Howdy Cardinal Fans

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
bluengreen said:
Well, it's looking like another long dismal season for you guys, and after all that preseason hype too. As a Seahawks fan, THAT's certainly something I can empathize with.

Too bad about Boldin, hopefully it's not as bad as it sounds.

Anyways, here's to a good game where nobody gets injured.

I just as soon see the Seahawks win as anybody. We suffer but we survive. Only Bill Clinton can really feel our pain. Hope we can beat you (fat chance) but after that you can have your way with the rest of the league.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
NEZCardsfan said:
You know it sucks when the opposition is trying to lift you up.

:(

I was thinking the same thing. How pathetic we must be.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
If we can't stop Barber III behind a make shift O-Line. How are we going to stop Alexandar behind a good O-Line.

Good news for next year...both Alexander and Hutchinson are Free Agents. One will get franchised...one will be free hopefully. I would love to get Hutch...

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
jstadvl said:
I'm taking my meds! :)
Your right man, BIG, difference between empathy and pity. Good choice of verbage.
Hey you guys know the cat who runs your tailgate board? I just got an e-mail from him. Said he's bringing somewhere between 10-20 of you all down here this game. Any of you one of them? He was real cool last year.
Who'd thought KVB would have more sacks than Okeafor at this point of the season eh?
These games either turn into barn burners for you or the Cards do everything right and pull off the win. We'll see.
Nice to talk smack with decent folk and not the have to take out the trash.

Cardinal fans on this board only eat their own and first born.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
MigratingOsprey said:
and this uniform smack has me all worked up now ... the color is "seahawk blue" - a created color just for this uniform, that most announcers declare as green

No - officially it is "NFL Pacific Blue". It IS a proprietary color designed for the Seahawks, but it is represented by either a specific Pantone Process Color (a 4-color CMYK mix), or a specific TOYO Ink Color. There is not a corresponding Pantone Solid Color used for the representation of the color.

In addition, the Pantone Textile Color (used for fabrics) is a special custom one created by Reebok. This is where the "Pacific Blue" designation comes into play. Little known fact - the Charlotte Bobcats of the NBA also use this special Textile color to represent their "Bobcat Blue".

I told you not to mess with me on this subject...

;)

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
heh ... i bow before your jargon :p

could you provide that breakdown to all announcing crews?

Hawkfandyno

Rookie
Reaction score
TheCardFan said:
Good news for next year...both Alexander and Hutchinson are Free Agents. One will get franchised...one will be free hopefully. I would love to get Hutch...

Workin on Alexander this week, hopefully something will get done. Under the terms of his one year contract, the hawks cannot franchise him again.

Hutch, if he does not sign a contract will be franchised most likely. so the only one that will be free would be SA.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
why didn't they just use plain language?

PANTONE194C said:
No - officially it is "NFL Pacific Blue". It IS a proprietary color designed for the Seahawks, but it is represented by either a specific Pantone Process Color (a 4-color CMYK mix), or a specific TOYO Ink Color. There is not a corresponding Pantone Solid Color used for the representation of the color.

... and call it "hideous blue" and "nauseating green"? I used to like the Seahawks old uniforms and colors, but seriously, they have invented the ugliest colors ever known to man, and combined them in the most garish, unappealing fashion imaginable. I'm far from the first to point this out, but it needed to be said in this thread!

...dave

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
i really like the uni's and colors ... i love the seahawk blue ... doesn't really come through the best on TV, but it's good stuff

the main thing I don't like is the neon green trim ... I could live without that ... would also like to see the logo larger on the sleeve

but as far as buying a jersey or merchandise to wear, i'm happy with what they have available (and the old logo and look is a big reason I became a hawk fan............)

Wild Card

Surfin' Bird
Reaction score
daves said:
I used to like the Seahawks old uniforms and colors, but seriously, they have invented the ugliest colors ever known to man, and combined them in the most garish, unappealing fashion imaginable.

Dave:

Amen. I loved the old Seahawk uniforms, logo and colors. As far as I'm concerned, the Chargers have a lock on the "Our Old Unis Make the Current Ones Look Like Cr@p" award, but the Hawks come in a close second.

WC

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:
welcome aboard, bluengreen. i'll have a hit in the head with a ball peen hammer.

