Hello Dark Side, My Old Friend...

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
...yep, I've gone from cautious optimism back into the arms of the dark side, at least temporarily. We've gone from a "well, maybe, if everything goes right, we can sneak into the playoffs" to "Well, maybe, if everything goes right, we can still be in the hunt in the last five weeks."

Brutal, baby. Brutal. And the schmuck extending Collins on the same day is a direct middle finger to me, no doubt about it :D

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
...yep, I've gone from cautious optimism back into the arms of the dark side, at least temporarily. We've gone from a "well, maybe, if everything goes right, we can sneak into the playoffs" to "Well, maybe, if everything goes right, we can still be in the hunt in the last five weeks."

Brutal, baby. Brutal. And the schmuck extending Collins on the same day is a direct middle finger to me, no doubt about it :D
It’s okay buddy. I’m not counting on the playoffs quite yet. However I really feel this offense can carry this team a bit.
We are not going to win any games 13-10 unless we control 50 minutes TOP.
After the 22 and 3/4 of the 23 season its got to be better. The last half of the season gives us an idea of what might be in store.
I can live on the equator of the dark side and kool-aid but I’m not ready to see all doom and gloom.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
It’s okay buddy. I’m not counting on the playoffs quite yet. However I really feel this offense can carry this team a bit.
We are not going to win any games 13-10 unless we control 50 minutes TOP.
After the 22 and 3/4 of the 23 season its got to be better. The last half of the season gives us an idea of what might be in store.
I can live on the equator of the dark side and kool-aid but I’m not ready to see all doom and gloom.
With the schedule start, we'll be buried before we have a chance.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh… D was going to suck either way.

This team goes as far as the O can take them. That’s the only unit that really matters. We start losing guys there, then I’ll be bummed.

I agree with this 100%. This team goes as far as the O can take it.

Hopefully the offense can put up at least 25 points a game and control the clock. The defense will need to be more “bend don’t break” and try to limit teams to FGs.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

Hopefully the offense can put up at least 25 points a game and control the clock. The defense will need to be more “bend don’t break” and try to limit teams to FGs.
I think..."think" this offense is better than 25 points a game.
We were the #4 offense in the league the last 4 weeks of last season...while teams were fighting for playoff spots...

We added Trey Benson and traded Hollywood Brown and Rondale Moore for Marvin Harrison Jr and Zay Jones... I think they can maintain top 5

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I think..."think" this offense is better than 25 points a game.
We were the #4 offense in the league the last 4 weeks of last season...while teams were fighting for playoff spots...

We added Trey Benson and traded Hollywood Brown and Rondale Moore for Marvin Harrison Jr and Zay Jones... I think they can maintain top 5

We shook up the oline pretty good though oaken1!

I agree with you we can be great on offense, but we need to be a little patient and allow PJJ and the new RT to settle in!

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
What are you basing this on exactly?

Zaven was a solid/average starter last year. He might not have lived up to the sack total you had hoped for, but the rest of the game was solid. And he got a contract that reflected that play.

My guess is that you and most would have been very satisfied by the contrract if Collins had been a former 3rd rounder. It's only his status a former 1st rounder that brings the negativity

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

When has being a Cardinals fan been easy?

Even when a rare success slaps this team in the face, fans were sitting on pins and needles.

The only controllable aspect is how one deals with the unavoidable frustration.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score

Hopefully the offense can put up at least 25 points a game
and control the clock. The defense will need to be more “bend don’t break” and try to limit teams to FGs.
If we don't put up at least 30 or more per, we're not cracking .500.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
What are you basing this on exactly?

Zaven was a solid/average starter last year. He might not have lived up to the sack total you had hoped for, but the rest of the game was solid. And he got a contract that reflected that play.

My guess is that you and most would have been very satisfied by the contrract if Collins had been a former 3rd rounder. It's only his status a former 1st rounder that brings the negativity
False. Average at best. He's a JAG. Play out his contract, sign someone else for cheaper or replace him with a draft pick, and never miss a beat on D.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score

this feels premature ---

the Collins extension is super interesting

the coaching staff CLEARLY likes him way more than fans or stats would suggest-- and that they have a "plan" for him. I am ready to give the staff the benefit of the doubt on that one.

I need to go look at OTC when its posted, but i suspect if he is TERRIBLE they can get out of that contract next year for something like $5mm.

But if he actually plays an important role -- they have him at a relatively low cap number for another season.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
this feels premature ---

the Collins extension is super interesting

the coaching staff CLEARLY likes him way more than fans or stats would suggest-- and that they have a "plan" for him. I am ready to give the staff the benefit of the doubt on that one.

I need to go look at OTC when its posted, but i suspect if he is TERRIBLE they can get out of that contract next year for something like $5mm.

But if he actually plays an important role -- they have him at a relatively low cap number for another season.
Who do you mean by fans? People on here. Or general people that are not on here, or,,,,?

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score

It’s entertainment

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
My opinion hasn't dramatically changed. I've thought we were a longshot for the playoffs and really still do.

The only real difference to last year is that I haven't completely written everything off yet, where at this point last year I had absolutely zero expectation of winning a single game. I figured we'd win one or two, just didn't expect any of them.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Did not expect a darksider feeding frenzy after one injury, but there you go!

The Cardinals may as well not even show up for this year's games, haha! ;) j/k!
The sky is falling LOL

(I'm making a joke based on my past comments, in no way am I actually portraying the Darksiders perspective as chicken little.)