Howdy Cardinal Fans

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
There's no

discussion here. Cards win this one by a landslide.
The middle D will shore up against the run forcing "what's his name" to go outside, only our LB's are too quick and shut him down.
Our DE's hassle, Beck? All day!
McCown lights it up for three TD's and our running game finally comes alive and scores one also.
Welcome to the board and take your pity elsewhere.
I DO remember last year at SDS.

Hawkfandyno

Rookie
Reaction score
jstadvl said:
The middle D will shore up against the run forcing "what's his name" to go outside, only our LB's are too quick and shut him down.
McCown lights it up for three TD's and our running game finally comes alive and scores one also.

big difference between empathy and pity. Just cuz we know how you feel, doesnt mean we dont still enjoy it:D

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Hawkfandyno said:
so, having been the "fashionable" pic last year, we know how you guys are feeling, but at what point did you become aware that they were wrong?
I'm a koolaid drinker and I was all caught up in the hype, but truthfully I didn't feel real good about our OL. I knew that we would have a little trouble on defense (before Hayes, Rolle, Green and Davis were injured), but I figured if we put up the points our D was good enough. Well, my bad feeling became a "our OLine sucks" and we did get our injuries.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
jstadvl said:

that's what I'm talking about .... btw, i still remember two years ago (not to mention a couple weeks ago) .... so there!

OP
OP
B

bluengreen

Reaction score
Dang, you guys are an expensive bunch. How's about next time you're up here I'll buy a round of beer?

OP
OP
B

bluengreen

Reaction score
I would venture that you aren't as excited about acquiring Huff and Okeafor now as you were in the preseason. I saw one thread mention Huff as being invisible, which is a perfect description for what he was like here.

Okeafor can bring something on occasion, but he disappears a lot too.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
i was kinda sad to see chike go ... but for the $$ i couldn't justify keeping him .. i'm actually suprised the FO upped the offer from the cards, but am now glad they lost out as bryce has been just as productive for half the cash

i'm actually kind of suprised that chike hasn't made more of an impact with berry on the other side .... looks like some were looking for him to be a good run defender, which wasn't going to happen

as for huff, i had high hopes for him early in his career ... then it became apparent that he was nothing but a backup at the seahawks worst position on a bad defense ... not sad to see him go at all

didn't the cards also pick up cochran a week or two ago?!

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Huff signing I couldn't have cared less about...I never really expected him to start. :)bang:)

Chike I didn't think was great but thought would produce more being across from Berry. Part of it is Dockett not following up on his performance from last year and NO interiour defensive presence. When we face teams with a LT like Walter Jones or Pace that means they can put a TE on Chike's side and completely nuetralize our pass rush.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
MigratingOsprey said:
hawks colors = blue and green or bluengreen

Because I'm anal retentive and a smart-a$$, I would argue that the name should be "pacificbluendarknavybluenbrightgreen":

You must be registered for see images

Of course, if he used the old colors, it would be closer ("bluengreennsilver"):

You must be registered for see images

;)

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Woo hoo, uniform color smack! I love this board!

:thumbup:

OP
OP
B

bluengreen

Reaction score
Oohoo, color smack! Given your nick, you should know that the color name doesn't matter a bit, it's all about the ink mix, baby!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
jstadvl said:

someone got out of the asylum again

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
bluengreen said:
Oohoo, color smack! Given your nick, you should know that the color name doesn't matter a bit, it's all about the ink mix, baby!

oh no he didn't talk color smack to pantone! it's gonna get ugly here fast.

OP
OP
B

bluengreen

Reaction score
CardShark said:
Any chance Alexander is leaving after this season?

Apparently he is talking to the organization are talking right now about it so we'll have a better idea soon

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
oh no he didn't talk color smack to pantone! it's gonna get ugly here fast.

I dare ANYONE to engage me in a sports uniform color battle...

I win every time (!)...

:thumbup:

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
It's ok ouchie

I'm taking my meds! :)
Your right man, BIG, difference between empathy and pity. Good choice of verbage.
Hey you guys know the cat who runs your tailgate board? I just got an e-mail from him. Said he's bringing somewhere between 10-20 of you all down here this game. Any of you one of them? He was real cool last year.
Who'd thought KVB would have more sacks than Okeafor at this point of the season eh?
These games either turn into barn burners for you or the Cards do everything right and pull off the win. We'll see.
Nice to talk smack with decent folk and not the have to take out the trash.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
freebyrd said:
new guy buys. i'll take a fifth of jack a 38 and a cyanide capsule :thumbup:
welcome i don't think were gonna be much fun this week, unless you enjoy watching a cat toy with a mouse before ripping its head off
freebyrd

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :mad:

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
where is the tailgate board?!

i'll be in a group that is over by the seahawks RV ... i've ran into you the past two years though, so I imagine I'll have to tolerate your mug again this year .................

and this uniform smack has me all worked up now ... the color is "seahawk blue" - a created color just for this uniform, that most announcers declare as green

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we can't stop Barber III behind a make shift O-Line. How are we going to stop Alexandar behind a good O-Line.

First off, enough of the 3 and 5 man fronts. We need to stick with the 4 man fronts. Maybe the occasional 5 man front. Opposing OCs have figured out our weaknesses with the 3 and 5 and a good QB can check out to a play that will expose this weakness.

We need to keep Wilson in the Box. I say burn us with the pass but you will not run against us.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Things will be better here by wednesday, it takes a few days to recover from a brutal loss like that.