Greetings Suns Fans-I look forward to a spirited competition.

krazyasiankid

Registered
Reaction score
Actually, the Spurs haven't doubled Amare in any of their postseason match ups. This is pretty well known stuff, bud. And the fact that the suns haven't faced anyone with a legitimate post presence was the reason for addressing the issue. I've spoken on dragic, Nash, Jefferson, hill, parker and Lopez. Duncan was only one of the many things i posted on. If your bothered by spurs-suns basketball talk in a spurs-suns basketball thread, then i don't know what to tell you. I've read some of your most recent takes on this series so I dont think it would take too much to impress you.

Also, the majority of spurs-suns related talk on here consists of how the spurs are "whiney, dirty, flopping, stern favorites." I'm sure you're used to that, so i apologize if i upset the balance.

Its kind of obvious that no one wants you here. So why dont you just **** off back to your own board? Or does nobody want you there either?

Manu4five

Veteran
Reaction score
Who wrote that dictionary Steve? Ray Allen? I hope you dont actually pay real money for dictionaries like that, you seem like a decent and intelligent guy.

I'm not sure who will win this series. After this regular season Spurs fans have no reason to be cocky. I totally disagree that Jefferson is the key to this series. If he is, then we are doomed. He will give us an occassional good game but that's about it.

Hill can play and he is primarily about great, solid D. What he gives us on O is like a bonus, but of course very welcome. Also, he is improving.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
I just find it interesting that year after year we hear that the Suns have made some magical spurs-beating upgrade. Remember how Shaq was supposed to put you guys over the "evil, bully" Spurs? Now it's Frye and Gentry?

Even after the years of ownage there are actually fans in here saying that the spurs only dominated because of the refs. Are you guys serious? The lakers have owned the Spurs, the spurs own the suns.
Thats just how it is. At least we don't try to convince ourselves it's only because of the refs.

And why would you be "cocky and sanctimonious" after a second round win? Spurs fans arent "cocky and sanctimonious" because of spurs-suns ownage, they are like that because they've seen their team win titles.

Two words for you
Tim Donaghy

Another advice, why don't you stay on your boards and rant you pathetic roach.

Manu4five

Veteran
Reaction score
Im pretty sure Spurs fans are scared. They traded veteran craftyness for youth and inexperience.

The Suns have the best player (Amare), the smartest player (Hill), the best defender (Dudley), the best leader (Nash), the most explosive player (Richardson), the better bench and home court advantage.

But we have this scary guy:

Attachments

• manumask.jpg
    manumask.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 165

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who wrote that dictionary Steve? Ray Allen? I hope you dont actually pay real money for dictionaries like that, you seem like a decent and intelligent guy.

I'm not sure who will win this series. After this regular season Spurs fans have no reason to be cocky. I totally disagree that Jefferson is the key to this series. If he is, then we are doomed. He will give us an occassional good game but that's about it.

Hill can play and he is primarily about great, solid D. What he gives us on O is like a bonus, but of course very welcome. Also, he is improving.

Oh you smooth talking Spur. Alright, I'll play along.

Although I don't really buy it, I can see people pointing to RJ as the key to the series. He's the one player that you can point to and say if he has a good series the Spurs will win. The one good thing about being inconsistent is that nobody is going to be prepared for you if you decide to play out of character for a few weeks.

I like Hill. I think your team plays a lot smarter when he's running the show and he's a much better defender than Parker. If Tony ever decides he likes the backup role they could be a difficult one-two punch to deal with. Fortunately (for Suns fans anyway), that is not likely to happen.

Most likely though the key to this series is the Beast that everyone else passed on in the draft. He may have no cartilage in his knees but he has a butt that rivals Charles Barkley's and he's almost as tough to contain. We have plans for Nash to kick him in the testicles, break his nose and hip check him into the table thus eliminating a threat. Hope it works.

Steve

Manu4five

Veteran
Reaction score
Nice post Steve! I get what you are saying about Jefferson. It's just that I'm a realistic or even slightly pessimistic person so I don't expect anything special from him.

I agree that Hill is a better defender than Parker and a better complement to Manu. However, Parker seems to have accepted the 6th man role already. He said he is the new Manu now (with a big smile on his face). Maybe this will be an issue later but that kind of drama would not be typical Spurs behavior.

Haha it would be funny to see Nash pick a fight with Grizzly Blair :D Maybe after a few minutes Blair would start noticing someone was punching and kicking him. Then he would just smile and grab another rebound. I just hope he will see some more playing time in this series. Cheers.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
We don't have to hide Nash. We're playing better team defense now and we will beat you.

