Hedo needs to be moved back to SF

Trifecta

Veteran
Reaction score
I know its going to be bad analogy but its seems like your wife sends you to take a bread but at the end of the day you come up with a milk on your hand, now your wife is trying to discover how to make bread from your expensive diet milk. Even more pathetic part of this story: you have already plenty of milk bottles in your refrigerator.

Now your wife is mad and telling you milk stinks. She hates milks from now on.

I think I see what you're saying. And it's compunded by the fact that Hedo has basically passed his used by date, gone all lumpy and smelly so to speak, and costs about 2 or 3 times as much as normal "milk" should.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I see what you're saying. And it's compunded by the fact that Hedo has basically passed his used by date, gone all lumpy and smelly so to speak, and costs about 2 or 3 times as much as normal "milk" should.

I don't drink milk. We need another Hedo analogy. Maybe something along the lines of tequila. We waited until the Mezcal was consumed and Toronto sent us a bottle with a dead worm at the bottom. Can a dead worm play power forward? And no, Rodman doesn't count because technically speaking, he was only dead from the neck up.

Steve

Vellasco

Reaction score

Cool. It wont change the fact that your father bought it even if you dont need it. Most likely he saw the sticker on which written as it was selected amongst best five milk at World Milk Competition held in Europe 2 months ago. Either it was exposed on Arizonas "SUN"s too much in that time or your family is sicken by one sided protein diet. It so obvious your have been feeding with milk in your childhood cuz I'm pretty impressed with your understanding the point i made.

Trifecta

Veteran
Reaction score
Cool. It wont change the fact that your father bought it even if you dont need it. Most likely he saw the sticker on which written as it was selected amongst best five milk at World Milk Competition held in Europe 2 months ago. Either it was exposed on Arizonas "SUN"s too much in that time or your family is sicken by one sided protein diet. It so obvious your have been feeding with milk in your childhood cuz I'm pretty impressed with your understanding the point i made.

Huh? Not sure what Hedo and the milk analogy has to do with my father or childhood exactly. There's no need for you to get personal with anyone over this. Also I have never lived in Arizona.

Look, I understand that you are loyal to Hedo because he's your fellow countryman. But you have to understand that 90% of suns fans hate the guy because of what he has brought to the table so far compared to the money he makes. Is it entirely Hedo's fault? No, the Suns are to blame as well because 1. they brought him in; and 2. they brought him with the idea that he would replace Amare.

Last edited:

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Why do you always resort to personal attack, when a poster disagrees with you. We get it, you are Hedo fan, but if Steve Nash can be criticized after all he has done for this franchise, you can be sure as hell, Hedo will get his.

Vellasco

Reaction score
Why do you always resort to personal attack, when a poster disagrees with you. We get it, you are Hedo fan, but if Steve Nash can be criticized after all he has done for this franchise, you can be sure as hell, Hedo will get his.

Personal attack? Always? huh. I guess its your own perceptions and definitely not even close to the truth. I'm sharing my thoughts just like everybody in this board.

Ok Let me more clear on my analogy if you couldn't got it.

Father: Robert Sarver
Familiy: The people (not a specific person) who may think that Hedo's expiration date passed out.

See, there is no any pure intention to attack to somebody in my post. If he think he is old he could have tell it directly instead he did it by using my quote and tried to annoy him from it.

Now I'm thinking that you the one who is trying to attack to somebody by using "always" word and impose me to the board like I'm a troll or an annoyer. No need to do that if you are not happy to have a player follower in your board. Just pm me than i'm lost. Hedo deserves too many critics, I did it on my own in this board already. I'm not blind Fan Boy. Just a follwer of him. There is keen diff btw them.

But I see the thing that you are trying to, so I'll take my action as a thin skin guy.

Michael

The buzz is back!
Reaction score
Can we please stop to compare Turkoglo to Scottie Pippen? If this Suns team would have Scottie, we would be "slightly" better defensively and faster. Not even to mention that Pippen always found a way to contribute even... ah well, I'm simply not going to compare them.

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Love how people gave him four games at a position he has never played before to conclude they hate having him on the team. Unbelievable. Still wish we had Barbosa and that upcoming wrist surgery? That would put us over the top.

Last edited:

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Love how people gave him four games at a position he has never played before to conclude they hate having him on the team. Unbelievable. Still wish we had Barbosa and that upcoming wrist surgery? That would put us over the top.

It's not that Turkoglu has never played PF before, it's that he can't play the position. Not going to happen.

He hit his threes last night and that was good, but if they brought him on to just shoot spot up three pointers then they're paying way too much money for a limited skill-set.

Errntknght

Reaction score

I'd gladly undo the Barbs/Hedo trade and the wrist surgery would be a bonus - no reason to play him at all. The good part would be that we'd be forced to play someone who is a better approximation to a PF than Hedo. Not that we have any terrific candidates but I'd rather watch Siler, Lawal or Clark learning something than Turk cluttering up the floor - assuming one of them would back up Warrick.

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well said, well spoken B.G.!

Steve

For real. This board has gone to pot. Hedo "cluttering up the floor", "would rather have Siler out there". Comical. 90% of yall decided to hate Hedo before he ever touched the court. Yall are too funny.

Last edited:

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It's not that Turkoglu has never played PF before, it's that he can't play the position. Not going to happen.

He hit his threes last night and that was good, but if they brought him on to just shoot spot up three pointers then they're paying way too much money for a limited skill-set.

So hate Hedo for having to play a position he isn't built for? Or hate management before the experiment has even began? Which is more ridiculous?

Not trying to attack you, cause I see where your coming from. Just expressing my opinion on the view of the Hedo haters.

Errntknght

Reaction score
For real. This board has gone to pot. Hedo "cluttering up the floor", "would rather have Siler out there". Comical. 90% of yall decided to hate Hedo before he ever touched the court. Yall are too funny.

I didn't hate Hedo before he touched the floor - in fact, I don't hate him at all. I'd be delighted to trade him to a team where he would thrive on the court, and wish him well. I thought it was a bad trade because I couldn't see how he'd supply what this team needs at the position he seemed destined to play - not that that took a crystal ball. Even so I thought if he shot lights out Gentry would be able cobble up something - maybe using his ability to make plays to take some of the load off Nash. Nothing like that has happened and now I'm beginning to fear that Gentry will feel obligated to play him with the second unit and, thereby, screw them up.

I'm not too concerned what he does with our geriatric first unit - since we are most unlikely to shed Hedo I hope Gentry decides to play he and Warrick both on it and let the second unit use someone at PF that hasn't conclusively proved he can't defend the position. The second unit is our future, IMO, so what happens with them concerns me much more. Last year they played strong D but with managements' shortsighted declaration of Amundson a supernumerary they're struggling to get back to that. Saddling them with Turkoglu will seriously impede any progress.

They need someone who will be thrilled to join them on the floor and work his butt off to hold up his end - including learning his role in the defensive scheme. It seems likely to me that the coaches could get one of our three young bigs to do that. Its not about making one of them a successful NBA starter, its about getting the second unit to have that defensive intensity they had last year. Propagating a defensive mindset in a significant portion of the Phoenix Suns. Imagine that. You may think that is comical but, to me, that is far and away the most important aspect of this season for the Suns.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I didn't hate Hedo before he touched the floor - in fact, I don't hate him at all. I'd be delighted to trade him to a team where he would thrive on the court, and wish him well. I thought it was a bad trade because I couldn't see how he'd supply what this team needs at the position he seemed destined to play - not that that took a crystal ball. Even so I thought if he shot lights out Gentry would be able cobble up something - maybe using his ability to make plays to take some of the load off Nash. Nothing like that has happened and now I'm beginning to fear that Gentry will feel obligated to play him with the second unit and, thereby, screw them up.

I'm not too concerned what he does with our geriatric first unit - since we are most unlikely to shed Hedo I hope Gentry decides to play he and Warrick both on it and let the second unit use someone at PF that hasn't conclusively proved he can't defend the position. The second unit is our future, IMO, so what happens with them concerns me much more. Last year they played strong D but with managements' shortsighted declaration of Amundson a supernumerary they're struggling to get back to that. Saddling them with Turkoglu will seriously impede any progress.

They need someone who will be thrilled to join them on the floor and work his butt off to hold up his end - including learning his role in the defensive scheme. It seems likely to me that the coaches could get one of our three young bigs to do that. Its not about making one of them a successful NBA starter, its about getting the second unit to have that defensive intensity they had last year. Propagating a defensive mindset in a significant portion of the Phoenix Suns. Imagine that. You may think that is comical but, to me, that is far and away the most important aspect of this season for the Suns.

Shame on you for having a nuanced and well thought out opinion on why Hedo doesn't fit. Clearly, you a hata!

Irish

Registered
Reaction score
Has Phoenix become another city where guys get run out of town after a half dozen games and the hate is so strong that "fans" will go to great lengths to destroy all trade value for a player? Jeesh.

Personally I think that switching Warrick and Hedo's position makes sense. At the same time, I'd move Childress to PF so Hedo can move to SF. From what I can tell, Dragic is pretty good off the ball, so Hedo can initiate the offense more than he can with Nash.

None of these moves are based on "hate", just an attempt to move guys into roles they can best contribue from. Hedo was huge in shooting the three in the past two games (5 of 10 on Fri and 3 of 6 on Sun). Childress is one of the better rebounders on the team and does well getting garbage points and should stay close to the basket.

Trifecta

Veteran
Reaction score
Has Phoenix become another city where guys get run out of town after a half dozen games and the hate is so strong that "fans" will go to great lengths to destroy all trade value for a player? Jeesh.

What trade value? :D

Trifecta

Veteran
Reaction score
Personally I think that switching Warrick and Hedo's position makes sense. At the same time, I'd move Childress to PF so Hedo can move to SF. From what I can tell, Dragic is pretty good off the ball, so Hedo can initiate the offense more than he can with Nash.

None of these moves are based on "hate", just an attempt to move guys into roles they can best contribue from. Hedo was huge in shooting the three in the past two games (5 of 10 on Fri and 3 of 6 on Sun). Childress is one of the better rebounders on the team and does well getting garbage points and should stay close to the basket.

I can see the merit in playing Childress at 4 in a Marion type role. It's not ideal obviously but given our current roster it makes sense. My only worry is he is somewhat fragile and would get banged up a lot more, which could spell injury problems later on if we go down that road.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Forget Hedo the Turk and Stockard Channing Frye,the SUNS need to go out and get this guy and stick him at PF.
All this teams frontline troubles will be over.....:)
You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Childress is an excellent backup 2/3 that could start at either spot. I see no value in putting him at the PF spot. You weaken our wings and do nothing to solve the PF spot. I think he's closer to a Ced Ceballos than a Shawn Marion and even if he were the 2nd coming of Shawn, it wouldn't work (IMO) without someone like Amare playing next to him. Also, despite a few similarities, Childress is nowhere near the equal of Shawn when it comes to 1st, 2nd and 3rd jump which Shawn used to offset his lack of size.

Josh is a smart, versatile player and I think we need to play him 30+ minutes a game. With his weak shot from distance it would be tempting to hide him at the PF spot but I just think it causes a lot more problems than it solves.

I think our best bet is to play Warrick and Hedo together against bigger teams. We wouldn't have a true 4 out there but two 3.5's might do the trick. So far this season though, the PF spot hasn't been our biggest weakness. It's the lack of a true center that's really hurting us. We need Lopez to figure out how to play without Amare. Right now, even Frye is outplaying him down low and Channing didn't all of a sudden morph into a real center.

Steve

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Childress is an excellent backup 2/3 that could start at either spot. I see no value in putting him at the PF spot. You weaken our wings and do nothing to solve the PF spot.

Agree with you. The PF spot and Center spots are are weakest positions IMO. Inserting him in the PF spot only solidifies small ball. I don't see how that helps this team.

I think he's closer to a Ced Ceballos than a Shawn Marion and even if he were the 2nd coming of Shawn, it wouldn't work (IMO) without someone like Amare playing next to him. Also, despite a few similarities, Childress is nowhere near the equal of Shawn when it comes to 1st, 2nd and 3rd jump which Shawn used to offset his lack of size.

It's interesting you say that. Before he played over seas I would have said he was closer to Marion then Ced. However, in limited action he plays more like Ced. Before he left the NBA he looked like someone on the rise. Curious to see if he has any untapped potential that is waiting to come out with more playing time.

I think our best bet is to play Warrick and Hedo together against bigger teams. We wouldn't have a true 4 out there but two 3.5's might do the trick. So far this season though, the PF spot hasn't been our biggest weakness. It's the lack of a true center that's really hurting us. We need Lopez to figure out how to play without Amare. Right now, even Frye is outplaying him down low and Channing didn't all of a sudden morph into a real center.

Steve

Two 3.5's. :D Nice.

We still don't have the player that can post up or get to the FT line at the end of games. We don't have a dominate big man on the boards either. PF/Center is still our weakness on this team. IMO you can get away with an average Center if you have a dominant PF. You could get away with a average PF with a dominant Center. I am not a fan of playing positions by committee because you don't get consistent play. So, I think not having a starting PF is just a big a weakness on this team as not having a center who has stepped up. The Suns are going to need to solidify one of those positions in the coming season or two or this team won't be built to complete in the long haul.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It's interesting you say that. Before he played over seas I would have said he was closer to Marion then Ced. However, in limited action he plays more like Ced. Before he left the NBA he looked like someone on the rise. Curious to see if he has any untapped potential that is waiting to come out with more playing time.

I'm curious why people aren't taking his broken finger into consideration. Especially in the first 5 games, Childress was CLEARLY not as aggressive as he was against Atlanta and Memphis. I don't think you can use these first games as a good gauge of his abilities because he was favoring that hand so much.

Two 3.5's. :D Nice.

We still don't have the player that can post up or get to the FT line at the end of games. We don't have a dominate big man on the boards either. PF/Center is still our weakness on this team. IMO you can get away with an average Center if you have a dominant PF. You could get away with a average PF with a dominant Center. I am not a fan of playing positions by committee because you don't get consistent play. So, I think not having a starting PF is just a big a weakness on this team as not having a center who has stepped up. The Suns are going to need to solidify one of those positions in the coming season or two or this team won't be built to complete in the long haul.

Even though their skill sets are different, ironically Hedo is an inch taller than Josh Smith. Doesn't mean anything, I just find that interesting.

But right now, I don't think Hedo is our main problem. Seems to be Robin Lopez at this point.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm curious why people aren't taking his broken finger into consideration. Especially in the first 5 games, Childress was CLEARLY not as aggressive as he was against Atlanta and Memphis. I don't think you can use these first games as a good gauge of his abilities because he was favoring that hand so much.

I thought about that as well. That's why I stated "untapped potential". I think maybe he could be better. Also, I think with more time we can finally see what he can really do. I think we agree there.

But right now, I don't think Hedo is our main problem. Seems to be Robin Lopez at this point.

I think Hedo is a problem BECAUSE Lopez has not stepped up. If Lopez was playing like a starting center then I think he takes pressure off the PF position. Because he hasn't I think it just highlights the problems we are having with our "bigs" in general. You have to have consistent production from one of those positions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05