I can't stand the NBA!!

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Hughes and Marshall weren't garbage before they came to Cleveland. Playing with James has turned them into garbage.
Ok, that's why they were both NBA journeymen and why Hughes is averaging about the same numbers as he has his entire NBA career for the Cavs. Marshall and Hughes were contract year players and went back to their norms once the Cavs paid them.

Lebron just signed a extension this year..i don't think he can opt out of his contract now
Not now, but he almost assuredly will in 2010.

Last edited:

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Ok, that's why they were both NBA journeymen and why Hughes is averaging about the same numbers as he has his entire NBA career for the Cavs. Marshall and Hughes were contract year players and went back to their norms once the Cavs paid them.

Huh? Marhsall's numbers in the five years before he joined Cleveland:

2000-01 (UTA): 13.6 ppg, 7.0 rpg, .503 FG%, .320 3FG%
2001-02 (UTA): 14.8, 7.6, .509, .310
2002-03 (CHI): 13.4, 9.0, .459, .379
2003-04 (CHI/TOR): 14.7, 9.9, .461, .403
2004-05 (TOR): 11.5, 6.6, .443, .416

Which of those were contract years? They were somewhat up and down, but overall he averaged, as an eyeball estimate, 13 ppg, 8 rpg, 47% FG, and 36% 3FG. (I don't feel like doing the actual calculation, but it's going to wind up close to those numbers over those five years.)

Now with Cleveland:

2005-06: 9.3 ppg, 6.1 rpg, .395 FG%, .324 3FG%
2006-07: 7.0, 4.0, .424, .351

Those are dramatically worse than the numbers he put up in any of his previous five seasons, during which he played for three different teams.

Hughes is harder to assess because his numbers have been so inconsistent throughout his career, much more so than Marshall's. So I'll concede that point.

Last edited:

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hughes definitely upped his offense in the his contract year and I knew the Cavs overpaid. Marshall plummeted on the Cavs, but he also joined them at age 32. His downturn clearly started the year before he joined them so I think it is a natural progression of age.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I'll concede Marshall as well, but I'd guess his weight, age, and playing time are bigger factors in his decline than LeBron James. I guess time will tell, I'm willing to bet James is out of there once he can opt out so we should see if it's truly him or his supporting cast that's the problem. Same goes for Kobe.

Strike

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Lighten up...

...it's a message board...and people are simply posting their opinions...
...I don't think the NBA is "fixed" either...but I do think that Stern is directing the League to be more physical...which isn't entertaining.

the majority of nba fans want Phoenix style game play and Stern is doing what he can to alienate the majority of basketball fans?

Who gets marketed more? The Suns or the Spurs? The Cavs or the Pistons? Nash or Duncan? Lebron or Chauncey Billups?
Stern wants physical play over flash and flair?

Gimme a break.

Stern wants to pansyfy the league. And that's what run & gun, no defense basketball is. Pansyfied.

Last edited:

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
the majority of nba fans want Phoenix style game play and Stern is doing what he can to alienate the majority of basketball fans?

Who gets marketed more? The Suns or the Spurs? The Cavs or the Pistons? Nash or Duncan? Lebron or Chauncey Billups?
Stern wants physical play over flash and flair?

Gimme a break.

Stern wants to pansyfy the league. And that's what run & gun, no defense basketball is. Pansyfied.

Go watch football or hockey then......

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I just prefer watching up-tempo exciting basketball. I'd rather stop watching basketball than watch your low scoring boring basketbrawl.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
:biglaugh:

Awwwww,:sad: little one doesn't like it when his Suns get boo boos playing a man's game.

You're a real tough guy. I wonder what such a tough guy would be doing trying to insult people on the internet. Shouldn't you be out in real life getting into fights if you are such a tommy toughnuts?

Get lost weasel. I bet you weigh 150 lbs and live in your mothers basement.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Haven't watched a single game myself. Trying to will myself into watching another season that doesn't look to good. What if we have to go through a tougher 1st round opponent and then spurs/mavs/detroit to get the title.

It almost seems impossible with the same roster.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Go watch football or hockey then......
Yeah, I went to a fight and a hockey match broke out.

There are sports enthusiasts . . . and there are those who think that cheating or bullying outweigh skill.

Strike

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You're a real tough guy. I wonder what such a tough guy would be doing trying to insult people on the internet. Shouldn't you be out in real life getting into fights if you are such a tommy toughnuts?

Get lost weasel. I bet you weigh 150 lbs and live in your mothers basement.

Weasel?

I'll give you a point for originality. In my 29 years on this Earth I'm pretty sure I've never been called that.

I like the mother's basement take, as well. I've used it myself. But, your lack of originality takes the aforementioned point away. You lose another for the 150 point assumption simply because you are incorrect.

That puts you at -1.

Thank you for playing.

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Weasel?

I'll give you a point for originality. In my 29 years on this Earth I'm pretty sure I've never been called that.

I like the mother's basement take, as well. I've used it myself. But, your lack of originality takes the aforementioned point away. You lose another for the 150 point assumption simply because you are incorrect.

That puts you at -1.

Thank you for playing.

I thought the other Spurs fans were obnoxious, but none were as juvenile as you sound. Perhaps you are 29 years old chronologically, but emotionally you come across as someone about 14 years old.

Do you have any life? A job? Friends? It is hard to imagine you have the ability to carry on adult conversations, or do people simply stop and point at you as you walk down the street?

Strike

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Do you have any life? A job? Friends? It is hard to imagine you have the ability to carry on adult conversations, or do people simply stop and point at you as you walk down the street?

Yes, yes and yes.

Adult conversations come easy. As does not caring about you think of me.

mcgophers

Reaction score
This is why I only watch Suns basketball and watch hockey the rest of the winter. Low-scoring basketball is boring.

asudevil83

Reaction score
oh my.....are to to the point of "i know you are but what am i?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05