Hee Haw

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually they ran for around 130 yards on us as a team. 130 yards rushing for a team isn't all that great in fact its downright average. I think you've gotten too used to the Cardinals and their ability to get 100 yards as a team once or twice a season as a measuring stick for containment.

I do agree with the rest of your assessment though

Ash - I'm not sure why you think they ran for around 130 against us - box score says 146 yards.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore?gid=20060917026

that ain't average - especially considering how relatively bad their rushing game has been the rest if the season.

And I'm not sure where you get the idea that 130 rushing yards per game would be considered downright average either? If you could average that this season it would put you in the top 5 teams in the league and the top 8 the last two seasons. 130 is a pretty solid number.

Last edited:

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the OL is more to blame than Warner. He was harassed all day. Edge is having a tough time too. He is fighting for every yard. Steps play at center is getting worse. He needs to be replaced. I would like to Wells at center but I would be pleased to see anybody.

GC, you need to bump your record player. The needles' stuck.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why is it every week, someone says this? I mean, we are three games into this thing right now and I think this team has told us almost all they are going to at this point. I guess the part I removed from your quote was important but even if they don't "roll over", what happens if they look bad (again...just like the first thre games) in another loss?

Then we just have to say that the game with KC will tell us a lot.

Hope springs eternal in the hearts of youth.;)

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Ash - I'm not sure why you think they ran for around 130 against us - box score says 146 yards.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore?gid=20060917026

that ain't average - especially considering how relatively bad their rushing game has been the rest if the season.

And I'm not sure where you get the idea that 130 rushing yards per game would be considered downright average either? If you could average that this season it would put you in the top 5 teams in the league and the top 8 the last two seasons. 130 is a pretty solid number.

Oops forgot that run by Alexander at the end of the game

I guess I should've clarified on the average comment. In a typical year holding teams to around 130 yards rushing is around average. The last couple of years with the amount of blitzing, it seems that rushing (well at least this year) and offense have really gone down.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Good Points Jim, we aren't a bad team. Just one that needs execution at vital and pivitol points in the game like every other team. The D has been good other than coverage breakdowns like you pointed out. The personell is there we need good schemes in coverage not to let Rolle and Green hung out to dry. Maybe replacing Griffith in sure passing situations. Keeping Wilson more at home.

The Offense needs consistency and I agree that the short stuff is there all day.
Yes in the beginning stretch the field a little but then that opens up everything and they need to play it that way I think, go screens and dumps to James and TE's then go for a big play once that is working. Keep em off balance is key.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser