Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hide and Seek

Release Date: January 28, 2005
Studio: 20th Century Fox
Director: John Polson
Screenwriter: Ari Schlossberg
Genre: Drama, Horror, Thriller

Starring: Robert De Niro, Dakota Fanning, Famke Janssen, Elisabeth Shue, Dylan Baker, Robert John Burke, Alicia Harding, Amy Irving, Melissa Leo, James McCaffrey

Plot Summary: A widowed father desperately tries to break through to his nine year old daughter when she creates a creepy, maniacal imaginary friend with a terrifying vendetta. Imaginary friends can seem so real...

Attachments

• hideandseek.jpg
    hideandseek.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 122
OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fox Ships Hide and Seek Without Final Reel
Source: 20th Century Fox
January 25, 2005

For the first time in its illustrious 70-year history, 20th Century Fox will be shipping prints of a motion picture to theaters across the nation without the picture's final reel. The unprecedented move is part of a major effort to protect the pay-off of the studio's terrifying suspense-thriller Hide and Seek, starring Robert De Niro and Dakota Fanning.

Fox has taken extraordinary measures to safeguard the critical final reel, which is shipping separately. In addition to shipping the reel separately, security guards will hand-deliver the reel to all playdate theaters across the U.S. As a final security measure, Fox has numbered all final reels.

Hide and Seek opens nationwide this Friday, January 28.

Commented Fox executive VP and general sales manager Richard Myerson: "'Hide and Seek' is a terrific picture with an ending that everyone will be talking about. To ensure everyone's enjoyment of the film and to prevent 'spoilers', we've instituted extraordinary measures. We think it's worth the effort."

-----------------------------------------------

Very cool.

BTW: Anyone else get a laugh thinking about the line (from the previews) "Come out, come out, wherever you are!" ... :shrug: DeNiro yelled that to Nolte in Cape Fear. :thumbup:

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw this today.

I was left kinda feeling like "eh...."

Good psychological thriller.. wasn't expecting it to be like it was though.

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
Kind of a cop out ending. Same thing as Secret Window. It's an old tired Twilight Zone ending. Kind of disappointed.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Everyone tries to "out psych" each other. Why can't filmakers just make a decent movie without effing it up. This movie sucked terribly. Love DeNiro, but he's gotta come better with his choices. :confused:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I avoided this movie. When I saw the preview, it looked like just a new version of a movie I saw starring Michelle Pfeiffer (sp?). Deniro in a bathtub, no way. :)

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I just watched it. I thought it really sucked. For some reason, it was really obvious to me what was going on. I guess it’s just been done too many times now, so it’s not too surprising anymore.

PHX 4 LIFE

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
i saw this movie when it came out but it was kind of scary but not really :cheers: