I have not cried over a game in damn near 10 years.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
The obvious angle is the chocking but you aint human if you didn't want the Cardinals to win that game, that or your a Bears fan.

It's just another page into the history of what will make turning it all around even more unbellievable.

That's what worries me connrad.

Everything is the universe lined up for cardinals win tonight and they still lost.

It's frightening. That's what it is.

The disasters just keep getting bigger and bigger. At this moment, I'm afraid that being cardinals fan will eventually lead me into some terrible accident. Like my TV exploding in my face and killing me.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The obvious angle is the chocking but you aint human if you didn't want the Cardinals to win that game, that or your a Bears fan.

even my boss, who bleeds everything Chicago, wanted the Cardinals to win this game.

HardBall

Devil Man
Reaction score
Phillycard,

Give it a couple days and you will get numb again and begin to visualize the victory over the Raiders. I, too, was laughing my ass off at the end of this game. It is the only way I won't go totally postal or start crying uncontrollably. It is really crappy that we have to resort to Dr. Phil tactics to maintain sanity as a Cards fan. I really wish the organization would take some time to read this board and realize that some people really do care.

Oh yeah, Fire Green!!

Hardball

OP
OP
phillycard

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is what I don't get. Wasn't the playoff win over the Cowboys much bigger, even the win over the Chargers that year to make the playoffs was bigger than any game since.

Suns, you're probably right. Maybe it's just how bad I wanted it. A win over a supposedly unstoppable Bears team may have re-energized this team and validated Matts ticket as the beast that he is. (not that the changes that) It would have meant the world to everyone to prove the world wrong on a national stage, but instead we just showed that we're not ready to get off the porch yet.

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
I agree with Cheese on this one, It is comical. I do not feel as bad for myself being a Cards fan, as I have seen this kind of thing from them before, but I have raised three Cards fans that are just now starting to understand how hard it is going to be to have faith in this team even with Leinart. They had every emotion possible in this game and just cried there eyes out with this defeat at the end. I hope that they do not give up on this team but they have my blessing if they want to root for a different team. I like the bond it gives us but it might not be worth there life time wasted waiting for this team to finally change there luck. I on the other hand am 40 and have to keep on hanging in there with this group. I think I need therapy after tonight.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score

Everything is the universe lined up for cardinals win tonight and they still lost.

The disasters just keep getting bigger and bigger. At this moment, I'm afraid that being cardinals fan will eventually lead me into some terrible accident. Like my TV exploding in my face and killing me.

Now that made me laugh out loud.

It does seem to me like some titanic forces engaged in a death struggle, it's almost comical, the demons were very ticked that we dared think they were banished but even they strained under the forces aligned against them, it took everything they had to kill this team, ever evil ounce of energy they have, I think they are spent.

God I hope so.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score

And that, my friend, is what ensures us of long and happy (except with football) lives...it's like Yin & Yang, Instant Karma, or Matt Damon as the new Capt. Kirk in the retro Star Trek movies...

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This one honestly hurts because I really believed we could win. Of course I had the "How will we lost this game" scenario's going on in my head... but I thought maybe just maybe we'd find a way to win it.

This loss is one of the most painful losses I've felt. Maybe it was all those Bears fans who were walking out of the stadium with their tail between their legs when their team was down 2 touchdowns in the 4th. Only to have those same cornholio fans come back, and then talk smack like their team was winning the whole game? Give me a ****ing break.

This loss just makes my heart ache. I've gone beyond the hilarity of it, because deep down inside I love this team, but they just make it so hard to keep liking them.

Damn.

I really really wanted this game. And I thought we had it. But what happened in the 4th quarter is pure 100% Cardinal football. It shouldn't have been such a surprise.

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I told one of my friends a very similar thing tonight. I said it's not that the Cardinals lose, it is HOW they lose that is laughable. They have to give you that small shred of hope that you have buried deep deep down underneath your common sense and low expectations. They have dig threw the years of knowledge that they will fail and raise up those dead feelings of hope and then, only when you truely believe, crush them utterly. That is Cardinals football.

Nail...meet Chopper's hammer. That, right there, is the experience of being a Cardinals fans.

God help us.

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Suns, you're probably right. Maybe it's just how bad I wanted it. A win over a supposedly unstoppable Bears team may have re-energized this team and validated Matts ticket as the beast that he is. (not that the changes that) It would have meant the world to everyone to prove the world wrong on a national stage, but instead we just showed that we're not ready to get off the porch yet.

I'm with ya. We're playing at home on MNF, and the opening sequence shows Soldier Field and then has Ditka (well, I have some choice words that I'd like to use for how pompous he was) talking about the great Bears. Everyone besides Berman thought this would be a BLOW OUT of epic proportions.

And there we were. Shoving it right down their throats. There was Matt, showing his brilliance in only his 2nd start...and against the BEST team in the NFL, known for it's defense. There was our own D, absolutely destroying the Bears. And yet, in the end, instead of a victory, instead of the easy Bears win we were all braced for....we get the Cardinals ripping our hearts out.

I hate that I have to think this way now...but don't dare to hope with this team. The second you do, the second you think there's a chance, the second you begin to feel PROUD to be a Cardinals fan (No matter how desperately you want to finally feel proud of your NFL team), they will rip all of that away and leave you a sobbing mess, a hysterical mad-man who can only laugh at his pain and doubling you over to wretch at the heavy lump of coal that's been pushed back down your throat into the pit of your stomach.

*sigh*

Raiders are gonna lose next week. Leinart will march up and down the field, Edge will finally have a big day and our latest edition of our O-Line will finally play a solid game. The defense will build off this game and Walter will spend the day running for his life.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
I'm just numb at this point. I can't feel anything.