I have one thing to say....

corrado

Registered
Reaction score
Before I say that one thing I congradulate the Suns on a great season.

The thing I have to say that in the close to 30 years I have been living here, the Suns philosophy MUST change or else failure in the playoffs will continue.

THEY NEED TO GET BIGGER. Every year it's a team built for success in the regular season but not in the playoffs where the gloves are taken off. Why oh why don't/can't they understand that. If they draft another 6'8" guy in this draft I will toss my TV out the window.

Last edited:

Furio

Rookie
Reaction score
And no matter who we have on the bench we need to use them in the regular season to give them some experience playing. So what if we finish 3rd or 4th, it'll be better for a team in the long run if we can get contribution from our bench. And we won't be so undermanned if something happens to one of our main guys.

btimsah

My Name Is Robert!
Reaction score
Before I say that one thing I congratulate the Suns on a great season.

The thing I have to say that in the close to 30 years I have been living here, the Suns philosophy MUST change or else failure in the playoffs will continue.

THEY NEED TO GET BGIGGER. Every year it's a team built for success in the regular season but not in the playoffs where the gloves are taken off. Why oh why don't/can't they understand that. If they draft another 6'8" guy in this draft I will toss my TV out the window.

Disagree. We need to get BETTER. In the playoffs, it's not about size it's about points. Tim Duncans are once in a lifetime and will neturilize (you know what I mean) any big men we get. He'll block their shots too.

We need better guards. Pure and simple.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
We need shooters. You look at this series and we were missing wide open shots. Bell, Barbosa, and Jones were all pathetic in this series.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
As long as Mike D'Antoni is the coach, there is no need for players over 6'7 because they will NEVER EVER EVER get to play.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
We need shooters. You look at this series and we were missing wide open shots. Bell, Barbosa, and Jones were all pathetic in this series.

hard to blame barbosa. yes he missed a few open looks, but any guy in the league can easily be shut down by the spurs team. bell didnt do too badly, id rather have him focusing on defense on the spurs guys. Jones played well the last 2 games, but the guy doesnt get the ball a lot so its hard to judge his capability. i think his shot looks really good, and it will fall eventually.

OP
OP
C

corrado

Registered
Reaction score
Bull

This teams mindset MUST change. They WILL NEVER EVER be successful in the playoffs with their current philosophy of run and gun. It is entertaining basketball but not WINNING basketball in the playoffs.

This team needs length and lot's of it. Obviously any bigger guys also need to be skilled but they need SIZE. The problem I see is that Coach 'D' loves the 7 man rotation small ball. THEY WILL NEVER WIN UNLESS THEY CHANGE THAT MINDSET period end of sentence!!!!!!

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
exactly we could defintally use another outside shooter that doesnt fold under the pressure

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
hard to blame barbosa. yes he missed a few open looks, but any guy in the league can easily be shut down by the spurs team. bell didnt do too badly, id rather have him focusing on defense on the spurs guys. Jones played well the last 2 games, but the guy doesnt get the ball a lot so its hard to judge his capability. i think his shot looks really good, and it will fall eventually.
C'mon, Barbosa was aweful, out of control, poor decision making, pathetic 3 point shooting. Don't tell me Duncan caused all that. We get 50% performance from Barbosa and the series outcome could have been different (especially close games 1 and 5).

Ok, so who is your perimeter shooter than, if Barbosa is struggling big time, Bell doesn't need to shoot and Junior hardly cracks the lineup.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Before I say that one thing I congradulate the Suns on a great season.

THEY NEED TO GET BIGGER. Every year it's a team built for success in the regular season but not in the playoffs where the gloves are taken off. Why oh why don't/can't they understand that. If they draft another 6'8" guy in this draft I will toss my TV out the window.

I disagree, the Suns/D'Antoni's philosophy can work. They just lost because the other team scored 114, it had nothing to do with needing more size. Amare needs to improve on defense so the Suns don't have to use KT so much, but the Suns need guys like Bell, Barbosa, Diaw, James Jones and Marion to not become invisible in the clutch.

The Suns most likely would've won the last home game, and a game 7 at home, but we'll never know because of the stupid suspensions. I hope Sarver has the foresight to keep this team together, pay the luxury tax, and lets all pray the ping pong balls bounce our way.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Be nice to have Bell focus on defense. But he didn't look so good tonight.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Im sorry, but there are no more great seasons left without a championship for this team. The bar is that high IMO.

