I just talked to Coach Green

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
On KDUS, asked him what Clancy said to the D on the side lines. He didn't really answer my question but still kind of cool.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
O said:
On KDUS, asked him what Clancy said to the D on the side lines. He didn't really answer my question but still kind of cool.

Well then, kinda-congrats for the non-answered question! :thumbup:

I keed I keed, you always know when you've asked a good question, because they avoid answering it :)

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I Did Too!!!

I'm Al from Chicago. I told him I supported every decision he's made thus far but there are many fans who don't think Josh McCown has quite lived up to his billing. I asked him what he would say to the Josh McCown critics.
Basically, he said there is more to the shortcomings of the offense than just Josh. He went on to say that Josh will have to start playing better.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
slanidrac16 said:
I'm Al from Chicago. I told him I supported every decision he's made thus far but there are many fans who don't think Josh McCown has quite lived up to his billing. I asked him what he would say to the Josh McCown critics.
Basically, he said there is more to the shortcomings of the offense than just Josh. He went on to say that Josh will have to start playing better.
Nice job!

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
slanidrac16 said:
\ He went on to say that Josh will have to start playing better.

Great question, glad to hear him say this....

This_Guy

Veteran
Reaction score
ASUCHRIS said:
Great question, glad to hear him say this....
Agreed. Nice to hear him at least acknowledge that.

That being said, he still started off by deflecting the criticism.

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I wish you could go into more specifics and see what he says like I really like Josh but he has been quite inaccurate with his throws, even on the pass interferance call he threw it out of bounds..Boldin got so and so receiving yards a game last year his numbers have been much lower these past few games although he has looked open lately, he doesn't seem to be getting the ball now. Fitz has seemed to be open lately... The Giants news casters said that McCown was staring down receivers... McCown would have more time in the shot gun, although we have heard he is uncomfortable with that have you been trying to make him more comfortable with it? If McCown keeps playing the way he is will King come in soon? etc..etc..etc.. I wish some tough questions could be asked but Green isn't normally the type to answer them...

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
slanidrac16 said:

I wish Green was a little more informative. Anytime someone doesn't play that great all he has to say is that person needs to play better...well duh! Tell me something I don't know! That's the point of having him on isn't it?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This_Guy said:
Agreed. Nice to hear him at least acknowledge that.

That being said, he still started off by deflecting the criticism.

Yes he did spread some of the blame, but it sounded to me that if he thought all the components of our offense were to click, then Josh BETTER improve.

This_Guy

Veteran
Reaction score
clif said:
I'm not sure if you really get the point here....are you a Cardinals fan? Do you want to go to the playoffs? If so, you might be interested in seeing Green's ego trip end before it costs the Cardinals a critical win.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This_Guy said:
I'm not sure if you really get the point here....are you a Cardinals fan? Do you want to go to the playoffs? If so, you might be interested in seeing Green's ego trip end before it costs the Cardinals a critical win.
ask yourself the same question because all you do is talk about the Qb and how yours isnt playing.

I could care less who the QB is...as long as the team wins.

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
O said:
Heard that!

Pretty good question.

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
slanidrac16 said:
Heard that too!

That was pretty cool to hear you!

Coach and Pasch were pretty impressed that you were actually from out of state and listening via internet!

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jkf296 said:
Heard that too!

That was pretty cool to hear you!

Coach and Pasch were pretty impressed that you were actually from out of state and listening via internet!
Same here - I heard both of you. Very cool!

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
This_Guy said:
I'm not sure if you really get the point here....are you a Cardinals fan?

You are asking someone else if they are a Cards fan?

:biglaugh:

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
SunCardfan said:
I wish Green was a little more informative. Anytime someone doesn't play that great all he has to say is that person needs to play better...well duh! Tell me something I don't know! That's the point of having him on isn't it?

So you prefer the Parcells approach of calling his team stupid. That is the extreme I know, but I am glad he keeps everything in house. The coach should never call out a player in public, and "he needs to play better" is as far as a coach needs and should go.

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
So you prefer the Parcells approach of calling his team stupid. That is the extreme I know, but I am glad he keeps everything in house. The coach should never call out a player in public, and "he needs to play better" is as far as a coach needs and should go.

No, he should say we would look at his play and do what's best for the team. We'll try this and this differently and he does. If we need to make a change we will. I do want to hear something I don't know. Why have him on if he doesn't tell you anything new?!?! I don't want to just listen to the radio to here pr over and over again....

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
SunCardfan said:
No, he should say we would look at his play and do what's best for the team. We'll try this and this differently and he does. If we need to make a change we will. I do want to hear something I don't know. Why have him on if he doesn't tell you anything new?!?! I don't want to just listen to the radio to here pr over and over again....

What is there new to tell or know. He said he needed to play better, it is as simple as that. Any criticisms and game plans or changes need and should stay "in house". What is so hard to understand about that. I think you are getting confused, Green is a coach not a reporter and with that, there is only so much he will talk about and should talk about and for good reason. Like it or not but it is PR, of which this team needs a lot of.

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
What is there new to tell or know. He said he needed to play better, it is as simple as that. Any criticisms and game plans or changes need and should stay "in house". What is so hard to understand about that. I think you are getting confused, Green is a coach not a reporter and with that, there is only so much he will talk about and should talk about and for good reason. Like it or not but it is PR, of which this team needs a lot of.

Then they shouldn't really have call ins because he won't tell fans anything they don't already know..seems kind of stupid to me then...

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Said this before and will say it again: Denny feels that the team is a family and issues stay within the family. Players don't complain to the press. What goes on behind closed doors stays there. Denny is the only one that really communicates regularly with the press. He will never openly criticise an individual player. He believes in positive motivation and will never dwell on the negatives Like it or not that is the way he is.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05