Hello There Red Birds

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So "homer" is disrespectful? I am a falcons homer.

Go read the post again. I said that I didnt want to offend anyone so I didnt say they were "lacking in football smarts".. I basically said they were looking at Lienart with rose colored glasses.

Anyway, if you want to ban a troll, I am probably not the guy to monitor. Most things I have said are pretty fair. Take it as a complement that I fear your passing game :)

I don't think the homer comment was necessarily disrespectful, but combined with the implied "you are an idiot chick" thing was not cool. Dude, I am a Cardinals fan. I am neither a homer nor stupid, you prick. There are no rose colored glasses where I live.

You called me out and never responded to one of my posts. That's part of the definition of trolling.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I work with this guy's younger brother. He is the Head Coaches admin assistant and one of the team scouts.

You must be registered for see images

Andrew Weidinger joined the Falcons in 2007 as a personnel scout. In his new role in 2008, Weidinger will provide administrative help to Head Coach Mike Smith. He will also lend a hand with the Falcons offense, undertaking such duties as managing data, research, daily practice scripts, schedules and calendars. Prior to arriving in Atlanta, Weidinger spent seven seasons at the University of Arizona, where he served in a number of positions, including Assistant Director of Football Operations. He received a degree in Political Science in May 2004 and completed his master’s degree in Information Resources and Library Sciences in May 2007. Andrew spent late summer and early fall of 2006 in a preseason internship with the Falcons.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today I started the playoff banter by putting a picture of Big Red next to his brother on his desktop. I am sure he will respond in kind. :D

He, like many Falcons fans, are fairly confident about this game. Despite any discussion about Warner versus Ryan, it is really going to come down to their running game and our ability to stop it.

Falcons 3652

Reaction score
I don't think the homer comment was necessarily disrespectful, but combined with the implied "you are an idiot chick" thing was not cool. Dude, I am a Cardinals fan. I am neither a homer nor stupid, you prick. There are no rose colored glasses where I live.

You called me out and never responded to one of my posts. That's part of the definition of trolling.

I only registered again to send you this:

I didnt even read your screen name when you wrote Lienart had a "strong arm" so I didnt know you were a girl. Hence I wasnt implying any sort of stupid female thing. Since you took it that way thats obviously my fault. Didnt notice until I was booted and was re-reading my replies.

Anyway, what do you want me to answer? I brought up Matt Leinart because I wanted to make draft talk thats all. We have a guy named Jamaal Anderson who was picked higher than Lienart in 2007 and has proved to be a bust. Just talkin draft.. its generally what stirrs good conversation. While I was here I just wanted to talk Cards or Falcons. Nothing more, nothing less.

So I am sorry.. your not a stupid chick.. I hope you dont consider me a prick still :)

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please don't pile on. I am pretty sure he has gotten the message and his last post was the one that I was looking for.

Last edited by a moderator:

Avondale Red Rage

Just wondering...
Reaction score
I only registered again to send you this:

I didnt even read your screen name when you wrote Lienart had a "strong arm" so I didnt know you were a girl. Hence I wasnt implying any sort of stupid female thing. Since you took it that way thats obviously my fault. Didnt notice until I was booted and was re-reading my replies.

Anyway, what do you want me to answer? I brought up Matt Leinart because I wanted to make draft talk thats all. We have a guy named Jamaal Anderson who was picked higher than Lienart in 2007 and has proved to be a bust. Just talkin draft.. its generally what stirrs good conversation. While I was here I just wanted to talk Cards or Falcons. Nothing more, nothing less.

So I am sorry.. your not a stupid chick.. I hope you dont consider me a prick still :)

What a putz. :ban:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Atlanta was the best matchup for us. You have a good RB, and a good but untested, and young QB. WRs...no. That doesn't scare me at all. Edge should be able to run on your defense...which is almost as bad defending the run as we are running it. Edge is also fresh legged and motivated.

Boldin is rested, Fitz is at the top of his game and Breaston is a dream 3rd WR.

The name of the game is SCORE EARLY for us. Get on the board, and make Matt Ryan run the game, and not your ground game.

I'm more afraid of your backup RB, btw. We will stop Turner. We can stop the Frank Gores and S. Jacksons of the league, we can stop Turner. Norwood scares me though.

On defense, we are opportunistic....and that young pup DRC has been improving game to game, and is on fire right now. But I don't fear your WRs in the first place, so Rod Hood should be ok. DRC will get a pick and you better hope he doesn't see daylight, because you won't see him again...he'll be dancing in the endzone.

Warner has a quick release, and will beat your pass rush, especially with Boldin back on the short routes. your secondary and lbs won't contain Q.

I expect us to win this game, by 7 or 10.

Of course, our ST might give you great FP all day, and that could really hurt us.

We've been coasting since we wrapped up the division (or almost did, right before thanksgiving) and Whis hasn't dug into his bag of tricks since. Watch for some trickery from Whis in this game. He'll get ya when you least expect it.

Our defense will be pumped up and ready to play, and if the offense comes out similarly, they will stay pumped up. If we struggle on O, the D will falter though.

And last but not least...UOP Stadium is LOUD as hell. We will be in Ryan's ear all day, and he will not like it one bit. We are louder than you could ever think.

It's gonna be fun!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW, "Matt Leinart parties" smack is about as effective on us as "Vick kills dogs" is on you guys.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We haven't seen enough of Matt to know what we have in him. He's looked good in spot duty, that's all. Wish we'd have seen more since we were all but tanking these last few weeks.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
For the record, I like Chris Redman and I think he'd make for an above average back-up to Leinart, whenever Warner decides to hang up his cleats.

I am bummed about the turn the thread took.

Acts of domestic violence and animal brutality don't have impact on this game and I'm surprised we engaged in these acts of troll-like retaliation.

CardShark

DEAL WITH IT!
Reaction score
Just because Leinart is on the bench doesn't make him a bust. He was simply beat out by a QB that has been outstanding and has alot of experience, not to mention a SB ring to go along with a couple of MVP trophies. Their play in the preseason was rated as comparable. Whis went with game experience. That only makes me feel better about Leinart. It's like saying Steve Young was a bust because he rode the bench behind Montana. I think you gleen your information from idiot reporters that don't really follow this team so they report what they think is going on.

If you want to compare the teams though, I would say they are on a pretty level ground. The Cards have had a slightly tougher schedule than the Falcons. The Cards do by the air what the Falcons do on the ground. Both defenses are similar. Where the Falcons have a dominate pass rusher, the Cards get it from a multitude of players. Adrian Wilson is always a threat to punish a QB from the safety position.

I do feel the Cards have the edge, literally and figuratively. Edge is coming in fresh and after running for 100 yards in a game that he didn't play the whole game. Boldin will be back at full strength. The crowd can be deafening. The Cards are not travelling. Almost everyone is picking the Falcons.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Son, be prepared for our Offense to march through you-all like they are Sherman marching towards the sea.

The Falcons and their fans will be choking on the peanuts in their RC Cola.

Scarlett's gonna be lookin' for a beat-up, broken-down horse to take her back to Tara.

Falcons 3652

Reaction score
Just because Leinart is on the bench doesn't make him a bust. He was simply beat out by a QB that has been outstanding and has alot of experience, not to mention a SB ring to go along with a couple of MVP trophies. Their play in the preseason was rated as comparable. Whis went with game experience. That only makes me feel better about Leinart. It's like saying Steve Young was a bust because he rode the bench behind Montana. I think you gleen your information from idiot reporters that don't really follow this team so they report what they think is going on.

If you want to compare the teams though, I would say they are on a pretty level ground. The Cards have had a slightly tougher schedule than the Falcons. The Cards do by the air what the Falcons do on the ground. Both defenses are similar. Where the Falcons have a dominate pass rusher, the Cards get it from a multitude of players. Adrian Wilson is always a threat to punish a QB from the safety position.

I do feel the Cards have the edge, literally and figuratively. Edge is coming in fresh and after running for 100 yards in a game that he didn't play the whole game. Boldin will be back at full strength. The crowd can be deafening. The Cards are not travelling. Almost everyone is picking the Falcons.

That is the last thing I would have expected to hear from a Cards fan. You played 6 games vs. a division thats pretty pathetic. Every one of the other 3 NFC South teams is better than your division counterparts. You went 6-0 against those weak teams. 1-5 vs. the rest of the NFC. You guys played the cowgirls at home. We played Philly on the road (Philly is in the playoffs not Dallas).

You guys played better AFC teams, but our tougher division more than makes up for that. We played more playoff teams etc etc.. You would have a tough time selling your argument.

That doesnt mean you guys are going to lose, it just means we had a tougher schedule. Its still going to be a good game.

Falcons 3652

Reaction score
Son, be prepared for our Offense to march through you-all like they are Sherman marching towards the sea.

The Falcons and their fans will be choking on the peanuts in their RC Cola.

Scarlett's gonna be lookin' for a beat-up, broken-down horse to take her back to Tara.

Not sure about some of the terms you are using here, but we dont drink RC Cola in Atlanta.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not sure about some of the terms you are using here, but we dont drink RC Cola in Atlanta.

Not sure about my terms? Lordy! I'm talkin' 'bout the War Between The States!!! I hope your team knows more about football than you do about the history of the South, Sir.

If you don't drink RC than you ain't Southern. Get thee to a Piggly-Wiggly.

If I'm still not getting thru... Y'all will choke on your Moon Pies.

Last edited:

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
That is the last thing I would have expected to hear from a Cards fan. You played 6 games vs. a division thats pretty pathetic. Every one of the other 3 NFC South teams is better than your division counterparts. You went 6-0 against those weak teams. 1-5 vs. the rest of the NFC. You guys played the cowgirls at home. We played Philly on the road (Philly is in the playoffs not Dallas).

You guys played better AFC teams, but our tougher division more than makes up for that. We played more playoff teams etc etc.. You would have a tough time selling your argument.

That doesnt mean you guys are going to lose, it just means we had a tougher schedule. Its still going to be a good game.
The Cardinals played four games vs. the NFC East and four games against the AFC East, two of the three toughest divisions in the entire NFL IMO. Couple that with the cross-country travel and it ain't no Sunday School picnic.

I suspect if the Cardinals had played the NFC North and AFC West(2 of the 3 weakest divisions IMO), they'd be better than 3-7 outside their division. And if Atlanta had played the NFC East and AFC East, they'd have a worse overall record than they ended up with.

addendum: Also, even though the Cardinals played a second-place schedule, they ended up playing the division leaders from the NFC North(Minn) and NFC South(Car).

Last edited:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You didn't have a tougher schedule.

Cards opponents 124 131 1 0.484
Falcons opponents 117 138 1 0.457

Ours was tougher than yours. Oh, and we also played Philly in Philly, on Thanksgiving after a short week.

Oh, and consider the argument sold.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
You didn't have a tougher schedule.

Cards opponents 124 131 1 0.484
Falcons opponents 117 138 1 0.457

Ours was tougher than yours. Oh, and we also played Philly in Philly, on Thanksgiving after a short week.

Oh, and consider the argument sold.

This argument of who had the tougher schedule... who plays in the tougher division, blah, blah, blah.... is all so pointless...

Each single game brings its own set of dynamics, no matter who is playing who, or which division the teams are in, or who they played and beat or lost to previously...
Unless it's the Car*s playing on the east coast, none of this crap means anything, and using it in an effort to handicap a game is folly...
We played the AFC East and beat 2 teams and got smoked by 2 teams... Care to tell me what that means in the context of "strength of schedule"??

Car*s - if you're reading this... just go out and pass, pass and pass some more... Put up more than 27 points and the game is yours... ;)

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This argument of who had the tougher schedule... who plays in the tougher division, blah, blah, blah.... is all so pointless...

Each single game brings its own set of dynamics, no matter who is playing who, or which division the teams are in, or who they played and beat or lost to previously...
Unless it's the Car*s playing on the east coast, none of this crap means anything, and using it in an effort to handicap a game is folly...
We played the AFC East and beat 2 teams and got smoked by 2 teams... Care to tell me what that means in the context of "strength of schedule"??

Car*s - if you're reading this... just go out and pass, pass and pass some more... Put up more than 27 points and the game is yours... ;)

It doesn't mean squat, really. However, SOS is a pretty simply and accepted number to judge the uhm...strength of a schedule. Since the fact was pretty clear that the Cards SOS was higher than the Falcons, the guy's argument was invalid.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Matt Ryan had a great year for a rookie, no doubt about that. He's no Kurt Warner tho and maybe never will be. :shrug:

Please give it a rest. I am also a KW fan, I appriecate everything he has done for us. But You're making me hope he retires after this year just so we can have a thread that you don't turn into a KW love fest.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
It doesn't mean squat, really. However, SOS is a pretty simply and accepted number to judge the uhm...strength of a schedule. Since the fact was pretty clear that the Cards SOS was higher than the Falcons, the guy's argument was invalid.

Agree...

;)

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
The Cardinals played four games vs. the NFC East and four games against the AFC East, two of the three toughest divisions in the entire NFL IMO. Couple that with the cross-country travel and it ain't no Sunday School picnic.

I suspect if the Cardinals had played the NFC North and AFC West(2 of the 3 weakest divisions IMO), they'd be better than 3-7 outside their division. And if Atlanta had played the NFC East and AFC East, they'd have a worse overall record than they ended up with.

addendum: Also, even though the Cardinals played a second-place schedule, they ended up playing the division leaders from the NFC North(Minn) and NFC South(Car).
So true. I suspect if the Cards had that non-division schedule they would be 13-3 or 14-2 and the darlings of the NFL. The NFC South doesn't compare to the NFC east, i don't care what their records are. Their records were aided by the weak AFC West. The Cards were aided by the weak NFC West. If you want to talk hard schedules, i'm not looking it up, but it seemed like Pittsburgh was playing a tough game every week except for the Bengals/Browns games.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please give it a rest. I am also a KW fan, I appriecate everything he has done for us. But You're making me hope he retires after this year just so we can have a thread that you don't turn into a KW love fest.

+1

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05