However, we will learn to play with the Spurs, just like the Bulls learned to play with the Pistons in the early 90s. Next year will provide greater depth on the bench with the draft and hopefully, D'antoni will learn to use a deeper rotation to get more guys in the game and rest your key players.

dodie53

A. O. II
Reaction score
if the suns are going to stick with the small ball,
they need players that are shoot the ball well..
i.e. allen, redd..

DevilsFan

Reaction score
Oden

I'll say it right now, if the Suns get the Hawks pick at 4, 5, or 6, they need to do whatever they can to get Greg Oden. That includes trading Amare. In fact, it includes trading Amare, Shaun, the Hawks pick and whatever else is necessary. Tim Duncan is going to win his fourth ring because he is a dominant defensive 7 footer surrounded by good complementary players. Players like Oden come along once in a decade and you do whatever it takes to get them. Mark it down, Oden is going to be the second coming of Bill Russell. He has the temperament, the athleticism, and the game to have that kind of career. Unfortunately, this probably means Steve doesn't get his ring. That sucks, but I think it's pretty clear D'Antoni's system won't get it done. Yes, the suspensions hurt, but from watching this series, I really doubt this team would have been able to handle SA, Utah, and Detroit back to back to back. They simply aren't physical enough.

Oden is the player this franchise has been waiting for for nearly 40 years. They can get him if they want him badly enough.

sunsfn

Reaction score
I'll say it right now, if the Suns get the Hawks pick at 4, 5, or 6, they need to do whatever they can to get Greg Oden. That includes trading Amare. In fact, it includes trading Amare, Shaun, the Hawks pick and whatever else is necessary. Tim Duncan is going to win his fourth ring because he is a dominant defensive 7 footer surrounded by good complementary players. Players like Oden come along once in a decade and you do whatever it takes to get them. Mark it down, Oden is going to be the second coming of Bill Russell. He has the temperament, the athleticism, and the game to have that kind of career. Unfortunately, this probably means Steve doesn't get his ring. That sucks, but I think it's pretty clear D'Antoni's system won't get it done. Yes, the suspensions hurt, but from watching this series, I really doubt this team would have been able to handle SA, Utah, and Detroit back to back to back. They simply aren't physical enough.

Oden is the player this franchise has been waiting for for nearly 40 years. They can get him if they want him badly enough.

You obviously have not been following the NBA very long, or do not understand that the team that gets to draft Oden will not trade him for anyone!

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The only way for the Suns to win a championship is to bite, cheat, grab, pull, slow it down, etc. Its a game I hate.

The NBA plays and allows a completely different game in the playoffs. I thought it was changing, but the Spurs have ruined all that.

So I'm just done. This game has no appeal for me anymore.

newfan101

Registered
Reaction score
The only way for the Suns to win a championship is to bite, cheat, grab, pull, slow it down, etc. Its a game I hate.

The NBA plays and allows a completely different game in the playoffs. I thought it was changing, but the Spurs have ruined all that.

So I'm just done. This game has no appeal for me anymore.

Ditto. For the first time in 30-some years, I no longer care what we do in the offseason. I'm at an age where I have zero patience for BS, and the NBA has BS'd me for the last time. I appreciate the Suns for trying to make the game entertaining again, but it's past the point of no return for me. I'm done with the NBA.

Hugh D'Man

Veteran
Reaction score
I wouldn't jump so quick on tinyball's throat....

If the second unit had maintained some level of intensity and functioned offensvely, we'd could be looking at a game 7. Its is clear that Barbo CANT run this offense. He's not a PG ! I feel bad for the guy, because, basically, his teambros are so conditioned to Nash running around creating, that they often just stand there, mesmerized by whoever has the ball. That's coaching as much as anything....and not neccessarily a defect of 'small ball'. Run some F-n plays fer Keristesakes. Where is this 'marvelous passer' once named Boris ?

just do it

Registered
Reaction score
exactly we could defintally use another outside shooter that doesnt fold under the pressure

Tim Thomas fits that roll, maybe with the Alien being older and Livingston crippled for life we can swing a late 1st and Banks for Thomas???

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Tim Thomas fits that roll, maybe with the Alien being older and Livingston crippled for life we can swing a late 1st and Banks for Thomas???

Something like that could make sense for both teams, except that rumor has it D'Antoni hates Thomas and never wanted him back anyway.

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Something like that could make sense for both teams, except that rumor has it D'Antoni hates Thomas and never wanted him back anyway.

Then let's turn it into a three-way deal where we send Marion and D'A to LAL for Odom and Phil Jackson.