Griffith Hit on Vernon Davis

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If player's get fined thousands for helmet to helmet hits.
Refs should get a fine for calling one that did not occur!

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Vernon Davis is a punk.... plain and simple. I would love to take a shot at the guy. Ever since his disrespect to the North Endzone week 1 I've hated the guy

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vernon Davis is a punk.... plain and simple. I would love to take a shot at the guy. Ever since his disrespect to the North Endzone week 1 I've hated the guy

What'd he do?

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
I was wondering on that play, you know how Davis bobbled the ball when he hit the ground but then caught it? Was he not down by contact because when he was hit he did not have control of the ball? Couldn't he have got up and just kept running?

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All shoulder and they have been showing this hit quite a bit on NFL Network. Awesome hit by Griffith.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Griffith has been laying the wood to people this year. I'll bet he has about 3 of the top 10 hits in the league this year.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man he really put the wood to Vernon Davis on that play ... and it shouldn't have been a penalty because he led with his right shoulder pad and not his helmet ... bad call by the officials ..

The rest of the game Vernon Davis was hearing footsteps ...
You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Griffith has been laying the wood to people this year. I'll bet he has about 3 of the top 10 hits in the league this year.

Cbus you ain't never lied. The hit on the Lions RB (can't remember is it was Jones). The hit on Shawn Alexander, and the Vernon Davis hit.

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
Adrian Wilson got the same call against a SF tight end at SDS two years ago. Horrible officiating. The see a big play and just assume that a penalty occured outside of their view. It's sad, the NBA has had a problem with this for years. I hope he gets an apology from the league.

Robert Griffith has played pretty well for this secondary. I'm sure he earned his salary (about 1.5m IIRC). I'd love to see him finish out his career in AZ at a similar price.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Totally clean hit! Idiotic call by the officials.
My girlfriend was walking thru the room when the play occured and asked "Are there mics on the players?" cuz the hit was so loud, I told her no that it was just a brutal hit....:thumbup:

Billy Flynt

Pirate, 300 yrs too late
Reaction score
And the helmet to helmet hit by Zach Thomas was not called on Monday night. He should be getting a bill from the league.