I'd like to change my order and have what he's having, please.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hawkfandyno said:
Just suck it up and take a shot to the pills like a real man dammit!

Wow, you guys really do know what it's like to be a Cards fan. This thread reminds me of when I moved to Seattle. I did construction for the first few months I lived there and on my first day a Seahawks fan told me the following joke, "did you here about the new car being sold by the Seahawks? It looks great at home but dies on the road."

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
heh .. i started to become a hawk fan back when I was 5 ... so if it looked cool, i was all about it ... the kingdome was raucous and the team was beating the raiders ... life was good (and at that age I preferred to eat the paste as opposed to sniff the glue.............)

too bad at that age you don't tend to remember as much later in life, because that was the only taste of the good years the hawks would provide

instead I got to enjoy 2 win seasons while the local buffalo bills were blowing SBs (Scott Norwood was the only reason you didn't have some serious accidents to various bills fans in the early 90s.............)

Wild Card

Surfin' Bird
Reaction score
MigratingOsprey said:
heh .. i started to become a hawk fan back when I was 5 ... so if it looked cool, i was all about it ... the kingdome was raucous and the team was beating the raiders ... too bad at that age you don't tend to remember as much later in life, because that was the only taste of the good years the hawks would provide

MO:

That'd be the Chuck Knox years of 1983-91, right? 80-63 regular season, playoffs 4 out of 9 years, NFC Championship game 1983 (where they lost to the eventual world champion L.A. Raiders). Multiple Pro Bowlers like RBs Curt Warner and John Williams, WRs Brian Blades and Steve Largent, QB (and future Cardinal) Dave Krieg, LB Rufus Porter and DBs Kenny Easley and Eugene Robinson. And a home crowd so loud that the NFL had to change the rules to shut 'em up.

I was there for 1990-91, and games like the week 7 '90 24-21 win over John Elway's Broncos. Good teams and great memories. Then they replaced Knox with Tom Flores in 1992, and the wheels came off to the tune of 2-14. And it'd be a decade before the Hawks were any good again.

As an ex-Seattlite, it's nice to see the Seahawks playing good football again. It's just too bad they had to be in the Cardinals' division when they did it.

So here's hoping the Hawks play well on Sunday, but still find a way to lose. It wouldn't be the first time. ;)

WC

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
yep ... those were good years, but even then they were hit or miss (even before the 92 meltdown - i would say around 89 when largent during largents last year - those times are a little like they are now - exciting, but not always consistent or winning)

even in the 80s though they would play up and down, win 10 games and miss the playoffs, etc

even up to that point though the eam was exciting .... the win over the chiefs in KC was great with paul skanski grabbing the TD after krieg was getting abused all day by DT

i've always liked the cards, i even had like 5 of those "new pack of cards" football cards when they moved from st. louis

of course I hope you guys lose enough games in the year for the seahawks to take the division, but like the direction where things are going where the hawks and cards are poised to rise to the top and battle

but like everything else in our franchises history, it just takes a lot of time and about 50 migranes

Wild Card

Surfin' Bird
Reaction score
MigratingOsprey said:
the win over the chiefs in KC was great with paul skanski grabbing the TD after krieg was getting abused all day by DT

MO:

One of the guttiest performances I've ever seen by a quarterback. After getting the snot beat out of him all day at Arrowhead by Derrick Thomas--a single-game record of seven sacks--Dave Krieg drives his team downfield and hits Skansi with a 25-yarder in the endzone as time runs out (and Thomas just misses burying him one more time). Seahawks 17, Chiefs 16. Wow.

And then, in the best Seahawks tradition, they went on to miss the playoffs on a tie-breaker after winning five of their last six games to finish 9-7. It's all coming back to me now... :bang:

WC

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
yep .. our clubs deliver different kinds of kicks in the nuts ... but regardless of how you get 'em, it is never enjoyable to limp around with bruised stones............

on the flip side, it narrows a fan base down to a really good level leaving only the diehards and people who can appreciate loyalty

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Hey O

your too kind. You left out the "ugly" in the mug part.
The board is run by a guy name of Nathan. I think it's seahawkstailgate.com
I visited a couple of times last year but haven't been back in awhile.
Please do make sure to stop by and say Hi!

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
seahawkstailgate.net

nice site and good find

i'm sure I'll bump into you again ... always seems to be the case