Greetings Suns Fans-I look forward to a spirited competition.

The Man In Black

Registered
Reaction score
Suns vs. Spurs

The teams aren't built the way when last they faced. The stars are still the motors for each team although, there seems to be a surprise contribution from players who aren't known for them.

I wish you guys good luck and hopefully...injury free hoops.

May the best team win!

Of course I want the Spurs in 6 but this year may be the year, the Suns cast their demons aside.

With any luck, I might actually go to a game or at least be at Downtown Live. I might have some business to do in Glendale.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what it's about, MiB. Suns/Spurs have become a nationally-favored rivalry. Spotlight's on us, now. Let's have some great basketball. And may the Suns win.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Suns vs. Spurs

The teams aren't built the way when last they faced. The stars are still the motors for each team although, there seems to be a surprise contribution from players who aren't known for them.

I wish you guys good luck and hopefully...injury free hoops.

May the best team win!

Of course I want the Spurs in 6 but this year may be the year, the Suns cast their demons aside.

With any luck, I might actually go to a game or at least be at Downtown Live. I might have some business to do in Glendale.

I don't wish you guys any luck and I hope Ginobili pokes Duncan's eye out with his nose. No friendly handshakes or anything. We want to whoop some candy a** and go to the WCF, plain and simple. I forget some things, but St. Bruce, Robert Horry, and their hacking and cheapshots will never be forgotten.

carey

VVVV Saints Fan VVVV
Reaction score
This is what it's about, MiB. Suns/Spurs have become a nationally-favored rivalry. Spotlight's on us, now. Let's have some great basketball. And may the Suns win.

Sigh. It's not a rivalry. It's not. You have to win a series for it to be a rivalry. It's just been a spanking 4 of the last 5 times we were in the playoffs.

2008 - lost to San Antonio, 4-0, first round

2007 - lost to San Antonio, 4-2, conference semifinals

2006 - lost to Dallas, 4-2, conference finals

2005 - lost to San Antonio, 4-1, conference finals

2003 - lost to San Antonio, 4-2, first round

I think this is the year we get the monkey off our back with them, but tbh I will not be surprised if it's SA in 6.

Last edited:

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sigh. It's not a rivalry. It's not. You have to win a series for it to be a rivalry. It's just been a spanking 4 of the last 5 times we were in the playoffs.

I think this is the year we get the monkey off our back with them, but tbh I will not be surprised if it's SA in 6.

It's a rivalry because TNT and ESPN say it is. Or didn't you get the memo?

OP
OP
T

The Man In Black

Registered
Reaction score
Sometimes, sadly, because both teams are considered small market, the 4-letter will try to hype the public by using words like rivalry or revenge or some other r word that they think of.
It's sad really, because all through the year, they try to "program" the public by giving us Kobe this, LeBron that, when all along...teams like the Suns & Spurs are going about doing what they do, led by their MVP leaders in Nash & Duncan, in winning and getting to the playoffs. This is going to be one for the ages. I saw Nash talk and say, that the teams are different than in 07 and that there isn't many players left from that 07 series and he's totally right. Anything can happen and this series is up for grabs.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
GO SUNS! If I didn't dislike the spurs one horse fanbase so much I would probably not dislike the spurs so much. they are the most annoying fans in the NBA. that might be tainted because of the mavs/spurs rivalry....but there's nothing else in SA for sports other than the dallas cowboys so they are a cult like fanbase.

Errntknght

Reaction score
The only thing about the Spurs fanbase I don't like is the fact that it includes so many zebras...

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Get them while they are hot!!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only thing about the Spurs fanbase I don't like is the fact that it includes so many zebras...

Yeah but that's like saying Paris would be okay if there weren't so many Frenchmen there. If you don't like Zebras you better stay away from the Spurs.

Steve

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Sometimes, sadly, because both teams are considered small market, the 4-letter will try to hype the public by using words like rivalry or revenge or some other r word that they think of.
It's sad really, because all through the year, they try to "program" the public by giving us Kobe this, LeBron that, when all along...teams like the Suns & Spurs are going about doing what they do, led by their MVP leaders in Nash & Duncan, in winning and getting to the playoffs. This is going to be one for the ages. I saw Nash talk and say, that the teams are different than in 07 and that there isn't many players left from that 07 series and he's totally right. Anything can happen and this series is up for grabs.

Well said MiB... I'm sure you can understand the literal hate we have for the Spurs. You guys have been our "Daddy" for too long now... All of us know that we needed this matchup. In order to rid ourselves of the curse and scurge that is the Spurs, we have to beat you down.
Personally, I have little doubt that if we had a fully healthy Robin Lopez, this was THE year. Unfortunately, we'll be lucky to see him at all and even if he does play, he'll be at 50% tops...
Which, ironically, would make a defeat of the Spurs that much sweeter...

Man this is going to be sooooooooo GREAT!!! Not at all looking forward to the whinning by Timmy and Pop, and the flopping by Ginobli.... but it will be GREAT nonetheless...

:thumbup:

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
We have beaten the Spurs in earlier years carey, don't forget that.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
who knees nash in the balls or hip checks him into the tables now that bowen and horry are gone? we don't even know who to watch out for anymore! ALARM! ALARM!

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
I'm not gonna miss those douchebags. I celebrated when Bowen retired. Two day binge almost. Came up smiling on the third day. They're gonna whine and flop like they always do. I just hope we take care of our own and don't go down in flames in game 1 in typical Suns fashion.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score

And before that we beat them at least twice in a row so?

OP
OP
T

The Man In Black

Registered
Reaction score
And before that we beat them at least twice in a row so?
I think it's about teams where either Stoudamire, Nash, Hill, Duncan, Parker, & Ginobili played in.

So when Nash said these teams are different, he's totally right. Going in, as a Spurs fan, I'd prefer D'Antoni as coach. Because, unlike Alvin Gentry, Mike was predictable and his penchant to less defense will be missed by us Spurs backers.

The 2000 win was led by Jason Kidd. That was the only playoffs that Duncan has ever missed in his career.

The 1991-92 win was so long ago.

Hayduke

Registered
Reaction score
Spurs fans should be grateful for all the money and favors they spent/pulled to get those championships. Acting like they are the ****, when we all know this whole ****-ing league is rigged like a mother ****-er. :biglaugh:

Manu4five

Veteran
Reaction score
Spurs fan checking in. I respect the Suns. Nash and Amare are great and you have the deeper team this year. We have the big 3 + Hill, Dice and Blair but if Pop has to play our scrubs (Mason, Bogans) extended minutes we are in serious trouble. Go Manu, go Spurs!

LOL at believers in conspiracy theories, you are so funny :)

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Spurs fan checking in. I respect the Suns. Nash and Amare are great and you have the deeper team this year. We have the big 3 + Hill, Dice and Blair but if Pop has to play our scrubs (Mason, Bogans) extended minutes we are in serious trouble. Go Manu, go Spurs!

LOL at believers in conspiracy theories, you are so funny :)

Probably won't need to since the refs have bought into the flopping.

chickenhead

Reaction score
I've never been a conspiracy theorist because it just doesn't make sense that the NBA would want the Spurs going deep into the playoffs. It's a small market, they tend not to have fans outside their region, and as much as basketball fans may respect Duncan, he's not a favorite player nationwide the way that Kobe, LeBron, or even Wade and now Durant are. Plus the Suns' fast-paced game has been a coast-to-coast favorite.

With Horry and the suspensions, I think the NBA just screwed up, plain and simple. They overreacted because of the Malice at the Palace and the Nuggets/Knicks brawl--then looked like total hypocrites the next year when Garnett shoved a ref and got nothing, because they were so obviously invested in the Lakers-Celtics final that they were determined to overlook it.

But the Suns have had other chances to beat the Spurs. And here's another one. Maybe a lot of the players are different. I don't care--I cheer for the team.