Heart broken in San Antonio for what happened to the Suns

SASpursfan

Veteran
Reaction score
PART of the team...not the WHOLE team. He also said "cheapshots" not "cheapshot"
In game one Manu pump faked Raja off the floor and Raja threw down Manu with his hands. It was clearly a flagrant foul and a cheap shot. t

That would now make it cheapshotS

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
In game one Manu pump faked Raja off the floor and Raja threw down Manu with his hands. It was clearly a flagrant foul and a cheap shot. t

manu flopped and injured barbosa last year.. that motherf'er deserves any foul he recieves he also deserves to get kicked right in the balls and pissed on while he's laying on the ground in pain..

SASpursfan

Veteran
Reaction score
manu flopped and injured barbosa last year.. that motherf'er deserves any foul he recieves he also deserves to get kicked right in the balls and pissed on while he's laying on the ground in pain..
Then you are advocating cheapshots?

Personally ,I wished Horry never did what he did and think this series would have been a lot better had he not.

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
Then you are advocating cheapshots?

Personally ,I wished Horry never did what he did and think this series would have been a lot better had he not.

this series would be over for your team had he not..

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score
From that article Re Amare calling the spurs dirty:

Whatever. :roll:

He acts like he's never seen a fight or a hard foul before. He sits and watches Bruce Lee Bowen try to injure players for years, stepping under their jumpshots, kicking them, kneeing them and he doesn't want to believe it...but one hard foul from Horry and he's taking his 67-year old ball and going home? Priceless.

He said he didn't believe it before because he didn't WANT to, and that just makes him like everyone else who loves a team (or a person). You try to explain things away, find "reasons" or excuses for things that happen. Bowen's dirty tactics are usually subtle enough that they're hard to prove and he always claims innocence with his best good-guy performance. He doesn't convince the rest of the league but I can see how he'd convince a Spurs fan who WANTS to believe him.

Horry's foul was too blatant to explain away. There eventually comes a time when the light bulb goes on and you have no other choice but to accept things for what they are.

Do I sound like the voice of experience? ;)

msdundee

Registered
Reaction score
And just for the record, I have a very good long-time friend who's been a Spurs fan back to before DRob, and he feels exactly the same way as GP. The difference between this Spurs team and the team of 7-8 years ago is enormous.

toby82

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Dude you are pathetic, support your team! Go Spurs!!!

MastersofCombat

Basketball Junkie
Reaction score
Actually isnt that much of a stretch.. I like David Robinsons teams of the 90s with Sean Elliott. It did once or twice include Tim Duncan.
Suns showed alot of guts no doubt, I just dont understand how a team can be so small in this day and age in the NBA with a player or two missing...

zett

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm not sure this is the right thread to post on, but did anyone notice when James Jones picked up that moving screen in the 4th. I ran it back to see what he did and bowen intentionally kicked his foot and thats what made him move. I didn't see any of the vidios on utube, but is this what he has been doing? it looked alot like the sweep in the karate kid!

DarrinS

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Gayest thread ever. Poster "Greg Popovich" is NOT a Spurs fan.

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It is funny how Spurs fans now want to claim the Suns are the dirty team. It would be interesting to see if there are fans from any other team that would charge the Suns as being dirty and the Spurs not being dirty. (Even the Lakers fans don't accuse the Suns as being dirty, just Raja).

Let's be clear, the Spurs hope to use intimidation to win. Excessive force on fouls, pushing the limits of physical play, and cheap shots are not isolated incidents. It's part of a plan and the refs are prepared to look the other way.

In game 5 the Spurs backed off a bit and almost lost dispite playing a totally undermanned opponent. IMHO, there was a real fear that if they played typical Spurs bully ball, it could easily get out of hand.

DarrinS

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It is funny how Spurs fans now want to claim the Suns are the dirty team. It would be interesting to see if there are fans from any other team that would charge the Suns as being dirty and the Spurs not being dirty. (Even the Lakers fans don't accuse the Suns as being dirty, just Raja).

Let's be clear, the Spurs hope to use intimidation to win. Excessive force on fouls, pushing the limits of physical play, and cheap shots are not isolated incidents. It's part of a plan and the refs are prepared to look the other way.

In game 5 the Spurs backed off a bit and almost lost dispite playing a totally undermanned opponent. IMHO, there was a real fear that if they played typical Spurs bully ball, it could easily get out of hand.

Suns need to get over it already.

Bruce Bowen is a "chippy" player -- always has been. I don't think he tries to hurt anyone.

The Robert Horry foul was definitely a hard foul. Having seen him play for years (on multiple teams), that was out of character for him.

Manu flops, but Raja and Nash are in the top 6 in the NBA for drawing offensive fouls.

I've been watching basketball since the 70's and these "dirty" fouls are NOTHING compared to what I've seen over the years.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Still doesn't make it "the team" it makes it one player on the team.

Was Raja called for the flagrant? If no, then it's only a flagrant in your eyes, apparently. I don't remember the play you're referring to, but I don't recall any flagrants being handed out in game one. My memory sucks, though, so on this one I will say I could be wrong.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
(Even the Lakers fans don't accuse the Suns as being dirty, just Raja).

I want to say something here, because in the past I've compared Raja to Bowen on the dirty scale. I'd like to say that is hyperbole, because it is insulting to Raja.

Bowen is hands down the dirtiest player in the league. Raja has a smear of dirty play and flopitis to him, but he doesn't deliberately step under jump shooters.

Getting yet another healthy dose of Bruce Lee Bowen made me realize I should probably come clean about that. Raja is no Bowen even though I still think he's a piece of crap.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05