Heart broken in San Antonio for what happened to the Suns

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
lol!

To be on point...it's Malone's fault for being a whiny country boy and afraid to play with Magic. Let's get that straight. :D

I've never liked him either, so I blame him too :D

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude drives semis on the off-season and eats in greasy diners and the fool is complaining about potential diseases he might get on the basketball court.

Well, OK, if it was James Worthy's blood, I'd be concerned. Surely he has some new disease that's yet to be discovered.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude drives semis on the off-season and eats in greasy diners and the fool is complaining about potential diseases he might get on the basketball court.

Well, OK, if it was James Worthy's blood, I'd be concerned. Surely he has some new disease that's yet to be discovered.

HEY!

James Worthy is my second fave Laker of all time.

Pretty much any Laker I like a lot will become involved in a sex scandal...I must curse them. :(

:D

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
we've never had to experience the ridiculousness that we've seen from the Spurs in this series. If ANY of my teams - especially if the opposite team was playing pretty good, clean b-ball - did what the Spurs have been doing, I would stop rooting for them and start cheering against them with hope that there would be wide-spread changes.
I would do the same. If my team is throwing cheap shots and is the instigator. I will stop rooting for them. I don't believe in this crap and that's why even madder about this whole thing.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Andrew Bynum better watch out then

Nah, not really a big Bynum fan (worried that he's too soft for the NBA).

I don't really like the big mans game. I like guards and point guards, for the most part. Athletic forwards.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
This is shaping up to be a bigger scandal for the league than the Pistons/Pacers brawl was. And what's so tragic about this case is that the players did almost nothing wrong. Yes, Horry took a cheap shot and Bell retaliated. They were given in-game punishments, nothing else happened, and that should have been that. Instead, a stupid interpretation of a stupid rule has turned Spurs fans against their own team, incited a riot among analysts, and driven fans away in droves.

What incredibly bad judgment by Stern and Jackson. Their decision has set the league back several years, and they have only themselves to blame.

Maximus

Reaction score
Whoa, this is like Rocky 4, when all the Russians turn on Drago and start pulling for Rocky.

It's poetically and strikingly familiar to the story line. After intense preparation for both fighters, the two men finally meet in the ring. The match (game 6) set in Moscow (San Antonio), before the Politburo (Stern and Stu Jackson) and is broadcast throughout the globe. After a (nut)-pummeling first round, Rocky comes back toward the end of the second and cuts Drago just below his eye (Ginobili). With Drago's confidence shaken by the injury and Rocky's apparently limitless endurance and resilience (see Nash), the fight degenerates into a brutal battle of stamina and will across all fifteen rounds (or 7 games). By the end, the Soviet (San Antonio) crowd has been won over by Rocky's determination and endurance, and have begun chanting his name. In the fifteenth and final round, both fighters batter at each other, but Drago's endurance finally runs out, while Rocky finds his last burst of strength and lands one final signature left hook (hopefully a monster STAT dunk) that finally knocks out the Russian.

But, who gives the famous impassioned speech at the end??? "If I can change...and you can change, then EVERYBODY can change!" I vote Barbosa, cuz he could do it in portugese and it'd be leet.

But, yeah, I agree he's probably yanking our chain. Plenty of room on the gravy-train though...come aboard bro.

YO ADRIAN!!!!

Maximus

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I am starting to get pissed by your posts, maybe I am the only one, but your ass-kissing of the Suns is getting annoying and to the point where I don't buy it anymore. I'd rather not read any ******** posts about how Spurs fans are on our side.

1. It's not helping us any.

2. Take your posts to the Spurs boards there are enough idiots you should try to convince.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am starting to get pissed by your posts, maybe I am the only one, but your ass-kissing of the Suns is getting annoying and to the point where I don't buy it anymore. I'd rather not read any ******** posts about how Spurs fans are on our side.

