Hey Jim O., on McKinnon

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I was thinking to myself about this team I have followed for what seems forever and one player I was always happy to see on the field was Ronny Mac. Coaches came and went but he was always a constant. Seemed, no one in the press ever gave him credit on doing his job well for so long as he deserved but I noticed that even the computer games always gave him a high rating. Well, I don't need John Madden Football to know what it meant to me to say McKinnon was a Cardinal and if he doesn't come back next year I would like to know if there is a way I could send him a card or something saying thank you. I know it sounds corny, but I would like to express my thanks to this guy more than just saying on the internet thank you. He left it all out on the field wearing Cardinal red. :thumbup:

Rocco

All Star
Reaction score
Count me in too. A real pro out there for us year in and year out.

DieHardCardFan

Dallas 2011
Reaction score
I am pretty sure that if you send letters to the Card Facility addressed to the player that they get them.

CDogg

Reaction score
Not only was he a good player he was a great person. When I went to training camp I was wearing his jersey and he walked right up to me and said nice jersey. He had just got done practicing for two hours and he still took the time to stand and talk to me and my dad for about ten minutes still wearing his pads and everything he was the nicest guy. My dad was in the same guard unit with his brother so he was talking about him and some football one of the most enjoyable experiences I've had meeting a pro athlete!!!!:thumbup:

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
The guy is a class act. I remember talking to him numerous times and he's a average joe not a prima donna type guy. Ronnie Mac you'll be missed!!! :thumbup:

100%CardsFan

100% embarrassed
Reaction score
I was at the Pointe having breakfast last year with this girl I was dating and he was sitting right next to us. He talked to us for about a half hour and then bought our meal. I thanked him numerous times and then told him to keep breaking Dallas Cowboys RB jaws...He busted up laughing. Him and Dexter J and Nate Poole are the most classy NFL players that I have ever, ever met.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Ronnie is real class. I would gladly get in on this if possible.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Another guy like McKinnon is Mike Peterson in Jacksonville. Just does his job without grabbing the limelight or getting in trouble.

Most fans have no idea who he is but in his 6 seasons in the NFL Peterson has very similar #'s to McKinnon.

692 tackles, 10.5 sacks, 10 interceptions, and 4 Forced Fumbles.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Why I need an address I can be sure of

I'm doing a painting of Ronald McKinnon so I need an address where I'll be sure he can get it. This guy needs to know that Cardinal fans are the best in the league and all those years he put in the trenches didn't get unnoticed. I thought it was great when Eric Hill retired a Cardinal.

100%CardsFan

100% embarrassed
Reaction score
Jetstream Green said:
I'm doing a painting of Ronald McKinnon so I need an address where I'll be sure he can get it. This guy needs to know that Cardinal fans are the best in the league and all those years he put in the trenches didn't get unnoticed. I thought it was great when Eric Hill retired a Cardinal.

:thumbup: Check your PM

DieHardCardFan

Dallas 2011
Reaction score
Jetstream Green said:
This guy needs to know that Cardinal fans are the best in the league and all those years he put in the trenches didn't get unnoticed. I thought it was great when Eric Hill retired a Cardinal.

I would love it if McKinnon would retire a Cardinal! He has been one of my favorite players since he has been here. And like many have said, everytime I have met the guy he was just cool as they come. Never ever acted like a celebrity or any of that BS. I for one will hate to see him go!

DieHardCardFan

Dallas 2011
Reaction score
100%CardsFan said:
:thumbup: Check your PM

Al- if you have some inside info I would like it as well. We are going to send him a pic of him and Finningan from fan fest this year with a card thanking him for all that he did here in AZ!

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
McKinnon is a great pro and will go down in history as a great Cardinal, but his days here are done. The business side has caught up with Ronald, and with Gerald, Dansby, Darling, Joe, maybe Thompson, Woods, and probably a draft pick as our LB squad, Ronald will be going to another team next year. It's the nature of the NFL.
We have a younger guy who makes less and has a lot of potential to take his place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05