I was really happy when Breezy lead yall to the promise land.

Thanks man. Please come visit again. N.O. has been making some vast improvements to the Downtown area.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks. So do you guys think you will miss Steve Breston much? I was kinda shocked ya'll let him walk.

Yes, he will be missed greatly. Sadly, however, he has two bad knees and not much hope for playing time that would be needed. He was the comsumate blue collar guy, and therefore was a huge fan favorite. Releasing him was a business decision, geared to provide a #2 receiver who would be available more than Steve would have been. He will always be close to a Cardinals fans heart because he gave it his all. He was clutch, and was a great role model. Yes-----he will be missed. We have replaced his worn out body on the roster. It remains to be seen if we have replaced his soul.

seesred

Reaction score
One of my greatest memories was when we went to a Vards game in New Orleans. I remember how great the fans were in the stadium on game day. I wish your team many wins this season and think of all the hurt that went against you all during that horrific storm. Good Luck! Basin street now thats fun.

GBR

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05