Howard is the differnce

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
I think this guy is a great player in the making.
Dirk is fine but he doesn't scare me at all, his scoring is ESPN friendly and all but I feel has a low impact on the game and can be nuetralized fairly easily with scoring on our end.
Howard on the other hand is the best player on the floor the Suns have no answer for him. Hopefully he will break his ankle or something and the Suns will have a chance.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Howard has played well, but so has Boris Diaw. Howard is defintely a hustle player and slasher that goes after his own misses like Marion does. I liked the adjustment tonight of having TT guard Dirk while Marion guarded Howard (It worked pretty well for a while too). The Suns need Raja back and to get 6 guys in double figures plus about 10 points combined from House & Jones.

Nowitkness

Reaction score
Notice how when Marion was switched to Howard, Marion's productivity dropped and Howard still got his. Howard is straight up better than Marion.

DaMav

Unabashed Mavericks Fan
Reaction score
Nowitkness said:
Notice how when Marion was switched to Howard, Marion's productivity dropped and Howard still got his. Howard is straight up better than Marion.

I don't know about being straight up better. I love Marion's game, but he did struggle last night and I think a lot of it had to do with chasing Howard all over the floor on the defensive end. Dirk stands in the same spot pretty much on offense, Josh's game is all about movement on offense, so I think it wore Marion down some.

Will be interesting to see if D'Antoni keeps the same matchup for game 4.

island_dude

Reaction score
Sayingthat Dirk's game has a low impact is a ridiculous statement. Howard is a great player, but Dirk is handsdown the MVP of the playoffs so far. Take him off the Mavs roster and see what a difference it makes!

Fearless1J418

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I cant see why Dtoni did that. Marion gives Dirk more problems than just about anyone in the league. I felt that Dirk gave yall fits after switches, but when straight up with Marion, his quickness is a problem for Dirk.

I dont see how Thomas gives yall a better matchup, but I hope yall stay with it. I hate how uncomfortable Dirk looks with Marion on him.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Dallas - Phoenix Game 3 Grades and Review

Dallas got all A's and B's, while Phoenix got all C's and D's, and yet it was only a seven-point win?

No bias there.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05