How did you find out about ASFN message board?

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
azdad1978 said:
There was another board prior to this board where a lot of cardinals diehards huddle up but Skkorp made his own board and a lot followed them here since it was made NEM free.

Ditto

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was posting on the AZCentral board and Section 11 told me about this board. Its one of the best!!! :thumbup:

Cardinal Bob

Glutton for Punishment
Reaction score
LoyaltyisaCurse said:
I used to work with Cardinal Bob's sister and knowing that I was a huge Cardinals fan she told me that her brother was a member of this board and that I should check it out.

So, I did...

BTW, CB has not posted in a while, I wonder where he is...:D

I'm still alive and well. Just a little busy with a job search and all. Also my wife and I just got back fom a 5-day trip following Roger Clyne & the Peacemakers around the Northeast (from Arlington, VA to CT to Western MA to Boston to Asbury Park, NJ to Philly). It was huge amounts of fun for all!

I found out about this board from Section 11, who was pimping it one day over on the azcardinals.com board. He said this place was far better and lo-and-behold he was right! :D

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
i post on the offical site board also. i post over there for laughs. i come over here to talk football. somebody a couple of years ago turn me on this site. go figure.

seesred

Reaction score
I too took the AOL route an AZ sports. Then someone mentioned this board and I've been here ever since. Sometime ago there was work done on the board and I lost the number of posts I had. I think I came over when Jeff G did. I don't post anywhere else and check in multiple times a day to get my Cardinals news fix. Thanks to all who help run this board as an older guy I say it's COOL man !

GBR

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
I started posting with most of this group on the Rivals board which I found out about from my first board (Cardfanatic's RIP). That then morphed into azprosports and then this board. IIRC, I think it was at the end of the 98 season.
This is the similar path I took to this board...My first board was Joel Goldbergs Card board which I think started in 96 and is still going...I would check out the BRS and posted mainly on rivals then Bob & Mikes board then this board. What a waste of time all of it is..... :biglaugh: but we can't live with out our Cards fix. Go Cards!!!!

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I started out on the CNN/SI board - re: 97/98 - Chris Sanders posted there as well, along with Cardinal_Chris and a few others. From there to rivals to azprosports to here!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too many to remember, I used to post on usenet pre WWW on the main football group and there were 2 Cards groups, one was phoenix and one was Arizona, Phoenix had far more traffic. I know Zeno was there, I think a few others here were too. I was on Rivals, Azprosports, Cardfanatics (at least 2 different boards he ran) and then followed over here when Skorp started. I posted on the republic board quite a bit until maybe 2001 when it just got out of hand over there.

I think Skorp has the best balance of letting things develop freely, but with enough moderation to prevent all hell from breaking loose. This and Dan Blanton's fly fishing site are the only long running boards I have seen that have survived floods of trollers, spams, and other nonsense that ruins most boards.

Congrats to Skorp and all the mods who keep this place running so smoothly.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
maddogkf said:
1st I found Rivals Cardsinsider.com when Phoenix Mike & Alan ere there. After a few months, that closed down & then Bob Chebat & the others founded azprosports.

I still have my CardinalsInsider.com T-shirt!! Thanks Chandler Mike! :thumbup:

But I do remember the old AOL board also - Skkorp, Jeff Gollin, and a few others.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went from rivals to AzProSports. The first day that ASFN opened up I joined and never looked back. I became a Moderator a few months later.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
BEERZ said:
Azcardinals board was my first. I was Pittman_Fan.

Someone posted a link to Azprosports and it was alot better. Then Skkorp lead us all to the best board of them all!

This board truely does kick ass!

This is how I ended up here as well. I used to post on the azcardinals.com board as aholecentral, moved to azprosports and changed my name, and then here after Skkorp approached me about writing an article about the stadium rally I helped organize.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Holy crap, I just realized I've been around a lot of these posters for about 5 years now.... I haven't even owned a pet that lived that long :eek:

Billy Flynt

Pirate, 300 yrs too late
Reaction score
Googled to find AzProSports then transferred over to here. This is the only board I post on regularly, or irregularly for that matter.

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
I was in the cardinals.com message board and came here when that was down for a while. That board has gone to crap ever since the season ended, there is nothing but useless threads about nothing, plus you can't have avatars, do quotes or put up links.

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
TheCardFan said:
Cards Corner on Aol...

then to AzProSports...

then here when Skkorp started up.

This was exactly my route as well. Zeno found me on the regular AOL cardinals board and invited me to CC and the journey began. It was such a blessing finding other cardinals fans (especially when I lived out of state).

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
JeffGollin said:
I do miss some of the old Cards Corner crowd (both the good and the bad; mostly good) - Dave Baker, NazDrew, Reino, NetSport, the Prices and others.

Do you still have the AOL addresses for those guys? They would be great additions to this board...if they're not already here.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I know R.Price posts here as Second Deck or something like that.

I met him at the Stadium Rally.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
Holy crap, I just realized I've been around a lot of these posters for about 5 years now.... I haven't even owned a pet that lived that long :eek:

Maybe you should try feeding them.

I used to post on the Cardinals official board. At one point someone asked where all the good posters had gone and someone else (I think it might have been maddog) said, "they're posting on the real board" and provided a link for ASFN. I've been hooked since then.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan