I already can't stand the Creole Language...

Cards Czar

The Bird is the Word
Reaction score
Who dat say that the Cardinal Fooshballers is better dem may Saints Fooshballers.

Last edited:

doctorj2u

Reaction score
Sorry, but it is "who dat", not "who dey" and it comes from chants from black colleges and has roots in jazz from what I have read recently. We will have to wait until Saturday to see if the Cards can "beat dem Saints". My money is on the Saints, but I know it will be a great game. I can't wait!!! I hope a lot of the your fans come and enjoy the city. It will be wild!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It ain't Creole..... It is Cajun.

Creole is Haitian. Cajun is Louisiana Acadian.

NO. Creole is not just Haitian. It is French, African American, Caribbean, etc. I should know.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmm. I surely thought there was a difference.

Haitian Creole is used widely among Haitians who have relocated to other countries, particularly the United States and Canada. Some of the larger Creole-speaking populations are found in Montreal, Quebec (where French is the official language), New York City, Boston, and Central and South Florida (Miami, Fort Lauderdale, and Palm Beach). To reach out to the large Haitian population, government agencies have produced various public service announcements, school-parent communications, and other materials in Haitian Creole. For instance, Miami-Dade County in Florida sends out paper communications in Haitian Creole in addition to English and Spanish. In the Boston area, the Boston subway system and area hospitals and medical offices post announcements in Haitian Creole as well as English. North America's only Creole-language television network is HTN, based in Miami. The area also has more than half a dozen Creole-language AM radio stations.

There is controversy over whether to teach Creole in Miami-Dade County Public Schools.[citation needed] Many[who?] argue Creole is a peasant language that is not fully developed for literary purposes; others argue it is important for children to learn a written form of their parents' native tongue.

Haitian language and culture is taught in many colleges in the United States as well as in the Bahamas. Indiana University has a Creole Institute [1] founded by Dr. Albert Valdman where Haitian Creole, among other facets of Haiti, are studied and researched; the University of Kansas, Lawrence has an Institute of Haitian studies, founded by Dr. Bryant Freeman. Additionally, the University of Massachusetts-Boston, Florida International University, and University of Florida offer seminars and courses annually at their Haitian Creole Summer Institute. Tulane University, Brown University, Columbia University, and University of Miami are also offering classes in Haitian Creole. The University of Oregon and Duke University will soon be offering classes as well.

Haitian Creole is the second most spoken language in Cuba, where over 300,000 Haitian immigrants speak it. It is recognized as a language in Cuba and a considerable number of Cubans speak it fluently. Most of these speakers have never been to Haiti and do not possess Haitian ancestry, but merely learned it in their communities. In addition, there is a Haitian Creole radio station operating in Havana.[3] The language is also spoken by over 150,000 Haitians (although estimates believe that there are over a million speakers due to a huge population of illegal aliens from Haiti[4]) who reside in the neighboring Dominican Republic [5], although the locals do not speak it.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dem's My Boys and dat's why dey is gonna beat dem Saints!!

(And I wondered what my sig for this week was gonna be.....)

Last edited:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was chanting that immediately after the game, on the way through the stadium, and out to the cars.

Who dat? WE DAT!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
NO. Creole is not just Haitian. It is French, African American, Caribbean, etc. I should know.

DRC, I think I like you a whole bunch more now! I love the Louisana Creole culture!!
And FWIW, some of the most beautiful women are from Monroe, LA who possess that heavy Creole background/influence!

:thumbup:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DRC, I think I like you a whole bunch more now! I love the Louisana Creole culture!!
And FWIW, some of the most beautiful women are from Monroe, LA who possess that heavy Creole background/influence!

:thumbup:

:D

Some of the best food in the world as well.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
What exactly is this?

"Who Day Say Dey Gonna Beat Dem Saints"

This is not Creole.

Creole is a language with a French base. This is just barely literate English, and there is no shortage of that in America. ;)