The only one owning anything is the Spurs owning the refs.

Keep flopping Manu, keep flopping.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree that Hill is a better defender than Parker and a better complement to Manu. However, Parker seems to have accepted the 6th man role already. He said he is the new Manu now (with a big smile on his face). Maybe this will be an issue later but that kind of drama would not be typical Spurs behavior.

Agreed, it isn't typical Spurs behavior but I've never really thought Parker was a "typical Spur". He seems to struggle to sublimate his play to the team design and at times you guys all seem to pulling one way while he pulls another. Perhaps I'd see something different if I watched them as often as the typical Spurs fan but from a limited and outside view that's what I see.

And as for not accepting a backup role I should have mentioned I was speaking of the future. It's easier for him to accept it in the short term as the team was forced to come together to make a playoff push during his absence and it's understandable that Pop might not want to upset that balance. How he'll feel about it next year though is a different story. He could be a great 6th man if he does accept it and if not, he has plenty of trade value.

Steve

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed, it isn't typical Spurs behavior but I've never really thought Parker was a "typical Spur". He seems to struggle to sublimate his play to the team design and at times you guys all seem to pulling one way while he pulls another. Perhaps I'd see something different if I watched them as often as the typical Spurs fan but from a limited and outside view that's what I see.

And as for not accepting a backup role I should have mentioned I was speaking of the future. It's easier for him to accept it in the short term as the team was forced to come together to make a playoff push during his absence and it's understandable that Pop might not want to upset that balance. How he'll feel about it next year though is a different story. He could be a great 6th man if he does accept it and if not, he has plenty of trade value.

Steve

it wouldn't shock me at all to see the Spurs use Parker as a huge chip to make a big deal for one of the big time Superstars who are going to be FA. Bosh comes to mind the most.

Manu4five

Veteran
Reaction score
There has been some discussions about trading Parker in the Spurs forums and it could happen. Bosh has been mentioned but not all are sold on that idea. The FO has indicated that they will bring in center Tiago Splitter from Europe this summer and then they might not go all in to get another big man. No one knows what Splitter can do in the nba but the FO seems to like him.

If Jefferson would opt out of his contract (crazy as it sounds he has talked about it) we have no sf and would still be over the cap. Then there is the draft. Far too many ifs to predict what will happen.

shazaam6

Censor this
Reaction score
Spurs vs Suns Will the refs call a fair game. Or will we see Amare in ticky tac foul trouble, while Duncan fouls with the off arm with no call as usual. Manu get tazered everytime he drives or someone runs near him, watch Parker jump into everybody and fall down on his drives. What pisses me off is that noone plays that way growing up, when you call your own fouls. Only when you have refs can you play that way and it is about deceiving the refs to gain advantages in ways that would get your ass kicked or laughed at in a street game. Especially the Bowen /Horry antics.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
If Toronto was open to a sign-and-trade for Bosh, it wouldn't be for Parker. Even Bryan Colangelo knows you don't trade big-for-small. And SA doesn't have a decent big to throw into any such trade.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Spurs vs Suns Will the refs call a fair game. Or will we see Amare in ticky tac foul trouble, while Duncan fouls with the off arm with no call as usual. Manu get tazered everytime he drives or someone runs near him, watch Parker jump into everybody and fall down on his drives. What pisses me off is that noone plays that way growing up, when you call your own fouls. Only when you have refs can you play that way and it is about deceiving the refs to gain advantages in ways that would get your ass kicked or laughed at in a street game. Especially the Bowen /Horry antics.

What's funny is that Andre Miller did what Parker does, go right into people and go flailing to the ground screaming. In that series, Miller didn't get any of those calls. Will Parker?

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's funny is that Andre Miller did what Parker does, go right into people and go flailing to the ground screaming. In that series, Miller didn't get any of those calls. Will Parker?

I think Miller got some of those in game 1 and the refs decided not to call it again when it was obvious him and Bayless were flopping and flailing. We will see what happens with the Spurs.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Toronto was open to a sign-and-trade for Bosh, it wouldn't be for Parker. Even Bryan Colangelo knows you don't trade big-for-small. And SA doesn't have a decent big to throw into any such trade.

if Bosh says he's going to sign somewhere else w/o a sign and trade unless they ship him to SA, then BC will HAPPILY take a player of Parker's value back. Bosh holds all the cards here. Better to get a stud young PG (a position we all know the Colangelos LOVE) than nothing.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if Bosh says he's going to sign somewhere else w/o a sign and trade unless they ship him to SA, then BC will HAPPILY take a player of Parker's value back. Bosh holds all the cards here. Better to get a stud young PG (a position we all know the Colangelos LOVE) than nothing.

I agree. Bosh has made it clear that he wants to go someplace that will compete in the post-season. If he views SA as his best option he can surely orchestrate a deal such as this. Playing alongside Manu would allow him to be a complementary piece at which he should excel. I don't know that it would necessarily be his best option. That will probably depend on where the other stars land and who pursues him the most aggressively.

I don't follow the trading rules anymore. Is a multi-team deal that includes a sign and trade possible here? If so, I could see Toronto agreeing to something like that also.

Steve

shazaam6

Censor this
Reaction score
I think you can count on it. Also count on Ginobili getting the best actor award making an ass out of the refs. And Duncan doing the "who me" face every game.
I swear at the tv like I've got road rage. I'm think I will watch the game by myself, I don't want to scare my family. But damn refs every fricking game they do it to you. Don't you knowthe saying "fool me once......." Enough already.

LavaLamp2

Registered
Reaction score
YoMamaIsCallin said:
I think that beating the Suns, like beating the Mavs, is very much in the coaches' hands. Popovich has shown an ability to out-coach everyone the Suns have thrown up there so far in his coaching history. It remains to be seen what happens vs. Gentry.

Popovich lets his best defensive moves wait until the 4th quarter, then sees how the other team reacts. Often they don't have time to adjust and the Spurs are able to "wear them down", which is really a strategy thing, not an effort thing. For example, he waits to double Nowitzki until the 4th (sometimes).

Against the Suns, he lets them run the high screen with Nash and Amare until the 4th, and Amare goes crazy and scores 35 and everything thinks Amare's the league's best player. Then, they change it up, and deny the roll pass, forcing Nash to become a scorer. Or, they double Nash when he crosses half court forcing the Suns to run the P&R with someone else, or have someone else shoot a 3. In any case it takes them out of their game and they have to adjust.

I like this post from a SpursTalk poster. Things like this make the Suns-Spurs series even more interesting to watch.

To give credit where credit is due:
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152933

cly2tw

Reaction score
I think Miller got some of those in game 1 and the refs decided not to call it again when it was obvious him and Bayless were flopping and flailing. We will see what happens with the Spurs.

True. But one reason refs stopped calling them were Grant Hill's posture and footwork. He never jumped at Miller or did the stupid last moment reaching in to bail him out, Frye or Amare would do. So, it depends.

OP
OP
T

The Man In Black

Registered
Reaction score
Here are my questions of the day:
1) Will Robin Lopez be ready to play?

2) Is Steve Nash's hip at or close to 100% with 3 days off?

3) It sucks to ask but, who are the refs assigned to the game?

4) Which bench will be the bigger story?

5) Will the Gorilla beat down a fake Coyote?

6) Will there be a protest of the new immigration law on National TV?

7) Which team will be able to control pace, space, and not waste their opps?

The purpose of this thread, at least my intent, was to actually be able to talk just the basketball points in the series without any of the trash. I know that many of us will find that difficult but I ask you to try to stick to hoops.
This isn't meant to be a pissing contest but I also realize what happens when these 2 teams meet...BEDLAM OCCURS.

Good luck.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
5) Will the Gorilla beat down a fake Coyote?

6) Will there be a protest of the new immigration law on National TV?

The purpose of this thread, at least my intent, was to actually be able to talk just the basketball points in the series without any of the trash. I know that many of us will find that difficult but I ask you to try to stick to hoops.

:confused:

Do you even read what you write?

chickenhead

Reaction score
Still think the deeper Suns bench is a key facet we haven't seen in this playoff matchup yet. The downgrade to SSOL 1.0 when Nash was off the floor didn't exactly pressure Pop to make crucial adjustments. The second unit gets different kinds of looks now, while it used to just get fewer. The Spurs could lock them down and half the time as a Suns fan you thought the only shot at a basket was Barbosa going coast-to-coast (which happened with just enough frequency to make it look like a viable option when it really wasn't).

OP
OP
T

The Man In Black

Registered
Reaction score
:confused:

Do you even read what you write?

Yeah I do.

The Gorilla question is because it acts as a spirited event that riles up US Airways Center. I'm okay with it, but I just wanted to know if it was that predictable.

The Immigration question is a hotbed topic that has hit everywhere and I'm just thinking, a national event would give someone a platform(albeit a very brief one) to sound off.
3 more hours or so to go.

Good luck to your team.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05