Hello There Red Birds

OP
OP
F

Falcons365

Reaction score
Its all perception, dude... its "what have you done lately" syndrom... its good, we don't mind being underdogs.

Cards crapped last 2-3 games because they had already clinched the division and were playing completely without focus and effort. Shouldn't happen but its a young team. Hopefully they will learn and improve next season. Expect an inspired team to show up this Sat.

I do expect an inspired effort from you guys. You guys just dont strike fear in me because your not fundementally sound. I have no doubts that you guys can put a game together and come out on fire. Its just that you guys make mistakes in games, its just a matter of us capitalizing on those mistakes, and not making mistakes of our own.

We have been screwed out of at least 3 fumbles this season that turned out to be game changing plays. One time was a fumble run back for a TD in San Diego where our receiver never caught the ball. 2 Turner fumbles he was down, he just doesnt fumble the ball.

Ryan rarely throws picks.. We dont make mistakes. Thats what makes me confident.

What worries me is our defense. Milloy and Abe are hurting, but hopefully they can feel better on Saturday. We still dont have an upper level defense. We are bend but dont break with very limited pass rushing skills outside of Abe and Babs.

Should be a good game.

OP
OP
F

Falcons365

Reaction score
Don't understand all this Leinart bashing... has no bearing on the game this Saturday under normal circumstances... why not focus on the game?

wasnt trying to Leinart bash. Wanted your guys opinion on the bad draft pick. I mentioned that we have a guy jamaal anderson who is a pretty big bust. We drafted him #8 overall.

Just talkin football, thats all

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
wasnt trying to Leinart bash. Wanted your guys opinion on the bad draft pick. I mentioned that we have a guy jamaal anderson who is a pretty big bust. We drafted him #8 overall.

Just talkin football, thats all
If you keep the bolded part up you are going to keep stiring the pot. Not with me neccessarilly, but with many of the other posters.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
On paper the Cardinals look like a shoe-in

If it was so easy, you guys wouldnt be a home dog.:)

Why even bring your starters than, right?
Treat it as a preseason game, that seems to be the opinion in ATL.

This is our house.
We live here.
We protact our nest!
Don't come into our house thinking you're all that because you're not!
I hope the Falcon's players have the same attitude you do because it will be a long plane ride home if they do!

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
I do expect an inspired effort from you guys. You guys just dont strike fear in me because your not fundementally sound. I have no doubts that you guys can put a game together and come out on fire. Its just that you guys make mistakes in games, its just a matter of us capitalizing on those mistakes, and not making mistakes of our own.

We have been screwed out of at least 3 fumbles this season that turned out to be game changing plays. One time was a fumble run back for a TD in San Diego where our receiver never caught the ball. 2 Turner fumbles he was down, he just doesnt fumble the ball.

Ryan rarely throws picks.. We dont make mistakes. Thats what makes me confident.

What worries me is our defense. Milloy and Abe are hurting, but hopefully they can feel better on Saturday. We still dont have an upper level defense. We are bend but dont break with very limited pass rushing skills outside of Abe and Babs.

Should be a good game.
I hear you... but every team pretty much can say something similar. I know we were robbed of couple of fumbles as well this year and several other calls that did not go our way. That's NFL life.

As I said, if Warner doesn't turn it over, we can strike early and keep your rushing attack on the sidelines and put all the load on the shoulders of the rook. If we turn it over 2-3 times and you capitalize on it, game is yours.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your going to say he has a strong arm then please have some information to back it up. I can show you numerous videos of Lienart throwing the football. You would only call his arm strong if you were comparing it to a water pistol. I mean seriously. You want the links?

I want to know what your seeing, because you seem to be the only one seeing it. The advanced scouts surely dont agree with you. Thats why I either call you ..

1) Homer
2) Lacking in football smarts

I didnt want to offend you so I deferred to #1..

Then again, "strong" is a relative term so I may ask you to define that term in this regard.

I dont hate the guy, but its obvious that he isnt a leader.. he doesnt have a strong arm and he isnt focused on football. Im not just making this stuff up to make him look bad. This is all documented.

