Here's a thought - How about giving the 49ers credit?

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
We are getting lambasted nationally and I guess i just really don't agree...

I don't really think people are giving San Francisco enough credit.

First off the they had a week to prepare. That always helps even the worst teams.

They have a fiery coach who got his players to buy in and to anyone who watched that game - every last player played with that fire from ST's down (And I think with Highsmith playing that Rossum TD wouldn't have happened IMO). I have never seen that team hit like that.

Shaun Hill played the best first half of any QB against us all season. Even better then Brett Farve who we handed TD's too. I was impressed, and as bad as he was in the second half when he tried to do too much, I will never undertsand why they went away from that guy in the first place. He was 2 -0 as a starter for a HORRIBLE team and for good reason. I liked him.

They started running the ball like their personnel dictates. They have an All Pro back.

Sure we made our mistakes but in that firs thalf they were making plays I had not seen from them. Some of Hill's throws were All Pro stuff. And the NFL is all about matchups and for whatever reason - they are a bad match up for us. As much as the Rams are a good matchup for us.

And we still won. We got TO's when we had too and the offense still looked great. All these national people want to be like "I have never heard of these guys tearin up the Cardinals" but thats because you don't follow football as closely as they probably should.

Bash us all you want but I think people who know football and specifically the NFC West (like Mike Sando) see that game as us taking their best shot and still winning.

The penalties HAVE to stop. But other then that I am as confident in the team as ever.

6-3 Baby. And I still like our chances against the Giants....

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just can't give a team which has lost 5 games in a row and just lost to the freaking Seahawks any credit.

we played like crap against a horrendous team and won. That's what good teams do. we did it. end of story.

OP
OP
Arizona's Finest

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
I just can't give a team which has lost 5 games in a row and just lost to the freaking Seahawks any credit.

we played like crap against a horrendous team and won. That's what good teams do. we did it. end of story.

Is it safe to say the team that lost to Seattle two weeks ago and the one that took the field yesterday night were COMPLETELY different teams. From the coach getting through, to the QB, to the game plan???

Things change from week to week in the NFL....that wasn't the Week 1 Niners we played. I expect them to compete the rest of the season and I am glad we are done with them.

I guess that's just my perspective though.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Credit where credit is due.

You must be registered for see images

No, it wasn't this game.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I was at the game with some devoted Niners fans and they said they were giving us a bunch of new looks offensively. Our defense looked confused several times in the first half.

The Niners are just a bad matchup for us, in case everyone forgot we didn't exactly look all that great in Week 1 despite having five turnovers handed to us.

Last edited:

young tone

5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!
Reaction score
Its officially a rivalry and a damn good one too. If the Niners can get 5 wins this year than I expect the Niners and Cards to play on Monday Night (or Sunday Night) next year again. All our games usually go down to the wire and it is fun to watch regardless of records

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
Its officially a rivalry and a damn good one too. If the Niners can get 5 wins this year than I expect the Niners and Cards to play on Monday Night (or Sunday Night) next year again. All our games usually go down to the wire and it is fun to watch regardless of records

Here's to hoping you don't. :D Only because I don't think my heart can stand another Monday Night game.

young tone

5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!
Reaction score
Here's to hoping you don't. :D Only because I don't think my heart can stand another Monday Night game.

Well regardless if its on Monday Night or not, our games are great to watch. Might as well be on primetime

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it safe to say the team that lost to Seattle two weeks ago and the one that took the field yesterday night were COMPLETELY different teams. From the coach getting through, to the QB, to the game plan???

Things change from week to week in the NFL....that wasn't the Week 1 Niners we played. I expect them to compete the rest of the season and I am glad we are done with them.

I guess that's just my perspective though.

i suspect we'll see the Niners be terrible from here on in.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i suspect we'll see the Niners be terrible from here on in.

Doesn't matter. They played very, very hard last night. When NFL players lay it all out like that they very rarely get embarassed. I don't care if they wind up 2-14. They displayed a lot of desire last night and made some plays to boot.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
Well regardless if its on Monday Night or not, our games are great to watch. Might as well be on primetime

I totally agree. The games are tough and should always be circled on the calendar. These teams match up well and I'm always scared. Kudos to you for showing up and representing your side. :thumbup:

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I give them credit for playing hard, however, eliminate 2 or 3 mistakes on our part and the score ends up around 43 to 17.

How about giving us credit? We met adversity head on and FOUND a way to win. That is the sign of a good team.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
It took me a day to regurgitate last nights accomplishments. I was in a state of shock for nearly the entire game and shortly there after.

Then you look at the numbers. We won the turnover battle, we outgained them in yards, and more importantly, we outscored them. 6-3 is the morale to this story.

But yes, give the niners credit. I didnt think we were going to blow them away. I believed they would come out and play like there was nothing to lose, and I was right. They didnt play like a 2-7 team.

Gambit

First-Class Second-Rate Poster
Reaction score
Division games are almost always close, no matter the disparity of the teams' talent

Redrage

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We are getting lambasted nationally and I guess i just really don't agree...

I don't really think people are giving San Francisco enough credit.

First off the they had a week to prepare. That always helps even the worst teams.

They have a fiery coach who got his players to buy in and to anyone who watched that game - every last player played with that fire from ST's down (And I think with Highsmith playing that wouldn't have happened IMO). I have never seen that team hit like that.

Shaun Hill played the best first half of any QB against us all season. Even better then Brett Farve who we handed TD's too. I was impressed and as bad as he was in the second half when he tried to do too much, I will never undertsand why they went away from that guy in the first place. He was 2 -0 as a starter for a HORRIBLE team and for good reason. I liked him.

They started running the ball like their personnel dictates. They have an All Pro back.

Sure we made our mitakes but in that firsthalf they were making plays I had not seen from them. Some of Hill's throws were All Pro stuff. And the NFL is all about matchups and for whatever reason - they are a bad match up for us. As much as the Rams are a good matchup for us.

And we still won. We got TO's when we had too and the offense still looked great. All these national people what to be like "I have never heard of these guys" but thats because you don't follow football as closely as they probably should.

Bash us all you want but I think people who know football and specifically the NFC West (like Mike Sando) see that game as us taking their best shot and still winning.

The penalties HAVE to stop. But other then that I am as confident in the team as ever.

6-3 Baby. And I still like our chances against the Giants....

Pretty solid take.

They came into town with high morale and two weeks to game plan for the Cards. That and they match up well against the Cards on both sides of the ball. Look at it as a bit of asymetrical warfare. The rest of the division has kinda gone the finesse route and the 49ers are more of a smash mouth team.

Too many times the Cards have shot themselves in the foot through the years - we're due. For once the balls bouncing towards the Cards.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Not having J T(urnover) O'Sullivan makes the Niners a better team. Defensively they are very solid and yes, this has become a BIG rivalry over the last 2-3 years. Both teams know they will get each others best. Thank goodness we pulled it out.

NYCARDS

Registered
Reaction score
Maybe some credit but the we shot ourselves in the foot too many times with bad penalites and some bad defense to let the Niners even get to the 2 yard line. How do you let guys run those patterns and get out of bounds like that? We didnt do enough in THIS GAME to show we are an elite team yet. A good showing on Thanksgiving and against the Giants and Pats and we can change that perception.

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
They played like a desperate team that had nothing to lose. I guess they can take credit for that if they want it. Myself as a Cardinals fan, I wouldn't want an ounce of credit for a loss. We got vaults full of game tape where we played with one heartbeat, like legitimate tough guys, where we attacked on offense on defense and on special teams or for one reason or another lost those games by the thinnest of margins. Someone can take a lighter and a can of gasoline to those tapes and I sure won't miss them.

On the other hand I'm not willing to spend 3 seconds listening to any screaming zero talking head lambast us for finding a way to win. What ridiculous garbage. This team certainly needs to improve in a lot of areas and hopefully they will, but today is just a day for savoring a hard fought victory. If the Niners are a state where they need to savor a loss, then that's their business.

Last edited:

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
THe 49ers were a DIFFERENT team....

No question!! As for the media?? WHO CARES!! IF we beat the Giants they'll just say the the G-Men had an off game, etc. etc. It's ALL B.S. They write what they think people want to read. ...And knocking the Cards has been a National Past-Time for many years. I mean the media wants the Cubbies to STAY the loveable losers. I am NOT a Cubs' fan (Cards' fan) BUT the media TOTALLY BLASTED da' Cubbies for choking again. No one cares about the regular season. It's all about the Play-offs! WE get in! WE kick some #$$%#$%!! ...And then the media will have NO CHOICE but to write about us. Till then, they know what they can do with the football! ...And it ain't pretty! I do send positive "notes" to the writers that talk nice about us. ...As for the not-so-nice writers, well...

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well written, Finest.

Yes. We do seem to be settling on who our best NFCW rival will be, aren't we.

RonF

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Reaction score
I really didn't think we Card fans were trashing the 49ers. I thought they played us pretty tough, but still glad we won in spite of our sloppy play at times. It's a tough loss for them and a win for us. Now, for the Sea Hawks and I'm sure they're gunning for us, just like the 49ers.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Then you look at the numbers. We won the turnover battle, we outgained them in yards, and more importantly, we outscored them. 6-3 is the morale to this story.

Noone mentions that we outscored them 16-3 in the second half despite 2 TD's being wiped off the board with penalties and another red-zone drive killed by a phantom PI call on Boldin. We did what we had to do despite an absurd amount of penalties in the final 20 minutes of the game. Oddly, I think we had only 1 penaly in the first half and were outscored 21-13. Perhaps that penalty distribution indicates how much more agressive the Cards played in the second half.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05