Reaction score
Harold and the Purple Crayon

Release date: August 2, 2024
Studio: Columbia Pictures
Director: Carlos Saldanha
Screenwriters: David Guion, Michael Handelman, Crockett Johnson
MPAA Rating: PG for mild action and thematic elements
Genre: Adventure | Animation | Comedy | Family | Fantasy

Starring: Zachary Levi, Lil Rel Howery, Zooey Deschanel, Benjamin Bottani, Tanya Reynolds, Jemaine Clement, Alfred Molina, Pete Gardner, Camille Guaty, Ravi Patel, Zele Avradopoulos

Plot Summary: Inside of his book, adventurous Harold can make anything come to life simply by drawing it. After he grows up and draws himself off the book's pages and into the physical world, Harold finds he has a lot to learn about real life.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw this last night. Enjoyable film based on a hugely popular children's book. Great cast and a fun story. My wife grew up with the book and is an artist so I had to take her to see it the very first opportunity that I could.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw this last night. Enjoyable film based on a hugely popular children's book. Great cast and a fun story. My wife grew up with the book and is an artist so I had to take her to see it the very first opportunity that I could.

I would like to take Chloe to it.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is sadly being overwhelmed by other family fair. There was nothing for families in like April and this movie would have done well. Going after the big franchises was a mistake.

I wanted to go see it Tuesday but Roadhouse has already pulled all showtimes after 3:15 past monday.

Hope we can go as a family on Monday

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
This is sadly being overwhelmed by other family fair. There was nothing for families in like April and this movie would have done well. Going after the big franchises was a mistake.

I wanted to go see it Tuesday but Roadhouse has already pulled all showtimes after 3:15 past monday.

Hope we can go as a family on Monday
Fare :BIM: :)

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Wife and I took our 12 year old gson to see this yesterday. We enjoyed it, but it doesn't take much to entertain us/me:rolleyes:.
There were only 5, maybe a 6th person in the theater to see the show.

I really try not to watch shows with no sexual content or cursing in it; therefore, our seeing movies and shows are really limited.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pprat