Strong IS a relative term. And my opinion is coming mostly from what I have seen from him at the end of the games over the past few weeks. I am not sure you have seen a lot of what he has done since Sports Center really doesn't focus on that stuff. Anyway, I do not expect this team to resign Warner after this year and I will be disappointed if they do.

I am pretty confident (again, after what I have seen with Matt as a backup) in Matt's QB ability. Of course he isn't a leader ... yet. But I think he has potential and that learning under one of the best QBs in the game has done nothing but help him.

OP
OP
F

Falcons365

Reaction score
If you keep the bolded part up you are going to keep stiring the pot. Not with me neccessarilly, but with many of the other posters.

Trust me I know.

On our boards 95% of the people will call Jamaal Anderson a bad pick but there is still 5% of the people who will defend and apologize for players performance and attitude until the bitter end.

It makes for good football conversation anyway.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, if you want to knock backup QBs, I'd like our chances with Matt Leinart out there for us v. Chris Redman running your team.

IAWarnerFan

Reaction score
I hear you... but every team pretty much can say something similar. I know we were robbed of couple of fumbles as well this year and several other calls that did not go our way. That's NFL life.

As I said, if Warner doesn't turn it over, we can strike early and keep your rushing attack on the sidelines. If we turn it over 2-3 times and you capitalize on it, game is yours.
I'd expect Warner to turn it over once or maybe even twice, but defense is the key. If our defense can play solid throughout we'll be alright.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, if you want to knock backup QBs, I'd like our chances with Matt Leinart out there for us v. Chris Redman running your team.

Thanks, aj. I wanted to post that, but it would have taken me too much time to research who their backup QB was.

IAWarnerFan

Reaction score
Trust me I know.

On our boards 95% of the people will call Jamaal Anderson a bad pick but there is still 5% of the people who will defend and apologize for players performance and attitude until the bitter end.

It makes for good football conversation anyway.
Well this board is more behind Leinart than they are Warner. Crazy, I know. :doi:

OP
OP
F

Falcons365

Reaction score
Why even bring your starters than, right?
Treat it as a preseason game, that seems to be the opinion in ATL.

This is our house.
We live here.
We protact our nest!
Don't come into our house thinking you're all that because you're not!
I hope the Falcon's players have the same attitude you do because it will be a long plane ride home if they do!

Read into my comments what you will. I said already that your passing attack scares me. We are an up and coming team thats on the rise. Really young, and talented on offense. We have not rebuilt the defense yet so of course I am not extremely confident.

I would only be confident if I had the defense of Philly, TEN, Pitts, Baltimore etc. With our defense, nothing is certain heh.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd expect Warner to turn it over once or maybe even twice, but defense is the key. If our defense can play solid throughout we'll be alright.

If we are even, or plus, in turnovers we will win this game. I saw Jay Cutler carve up the Falcons in Atlanta. We can score on this team.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
I feel very comfortable with Leinart running the team. He is still QBOF and has shown flashes.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I agree with this, though I wonder if our defense can play solid. I don't doubt most of their drive, but we seen to get beat too much. I hope the home crowd can inspire our defense. I am not a fan of Pendy and haven't been for a few years now and am hoping he is gone after this season.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel very comfortable with Leinart running the team. He is still QBOF and has shown flashes.

Yeah, so do I. But, I understand most outsiders would be very happy to see him fall flat on his face since they think he's a glamor boy.

OP
OP
F

Falcons365

Reaction score

I was just making draft talk. Redman is not our future QB, Leinart is your future QB. In the context of my conversation your statement makes no sense.

I was comparing our draft bust from 2007 Jamaal Anderson to your draft bust from 2006 Matt Leinart.

If you dont think Matt Leinart is a bust, just look at Joe Flacco and Matt Ryan. Heck, even Tyler Thigpen in crappy Kansas City.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
I agree with this, though I wonder if our defense can play solid. I don't doubt most of their drive, but we seen to get beat too much. I hope the home crowd can inspire our defense. I am not a fan of Pendy and haven't been for a few years now and am hoping he is gone after this season.
It just completely baffles me why doesn't CP understand that rushing three has NEVER worked so far... keep throwing the kitchen sink especially when rookie is behind the center.