1. It's not helping us any.

2. Take your posts to the Spurs boards there are enough idiots you should try to convince.

slin, you've got serious issues man. Here's a Spurs fan, who from Day ONE has been nothing but class and now he's sayign he's ashamed of his team and you're ripping him? That makes NO SENSE whatsoever. get a grip dude.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
He is saying that like 3 times a day and everytime in a new post, I got the point, but like I said:

1. His compassion doesn't help us at all.
2. Look at Spurs boards the majority is the opposite, they think Nash is a flopper, they think Horry is a Hero, maybe post there because we already know we were screwed, we don't need to read it every day from a Spurs fan again.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Greg,

My lowpoint as a Suns fan came in the 80s when half the team (it seemed like) was involved in a cocaine scandal. Even my all time favorite, Walter Davis, had been using. He entered a rehab the day after he scored 50-60 points against the Warriors. I had been through devastating playoff disappointments. But, to see that a lot of them were phonies, well, that hurt the worst.

But, guys will come and go, and you'll root again for the Spurs. Soon.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is saying that like 3 times a day and everytime in a new post, I got the point, but like I said:

2. Look at Spurs boards the majority is the opposite, they think Nash is a flopper, they think Horry is a Hero, maybe post there because we already know we were screwed, we don't need to read it every day from a Spurs fan again.

right, because people here NEVER repeat themselves and the things people say here always helps us somehow. Give me a break. If I was a Suns fan and we were pulling this crap and the majority of the board was supporting it, I wouldn't post in that forum either.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

You know what's funny? It's responses like this that fuels the fire of those Spurs fans you hate!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know what's funny? It's responses like this that fuels the fire of those Spurs fans you hate!

yup. telling a guy who's heartbroken about his team and has the balls to admit he can't root for them to get lost is mind-boggling to me. It's the exact OPPOSITE of the class shown by Greg.

SASpursfan

Veteran
Reaction score
I would do the same. If my team is throwing cheap shots and is the instigator. I will stop rooting for them. I don't believe in this crap and that's why even madder about this whole thing.

So I take it from your response that you stopped cheering for the Suns last year when Raja Bell clostheslined Kobe in the playoffs?

SASpursfan

Veteran
Reaction score
This is shaping up to be a bigger scandal for the league than the Pistons/Pacers brawl was. And what's so tragic about this case is that the players did almost nothing wrong. Yes, Horry took a cheap shot and Bell retaliated. They were given in-game punishments, nothing else happened, and that should have been that. Instead, a stupid interpretation of a stupid rule has turned Spurs fans against their own team, incited a riot among analysts, and driven fans away in droves.

What incredibly bad judgment by Stern and Jackson. Their decision has set the league back several years, and they have only themselves to blame.

Hold on now. Dont confuse one poster for the entire Spurs fan base. I stil suppor my Spurs and hope they go out and destroy the Suns regardless of who is playing.

Everyone I know here in SA still supports and loves their Spurs.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
So I take it from your response that you stopped cheering for the Suns last year when Raja Bell clostheslined Kobe in the playoffs?

Raja Bell got suspended for it and nobody else and he accepted and admitted doing wrong unlike Horry.

And for another thing he got elbowed in the face by Kobe mutliple times before it came to that and the league didn't do anything about it similiar to the league not doing anything against Bowen after 2 blatantly obvious cheap dirty plays. Not just dirty, also sneaky, trying to get away with it.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He said "team", not "single player" in an isolated incident.

SASpursfan

Veteran
Reaction score
Raja Bell got suspended for it and nobody else and he accepted and admitted doing wrong unlike Horry.

And for another thing he got elbowed in the face by Kobe mutliple times before it came to that and the league didn't do anything about it similiar to the league not doing anything against Bowen after 2 blatantly obvious cheap dirty plays. Not just dirty, also sneaky, trying to get away with it.

He response was that if his team was throwing cheapshots and was the instigator then he wouldnt root for them. Raja threw a cheap shot and instigated the incident. Raja is a Suns player therefor he is part of the team.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He response was that if his team was throwing cheapshots and was the instigator then he wouldnt root for them. Raja threw a cheap shot and instigated the incident. Raja is a Suns player therefor he is part of the team.
PART of the team...not the WHOLE team. He also said "cheapshots" not "cheapshot"

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
So Greg, are you gonna change your name to "Mike D'Antoni"?

Seriously though, you and your class act can be with our team anytime! Maybe we can borrow all of the signs that aren't being used anymore in Oakland.

"WE BELIEVE!"