BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
BuckeyeCardinal said:
Is something burning?

I smell smoke.

;)

:thumbup:

Washington and Detroit wants to trade down. Rumors are saying that Winslow's personal work-out and his agents have really turned the Redskins off. Detroit wants Jackson, but #6 is too high for him. The two hottest players are Hall and Rivers and a lot of teams are willing to trade up for them.

Either Taylor or Winslow will be there at #7, but that's irrlevant. Fitz is the pick at #3.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:
Denny Green also said they have a very good player targeted at #33 and expects immediate help from both the #3 and #33 picks.

Speculating on who the #33 would be:

RB- C. Perry

WR- Woods, Evans, Clayton, Jenkins, Henderson

CB- Colcaugh, Carroll, Strait, Poole

LB- D. Smith, Dansby, Lehman

DT- Starks,Olshansky, Tubbs, Washington

DE- Hill, Odom, Babin

OL- Carey, Grove

Some pretty good players there most of whom will be there. Starks?

Quote: Stretchthefield:

A TFY moderator suggests this is OLB Teddy Lehman, hmmmm...

I agree, he can be a star. So too can Smith, But at 33 it's too early for either. :thumbup:

Last edited:

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
. When D-Day comes it will go down like it goes down no matter what was said here today.

Exactly which in essence makes these press conferences useless IMO! There really is no point to them!

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I said this before you do not draft based on agents. The Cards were pushed around by players for years this has to end NOW. The team is in charge they will draft who they want and after they draft them they will keep them. The days of failure and losing mentality are gone.

You draft whoever is the best, you sign them to one contract (slotted - no holdouts) and then you sign them to the second deal or just keep franchising the player the days of the Cards being pushed around by agents and players is over. Good teams do the pushing!

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
I said this before you do not draft based on agents. The Cards were pushed around by players for years this has to end NOW. The team is in charge they will draft who they want and after they draft them they will keep them. The days of failure and losing mentality are gone.

You draft whoever is the best, you sign them to one contract (slotted - no holdouts) and then you sign them to the second deal or just keep franchising the player the days of the Cards being pushed around by agents and players is over. Good teams do the pushing!
In theory, you're right. But the agents are a factor.If you don't think Poston being Winslow's agent is a factor then you are sadly mistaken.There has been quotes from numerous front office personnell questioning his choice and that it will hurt him on draft day.The Poston's have a history of holding out there clients and asking for ridiculous demands(Orlando Pace 24 mill bonus). Couple that with the Cards negotiating style and you have a long holdout looming.That is the only reason i would shy away from Winslow.In USA Today Sports Weekly they said that among a group of 3 agents that Winlsow was targeting that Poston was the least recommended by the people he asked opinions of.I believe the other two were Eugene Parker and Tom Condon.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is something burning? I smell smoke.
I'll drink to that - at least partly. I do think the Cards will keep the #3 pick and draft Fitzgerald if he's available, but after that it's a crapshoot.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cbus cardsfan said:
In theory, you're right. But the agents are a factor.If you don't think Poston being Winslow's agent is a factor then you are sadly mistaken.There has been quotes from numerous front office personnell questioning his choice and that it will hurt him on draft day.The Poston's have a history of holding out there clients and asking for ridiculous demands(Orlando Pace 24 mill bonus). Couple that with the Cards negotiating style and you have a long holdout looming.That is the only reason i would shy away from Winslow.In USA Today Sports Weekly they said that among a group of 3 agents that Winlsow was targeting that Poston was the least recommended by the people he asked opinions of.I believe the other two were Eugene Parker and Tom Condon.

"holdout" howard slusher used to advise clients to say they had no agent knowing teams would avoid drafting them because of slusher.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
"holdout" howard slusher used to advise clients to say they had no agent knowing teams would avoid drafting them because of slusher.

Thanks,i was trying to think of the agent awhile back that teams absolutely hated to deal with because of his negotiating style.

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:
Another snippet from Denny Green. He says he thinks Josh McCown will develop in future years into one of the best QBS in football and right now, no QB coming out of college could beat him out this year and probably not next year either.

Also, we will NOT trade up, and likely not trade down. We will stay put.

I think this right here screams we are drafting QB in round 1. :rolleyes:

Bring the draft on already!

BuckeyeCardinal

Cantankerous Curmudgeon
Reaction score
bratwurst said:
I think this right here screams we are drafting QB in round 1. :rolleyes:

Bring the draft on already!

DG said he thought there were 3 players head and shoulders above everyone else....who are those 3?

Williams/Fitz/Manning

Manning/Fitz/Big Ben

OP
OP
Skkorpion

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BuckeyeCardinal said:
DG said he thought there were 3 players head and shoulders above everyone else....who are those 3?

Williams/Fitz/Manning

Manning/Fitz/Big Ben

Fitz/Taylor/Winslow.

BuckeyeCardinal

Cantankerous Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:
Fitz/Taylor/Winslow.

If that's true and Fitz is gone then I see us going after Taylor.

If Taylor is that good why is he sliding in some mocks?

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
I am sorry if this is already covered somewhere - but why are we so sure that the Raiders won't pick Fitz?

BuckeyeCardinal

Cantankerous Curmudgeon
Reaction score
bratwurst said:
I am sorry if this is already covered somewhere - but why are we so sure that the Raiders won't pick Fitz?

He's certainly Al Davis' kind of receiver....but so is Williams.

I guess some might think that the Chargers go Eli and then da Raiders take Fitz.

If that happens I thought we would take Mike Williams....but if Williams has "issues" then we probably don't go WR? Gallery? Big Ben?

Loyal Card 17

Veteran
Reaction score
a person speaks his mind and that makes him a head case. i don't think so. winslow will be a great addition to any team. Maybe, winslow is a little immature , but he is not a head case.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
BuckeyeCardinal said:
If that's true and Fitz is gone then I see us going after Taylor.

If Taylor is that good why is he sliding in some mocks?

Mainly due to 2 reasons:

1. He didn't have the greatest workout at his pro day
  2. The scouts that watched more game film of Taylor claimed he had a tendency to not wrap up on tackles

Who knows whether these are legit concerns or simple overanalysis. :shrug:

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Taylor had something like 20 interceptions and hits like a truck.

I don't really care if he doesn't 'wrap up' in his tackles.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Does Taylor have to be perfect right away? Wrapping his man up seems like a thing that he will quickly fix if it should hurt him anyway.