IAWarnerFan

Reaction score
I was just making draft talk. Redman is not our future QB, Leinart is your future QB. In the context of my conversation your statement makes no sense.

I was comparing our draft bust from 2007 Jamaal Anderson to your draft bust from 2006 Matt Leinart.

If you dont think Matt Leinart is a bust, just look at Joe Flacco and Matt Ryan. Heck, even Tyler Thigpen in crappy Kansas City.
Again, I'd agree with you for the most part on that, but I'm in the minority here. Matt Leinart really hasn't shown that he can be a team leader and honestly it's a concern I have.

OP
OP
F

Falcons365

Reaction score
Yeah, so do I. But, I understand most outsiders would be very happy to see him fall flat on his face since they think he's a glamor boy.

I dont care if Leinart is good or bad. Hes not in my division. I just call it like I see it. Draft talk is my specialty and one of my favorite subjects. Leinart is a glamor boy whether you want to admit it or not. He makes appearances on reality shows and has been on other shows like Punk'd.

He likes being in front of the camera, around at parties. Hanging in a hot tub with 6 playboy playmates. He likes that kind of life. The glamor life. Hanging with Paris Hilton.

All that just shows me that he isnt focused on football. His playing time has decreased every year he has been in the league. If I were a Cards fan, I would hold him accountable for his off the field lifestyle. I would be frustrated with him if it were me.

IAWarnerFan

Reaction score
He makes appearances on reality shows and has been on other shows like Punk'd.

He likes being in front of the camera, around at parties. Hanging in a hot tub with 6 playboy playmates. He likes that kind of life. The glamor life. Hanging with Paris Hilton.
Who wouldn't want that lifestyle? :shrug::p

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Here's Leinart's rookie stats:

2006 Arizona Cardinals 12 11 214 377 56.8 2,547 6.8 11 12 21 158 74.0 22 49 2.2 2 8 2

Here are Flacco's:

2008 Baltimore Ravens 16 16 257 428 60.0 2,971 6.9 14 12 32 276 80.3 52 180 3.5 2 11 2

Here are Ryan's:

2008 Atlanta Falcons 16 16 265 434 61.1 3,440 7.9 16 11 17 104 87.7 55 104 1.9 1 6

The numbers are pretty similar, especially if you extrapolate Leinart's out over 16. Especially when you consider that Leinart did not have the luxury of a even an average running game, unlike the 2 outstanding run games of the Falcs and the Ravens. Plus, our defense was terrible, which meant passing from behind all the time.

Why don't you just tell us about stuff you actually know? You are talking out of your butt calling Leinart a "bust".

IAWarnerFan

Reaction score
Here's Leinart's rookie stats:

2006 Arizona Cardinals 12 11 214 377 56.8 2,547 6.8 11 12 21 158 74.0 22 49 2.2 2 8 2

Here are Flacco's:

Here are Ryan's:

The numbers are pretty similar, especially if you extrapolate Leinart's out over 16. Especially when you consider that Leinart did not have the luxury of a even an average running game, unlike the 2 outstanding run games of the Falcs and the Ravens. Plus, our defense was terrible, which meant passing from behind all the time.

Why don't you just tell us about stuff you actually know? You are talking out of your butt calling Leinart a "bust".
No, Leinart's numbers are quite a bit worse if you take off your rose colored glasses. Leinart has better options than the other two as well. :p

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont care if Leinart is good or bad. Hes not in my division. I just call it like I see it. Draft talk is my specialty and one of my favorite subjects. Leinart is a glamor boy whether you want to admit it or not. He makes appearances on reality shows and has been on other shows like Punk'd.

All that just shows me that he isnt focused on football. His playing time has decreased every year he has been in the league. If I were a Cards fan, I would hold him accountable for his off the field lifestyle. I would be frustrated with him if it were me.

Almost everything you mentioned more than 2 years old as far as news goes. If he was PacMan, out at the ***** bars every night, hell yeah, I'd be pissed. But, when I hear Whisenhunt and Warner praising how hard he's working, that's really all I have to go on right now.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
At least he's not in prison for killing dogs.
BTW?
I'sn't Vick still listed on the roster?
How much are you paying him this year?

Beer bongs or killing helpless animals?

Hmmm?

Pass the bong!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05