Henry traded to the Titans

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Titans | To Land Henry
Sat, 16 Jul 2005 09:35:14 -0700

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Tennessee Titans have reached agreement in principle on a trade to acquire Buffalo Bills RB Travis Henry and, barring unexpected complications, the deal will be announced early next week. Buffalo will receive a third-round choice in the 2006 draft. The paperwork for the trade, which is not contingent upon the Titans reaching a contract extension agreement with Henry, has already been forwarded to the league offices. "From what we've been told, Travis is headed to Tennessee," agent Hadley Engelhard said Saturday morning, July 16. "I don't know if Floyd (Reese, Titans general manager) will try to do an extension or not. We'll have to wait and see about that." The trade is also contingent on Henry passing a physical.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
O said:
Titans | To Land Henry
Sat, 16 Jul 2005 09:35:14 -0700

ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports the Tennessee Titans have reached agreement in principle on a trade to acquire Buffalo Bills RB Travis Henry and, barring unexpected complications, the deal will be announced early next week. Buffalo will receive a third-round choice in the 2006 draft. The paperwork for the trade, which is not contingent upon the Titans reaching a contract extension agreement with Henry, has already been forwarded to the league offices. "From what we've been told, Travis is headed to Tennessee," agent Hadley Engelhard said Saturday morning, July 16. "I don't know if Floyd (Reese, Titans general manager) will try to do an extension or not. We'll have to wait and see about that." The trade is also contingent on Henry passing a physical.

I thought he was going to the Jags. Wow, I can't believe we couldn't even get a 7th runder for Shelton or Ray.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
BigDavis75 said:
I thought he was going to the Jags. Wow, I can't believe we couldn't even get a 7th runder for Shelton or Ray.

No one likes to buy cancer.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BigDavis75 said:

Shelton was signed by one of the worst teams in the league to a minimum 1 year deal - I think that says enough about his worth. Besides - why the hell woudl anyone want to PAY Shelton the huge jack he got when he clearly isn't worth it - which is what they'd be agreeing to if they traded for him. Remember - you're not just trading for the player - you're trading for their overblown contract as well.

As far as Ray - you've got a guy in the substance abuse program who sucked ass on the football field - not to mention his contract sucked as well.

100%CardsFan

100% embarrassed
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
Shelton was signed by one of the worst teams in the league to a minimum 1 year deal - I think that says enough about his worth. Besides - why the hell woudl anyone want to PAY Shelton the huge jack he got when he clearly isn't worth it - which is what they'd be agreeing to if they traded for him. Remember - you're not just trading for the player - you're trading for their overblown contract as well.

As far as Ray - you've got a guy in the substance abuse program who sucked ass on the football field - not to mention his contract sucked as well.

Someone is in a bad mood today!!! LOL

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
az1965 said:
I don't remember if Shelton was ever a cancer. Am I missing something?
He wasn't. That's a fairy tale that folks around here like to tell.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
Remember - you're not just trading for the player - you're trading for their overblown contract as well.

Bingo.

Sheltons salary if traded for 3 mill. Few teams had that jack at the time and the ones that did most already had the Tackles they wanted.

Henry only costs 1.25 mill.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Pariah said:
He wasn't. That's a fairy tale that folks around here like to tell.
I wouldn't say LJ is a cancer, he was just an underachiever who likes to come to camp out of shape.

Thompson was a McGinnis mirage.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
I wouldn't say LJ is a cancer, he was just an underachiever who likes to come to camp out of shape.

Thompson was a McGinnis mirage.

I agree with both statements. I believe 100% in Denny Green's approach. If he deems a player untrue and cancels him, I also deem him untrue and flex in his general direction. Cancers, all of them. Burn the bastards at the stake. THE STREETS SHALL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF THE NON-BELIEVERS!!!!

:newcards:

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
How much you wanna' bet the Dorks over at the Jills board are talking about what a genius Donohoe is for waiting to get a 3rd rnd. pick for Henry

OP
OP
O

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
vince56 said:
I agree with both statements. I believe 100% in Denny Green's approach. If he deems a player untrue and cancels him, I also deem him untrue and flex in his general direction. Cancers, all of them. Burn the bastards at the stake. THE STREETS SHALL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF THE NON-BELIEVERS!!!!

:newcards:

Amen brother.....

Shuesters2

Wind Breaker
Reaction score
LoyaltyisaCurse said:
How much you wanna' bet the Dorks over at the Jills board are talking about what a genius Donohoe is for waiting to get a 3rd rnd. pick for Henry

If he gets a 3rd that would be a pretty good deal for the Bills. Look what we got for Clement, LJ, Raynoch, Kendall and Thomas Jones. (The low third for Starks was alright.)

Shuesters

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LoyaltyisaCurse said:

They still don't have a LT to protect their first year starter QB.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Assface said:
They still don't have a LT to protect their first year starter QB.

and they wouldn't have if they traded for Shelton - what's your point?

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Shelton would be a HELL of alot better than a converted C, TE or whatever they are thinking about doing.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LoyaltyisaCurse said:

Probably, and that 3rd rounder will be so helpful this year when Losman is running for his life because they have no LT.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Redsz said:
Shelton would be a HELL of alot better than a converted C, TE or whatever they are thinking about doing.

Teague was originally a LT who was able to start for a while on Denver's O-line. Shelton has been a below average highly paid LT for one of the worst and underachieving lines in NFL history - I'd say it's a wash and even more so in Buffalo's favor when you consider they're not going to have pay 3 million for a piece of crap to be their LT (I'm sure Teague makes less).

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
Probably, and that 3rd rounder will be so helpful this year when Losman is running for his life because they have no LT.

He would have been running for his life with Shelton as well - just like every other Cardinal QB over the last six years.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
Teague was originally a LT who was able to start for a while on Denver's O-line. Shelton has been a below average highly paid LT for one of the worst and underachieving lines in NFL history - I'd say it's a wash and even more so in Buffalo's favor when you consider they're not going to have pay 3 million for a piece of crap to be their LT (I'm sure Teague makes less).

Teague was actually moved from LT by Denver because he couldn't play it, and then was allowed to leave as a FA I think. Not saying Shelton is a great LT but at least he's played the position for years.

Here's the comment from a writer for Billsreport.com on rumors several months ago that Teague would wind up at LT.

"There have also been rumors of Trey Teague being moved over to Jennings’ old spot at LT. Why anyone takes this seriously is also beyond reason. Teague, originally signed to play LT, and signed in his prime, could not play the position. So why now, out of his prime and on the downside of his career there is talk of him all of a sudden sliding over to LT and playing the position to a level that can be considered average or better is once again, beyond reason and common sense."

So you can see not even SOME Bills fans think Teague can play LT. I asked that question to someone on the Broncos board and they said in a nutshell, there's a reason Teague was not kept by Denver in his prime, he just wasn't good enough.

I wouldn't be stunned if they wind up moving Mike Williams to LT in camp.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
He would have been running for his life with Shelton as well - just like every other Cardinal QB over the last six years.

See my other post, it's all relative, Teague has been demoted from LT TWICE in his career, both several years ago when he should have been in his prime.

LJ is no all pro, but he's better now than Teague ever was at LT.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JPlay said:
Leaving one backup job for another.

True but brown is hurt so much, Henry will probably get to play quite a bit.

And it's a homecoming of sorts for him since he played in college there.

They said they had to come to terms on a contract extension before the deal is final which will be interesting, to see how much Henry ends up getting so we'll see how they figure him in their plans. Ie if it's big money, he's their future starter, smaller money with incentives, he's an insurance plan.

What I read about the Jax talks was Henry essentially priced himself out of a job. They don't know for sure if they're going to have Taylor healthy this year or not, the backups are LaBrandon Toefield, and Greg Jones, so a healthy Henry would have likely started there unless Taylor is fully recovered in time. But Henry apparently wanted a long term deal worth starter money and Jax didn't want to do that because they expect taylor back eventually, and they like both Toefield and Jones for potential. They were willing to take Henry on a let's see how it works out basis, but he wanted more commitment.

Everything I read said Jax really wanted the kid, they just weren't sure for how long.

If Henry gets a long term deal with the Titans, I guess it worked for him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan