Happy 2 year anniv!

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah - it just seemed like 2 years ago. hmmm

too bad someone wiped out all of those old posts.

good times. good times.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two years. It seemed longer than that. I know it's getting big because I have to handle at least three complaints each day.

The most recent ones have to do with our ban on political and religious avatars and signatures. They had begun poluting all the boards. Mike insists on having a Politics and religion board. I hate it but I bow to his judgment. There is so much political and religious intolerance, I feel dirty contributing to the hatred.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:
Mike insists on having a Politics and religion board. I hate it but I bow to his judgment. There is so much political and religious intolerance, I feel dirty contributing to the hatred.
:thumbup: It's goog to have a respository for all that "hatred," though. Otherwise it would continue to spill out everywhere else.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:
Two years. It seemed longer than that. I know it's getting big because I have to handle at least three complaints each day.

The most recent ones have to do with our ban on political and religious avatars and signatures. They had begun poluting all the boards. Mike insists on having a Politics and religion board. I hate it but I bow to his judgment. There is so much political and religious intolerance, I feel dirty contributing to the hatred.

allowing for a forum is not contributing to the hatred, but rather allowing a free discussion of the topic. you are a conduit for thought. some of it may be negative and hate-driven, which is too bad, but it's still thought. i applaud you for all the efforts on this site. congrats on two years.

gamebird98

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
YES.....congrats and Thank You.....Upstate New York fan here, and am sick of listening to Jacka** Giant fans talk about how good they are.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sweet! Happy anniversary!

I'm wearing my ASFN shirt today, too!

Coincidence? I THINK NOT! :)

:thumbup:

Thanks again Skkorp and others, ya'll are the best!

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:cheers:

Congrats, Skkorp!

I didn't register at first, I liked the old place, but I gotta hand it to you, you had a vision of what a sports board should be and saw it thru. And congrats to all the excellent article writers (Walter, Jo, Harry, Gary, George, et. al) - this is content and insight you don't get anywhere else.

Oh, and I think P&R is a necessary evil, otherwise all those threads would end up in "everthing else" and ruin important discussions about counterstrike & halo, killing pigeons and fake boobs. :thumbup:

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jw7 said:
Oh, and I think P&R is a necessary evil, otherwise all those threads would end up in "everthing else" and ruin important discussions about counterstrike & halo, killing pigeons and fake boobs. :thumbup:

dont forget the official x-files thread! :D

But yeah I agree, I'm glad there is a separate board for that stuff. I'd go crazy if I had to muddle through that stuff while in the Everything Else board. Somedays I'm just not interested in reading all the contrasting opinions.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
jw7 said:

How true. LOL!

Happy B-day to ASFN, Very good job Skkorp and all others involved. :thumbup:

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
Happy b-day to ASFN! Thanks to Skkorp, to the moderators,nidan,Jo and everybody else who made this board the best Cardinal board around :thumbup: :thewave: :bday: :cheers: :cards: :band:

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Skkorpion said:

Thanks again Jim, and all who work so hard to make this a great place. Even though I haven't met many of you in person, I feel like many of you are my friend, and I enjoy listening to everyone's perspectives on our main passion: Cardinals football and Arizona sports.

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
I can't believe it has been 2 years already. WOW

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this board and to all who toil selflessly for us. CHEERS! :cheers:

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Thanks to all who make it possible. I (we) truly, truly appreciate the information and discussion posted here. This board is on another level. No question about it.

Cards Czar

The Bird is the Word
Reaction score
My god, Does time fly. It is 2 years today that I signed up from the old board.
Skkorp, Mike and Chris you guys have really made all of us even more hard core Cardinals fans. You let us get our frustrations out and banter back and forth with each other which I think makes us love the Cardinals more. It does me!! Thanks again for all the hard work and God bless you.

Navy Mike

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Dude, if my work docked my pay in relation to how many hours I spend on this site, they would pay me in pocket change :|

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Great site Skkorp and thanks to all the guys that keep it going.

I came here to talk about the Suns last spring, but the Cardinals board is great. It is nice to have a place to get Cardinals information and opinion. We all know how good the local and national sources can be.

I put quite a bit of time on the P&R board in the last year. It does create some nasty disagreements but I also like to think it provides an opportunity for some frank (but friendly) discussion and hopefully understanding of some differing viewpoints.

This is nice community as we all have something in common being Arizona sports fans. Thanks again for putting up such a great site. :thumbup:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05