Hunter's flop

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is Larry Brown looking at? There was at least 6" between Reggie Miller's elbow and Lindsey Hunter. That was a flaw all the way, and I'm glad the referees didn't buy it.

Joe Mama

Reaction score
Why did Hunter flop in that situation? He intentionally gave Reggie Miller a wide open three-just to put the game in the hands of the refs.

I also thought there was quite a bit of daylight between Miller's elbow and Hunter. Larry Brown should consider his team's 28 point first half before blaming the refs for deciding the game.

RichDawg

Reaction score
lancelet's cousin said:
Why did Hunter flop in that situation? He intentionally gave Reggie Miller a wide open three-just to put the game in the hands of the refs.

I also thought there was quite a bit of daylight between Miller's elbow and Hunter. Larry Brown should consider his team's 28 point first half before blaming the refs for deciding the game.

I agree. That play reminded me of Jordan's game 6 push off of Bryon Russell, although on a much smaller scale.

jibikao

Reaction score
There was a push but not enough to push Hunter to the ground. It was definitely a flop.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I thought it was a flop also. It didn't look like there was contact between Miller's elbow and Hunter, but I think Miller got him with his shoulder first (still not enough to knock him down). Also, the defender is required to give the offensive player some space and Hunter wasn't so the offensive player is allowed to try to create a little space, which is what Reggie did.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Total flop, he barely grazed him...and trust me, no freaking NBA player is that weak that a little push from skinny ol' Reggie Miller is going to knock them on their arse like that...

It was a flop, begging the refs to decide the game...

Mike

OP
OP
J

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
RichDawg said:
I agree. That play reminded me of Jordan's game 6 push off of Bryon Russell, although on a much smaller scale.

Not sure I agree with you there. If I had to draw a comparison to Jordan's game 6 push off on Russell it would be when Reggie Miller did a similar thing to Michael Jordan in a game 6. I can't remember what year it was. Miller completely pushed Jordan to get open for a game-winning shot.

I don't think Jordan's push off on Russell was as bad as it looked because Russell's momentum made it worse. However I've always thought it should have been called an offensive foul. One of the things Jordan frequently got away with was using his off arm. It wasn't the same thing as we see many point guards do today where it's a little questionable. He would completely slap away the hands of defenders. In that game 6 play his arm was fully extended pushing Russell. Any other player would have been called for that.

Joe Mama

jibikao

Reaction score
Well, you gotta give Miller some space to move right? Miller did try to create his space and Hunter just flopped it.... I am glad the ref didn't buy it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05