How much leeway does Gannon have depending on our record?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Been a bit all, hope all is well, sorry to come in with a negative sounding thread after being away a bit. But, while we've put up pretty competitive and spirited performances in the past three weeks, I have to admit to being worried about Washington given our injury situation. Then it's on to SF who is also reeling, but very talented. Then Green Bay with Jordan Love presumably back in the fold.

At what record or point do you think Gannon ends up on the hot seat, or is he safe no matter what happens?

I'd lean towards thinking he should be safe regardless of record, given that we haven't provided him with enough to turn things around yet, but wondering what you all think might be the line. Obviously if we're 2-2 going into SF this isn't even really that big of a consideration.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
He's in no danger this season, absolutely. If this team wins six games or fewer -- just a two-game improvement over last season -- Gannon will go into 2025 on a warm seat.

Especially if the Cards have to go to a silent count at home against New England, Seattle, and San Francisco to end the season. If the stadium is empty or full of opposing fans, it's going to be an embarrassment to Michael. Keep an eye on how populated those casitas and sideline seats are. Monti is installing and refining the entire business operation (or Michael has handed control to people outside the core group for the first time in recent memory); if it doesn't produce measurable results, it's going to be a problem.

Michael can fail and struggle on his own and not pay a bunch of other people.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
At most there may be a couple of assistants replaced after the season. With virtually every coach except special teams having never coached at the same position this is a learning on the job staff.

Gambler

Veteran
Reaction score
The players are play hard and buying into the system. We has done well with what he has. Questioning this after 3 games looks ridiculous.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He is in zero danger. Ossenfort's stupid drafting/fa signings are doing him no favors

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's not enough for the team to generally be competitive this season. That's what we were last season. This season we need to actually win games. I'd say at least 7 wins is needed to show sufficient progress or else his seat should be at least a little warm going into next season.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not enough for the team to generally be competitive this season. That's what we were last season. This season we need to actually win games. I'd say at least 7 wins is needed to show sufficient progress or else his seat should be at least a little warm going into next season.

Remove Kyler Murray from the team. Is this a 7 win team with say Geno Smith. I don't think it is.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He took a blocking TE in round 3.
I think there’s been a lot of questionable decisions. That said, at least it looks like he didn’t blow back to top 6 picks. At the very worst, Paris and Harrison are going to be good, to possibly GREAT players at key positions. It’s not much, but it’s more than Keim could say about his first rounders most of the time.