How many players are we away?

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
i would have to say a center and a guard away from having a complete team.

defensively wise the cardinals played better. they still need to work on their tackleing.

i would like to see moe of lenard pope on the field. when the seahawks were blitzing you didn't the 6'8 te anywhere. the te needs to be use more offten. especially if the defenese is blitzing.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
I think we are about 7 players away from being a consistant playoff team:

3 Offensive Linemen
1 Defensive Tackle
1 Linebacker
1 Free Safety
1 Cornerback

With the exception of a stud RB, those are the exact same position needs they had this time last year.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
abomb said:
I think we are only 2-3 players away from being a very good football team although, we may be that many coaches away as well. If you look at our roster, we have something that I have never seen on this team, NFL caliber players at every position. I think we are missing that true anchor on the OL; the guy that forms the unit. Add another mid-level to big star on Defense and we will compete consistently with any NFL team.

us and about 7 other teams....

Derm

slippery when wet
Reaction score
It looks like Seattle is a TE away:

Seahawks | E. Perry works out with team
Wed, 20 Sep 2006 22:34:15 -0700

Mike Sando, of the Tacoma News Tribune, reports free agent TE Ed Perry (Chiefs) had a workout with the Seattle Seahawks.

Seahawks | Spach works out with team
Wed, 20 Sep 2006 22:33:46 -0700

Mike Sando, of the Tacoma News Tribune, reports free agent TE Stephen Spach (Eagles) had a workout with the Seattle Seahawks.

Seahawks | B. Williams works out with team
Wed, 20 Sep 2006 22:33:27 -0700

Mike Sando, of the Tacoma News Tribune, reports free agent TE Boo Williams (Giants) had a workout with the Seattle Seahawks.

Seahawks | Rivers works out with team
Wed, 20 Sep 2006 22:32:55 -0700

Mike Sando, of the Tacoma News Tribune, reports free agent TE Marcellus Rivers (Raiders) had a workout with the Seattle Seahawks.

Seahawks | T. Johnson works out with team
Wed, 20 Sep 2006 22:32:13 -0700

Mike Sando, of the Tacoma News Tribune, reports free agent TE Teyo Johnson (Dolphins) had a workout with the Seattle Seahawks.

Seahawks | E. Edwards works out with team
Wed, 20 Sep 2006 22:30:29 -0700

Mike Sando, of the Tacoma News Tribune, reports free agent TE Eric Edwards (Cardinals) had a workout with the Seattle Seahawks.

Seahawks | Dreessen works out with team
Wed, 20 Sep 2006 22:30:06 -0700

Mike Sando, of the Tacoma News Tribune, reports free agent TE Joel Dreessen (Jets) had a workout with the Seattle Seahawks.

Seahawks | C. Powell works out with team
Wed, 20 Sep 2006 22:29:50 -0700

Mike Sando, of the Tacoma News Tribune, reports free agent TE Calen Powell (Redskins) had a workout with the Seattle Seahawks.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I don't believe that teams are as stacked as they used to be, so I think that we are closer than we imagine.

1-LT-if we could get a legit LT than LD moves to LG and the left side is set.

2-C-Bentley would have been great but he went where he wanted to go. I would asy that a veteran would work well here so that we wouldn't have issues with the line calls.

3-LDE-Replace Okeafer as he kills us in the run game. We could move Dockett over in run downs and inside in passing downs, but in the furture we need someone stout on that left side.

4-FS-Rolle, Green are fine at CB for now, but with Wilson being the type of safety that he is, a top notch FS is a must.

Where we go in the furture really depends on how we wnt to get there. We can load up on offensive linemen and defensive personnel and run with skill players that we have or we can keep adding weapons and leave our defense to do what it can.