Heat lost, lets see if the Suns whoop Dattas thread 12/6/12

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tie game inside of a minute, management couldn't hope for better with their guarantee.

Steve

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gortat's value is crashing like a meteor. He has been as consistent as my grandfather's bowels. I hope he can string together a few decent games before December 15th when teams really start working the phones.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gortat's value is crashing like a meteor. He has been as consistent as my grandfather's bowels. I hope he can string together a few decent games before December 15th when teams really start working the phones.

He's capable of jumping, that's evident on defense. It would be nice if someone told him it was okay to elevate when you go to the basket in traffic. I'm so tired of watching the smallest guy on the court block him.

Steve

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
TNT crew clowning big time on the Suns, awesome that we're the joke of the NBA now.

Best line By Barkley - (Regarding Mr. Orange) "I hope he doesn't have any children"

Pathetic

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Someone aggregate Gortat and Dragics stats over the last 10 or 15.

Dragic is barely earning his contract right now.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the West holds to recent form it will take between 46 and 50 wins to make the playoffs this year. For the Suns to reach 46 wins we would have to go 39-23 the rest of the way...

At least we wont have that April playoff race suspense to worry about. December 7th and its safe to call this year a wrap.

wagon mound 464

Veteran
Reaction score
sad,,,,

At least we wont have that April playoff race suspense to worry about.

December 7th and its safe to call this year a wrap.

Sorry to say,,,I agree. I didn't expect much this year,,its worse than I first thought.

Any update on our $8m man, C. "air ball" Frye?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Sorry to say,,,I agree. I didn't expect much this year,,its worse than I first thought.

Any update on our $8m man, C. "air ball" Frye?

Out for season, but thinks he'll be back next year

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How do we find out how many fans at last night's game will cash in that gauranty and get a refund?

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Out for season, but thinks he'll be back next year

He's never going to play again. I know somebody that works at Mayo, and they said that with his condition, it's way too risky to try.

I guess we'll see, but I'm skeptical. If he can't play, I hope they can buy it out with insurance and move on.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Just watched the game. The Suns made it interesting again, but the outcome the same.

The Suns had a choice of prioritizing going after either Beasley or Mayo. They passed on Mayo originally because they went after Gordon. They passed on Mayo again later when they didn't want to guarantee him a starting spot (which I wouldn't do either, except that the Suns starting SG this year has struggled mightily regardless of who they throw out there, so Mayo would have easily gotten the spot anyway).

Mayo didn't have a great game (6 turnovers) but still finished with 23 points (9-17), 5 rebounds and 5 assists, including hitting the go-ahead basket to give the Mavs their final lead.

Beasley? 9 points (3-12), 0 rebounds, 2 assists

Suns starting SG? 11 points (4-9), 2 rebounds, 1 assist. Brown did get 4 steals.

Signing Beasley appears to have been a mistake. But if the Suns wanted a wing player prone for a breakout year, then not signing Mayo when they had a chance appears to be another mistake. Suns ability to evaluate current NBA talent still very much in question.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I were running the Suns, I would make absolutely certain that nobody outside of the organization finds that out.

I'd be surprised if all that many fans demanded the refund. They didn't guarantee a win, they guaranteed a good time. I don't think the typical fan that attends is quite as critical as we become on message boards and the like.

Despite the ridicule by Barkley and company and the ridicule we've seen on this board, I'd wager we haven't seen the last of this type of promotion and we'll be seeing more of it throughout the NBA. Part of this was motivated by the meager talent in Phoenix but the economy is having a devastating effect across the league and they are going to have to work harder to entice the average customer IMO.

Steve

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake