How about trade down and take Phillip Rivers?

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wonder if you guys would like it if the Cardinals traded their first-round pick for maybe two first rounders and take Rivers from NC State with one of them?

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Zona90
I wonder if you guys would like it if the Cardinals traded their first-round pick for maybe two first rounders and take Rivers from NC State with one of them?

You mean trade our 3rd pick for a second pick? No offense bro but that's like robbing a blind lady of their money. :D

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Krang hasn't reported back yet today with the contents of Phillip Rivers' garbage can and mailbox. Please check back later

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Hell NO~!!!!! No trading down this year. Period..........!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Originally posted by DevonCardsFan
Hell NO~!!!!! No trading down this year. Period..........!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

The draft may be very disappointing for you Devon. I think a trade is very likely.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by AzCards21
The draft may be very disappointing for you Devon. I think a trade is very likely.

Oddly enough, I fully expected it last year but this year I think they will stand pat at #3. Even though I would like to see them trade out if their top guy isn't available and they can get good value.

I don't like the trade with the Pats because both their first rounders are down way too far for my tastes. But I would like to snag Rivers if they did pull that.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Originally posted by AZCB34
Oddly enough, I fully expected it last year but this year I think they will stand pat at #3. Even though I would like to see them trade out if their top guy isn't available and they can get good value.

I don't like the trade with the Pats because both their first rounders are down way too far for my tastes. But I would like to snag Rivers if they did pull that.

That's what makes draft day so fun Cubbie. I didn't expect a trade last year. Now I do.

I think the Pats are way too far down and we would need even more picks from them to go for it. I am intrigued by a Cleveland trade though. That may just work out.

Loyal Card 17

Veteran
Reaction score
i believe after the combine the cardinals won't have to trade out the #3 position to get phillip rivers. that if the cardinals want him.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
No matter what Krang says Rivers will be there at #33 if we want him. He just does not have the mechanics or technique needed in the NFL. They can be developed but how long can this team wait?

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Originally posted by azcardsfan1616
No matter what Krang says Rivers will be there at #33 if we want him.

He won't be IMO. Although there are still some questions about his mechanics, he'll still be taken in the first round.

The latest I see him going is the Packers first round pick. They need to find a replacement for Favre eventually.

He just does not have the mechanics or technique needed in the NFL. They can be developed but how long can this team wait?

Well that depends on the team and the priority of the need for a QB. Hence why I mentioned playoff teams that are picking late in the first, they can wait for him to change his mechanics if they deem it necessary.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ryanwb
Krang hasn't reported back yet today with the contents of Phillip Rivers' garbage can and mailbox. Please check back later

Surprisingly enough, there were only a few twinkie wrappers, rotten tuna fish, a few old Swank's, a hairball, and bikini wax.

Hmmm....Maybe Miami drafts him?

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
if McCown is the man then there is no way a QB is drafted until like the 6th round if then