I support McGinnis

General Chaos

Gronko = Man Beast
Reaction score
I for one am a huge supporter of coach mac. I have been reading that many of you think we should get another coach. I strongly disagree, coach mac is the best thing this organization has. He is passionate for coaching, and is highly regarder around the league. I think they should give him an extension!

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Go

I am a Mac fan, but I think he really screwed up by not playing McCown more last year. If McCown had played we would know exactly where we are at the QB position right now.

adam
________
*** Webcams

Last edited:

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have been reading that many of you think we should get another coach.
I don't think I've seen more than 2 or 3 posts recently taking that position. I bet that if you were to poll the regulars on this bb, there would be overwhelming sentiment supporting Coach Mac.

The sad part of it is that the guy has one more year to go on his contract, and so far the only thing done to improve the team and help him keep his job is to subtract the starting QB and biggest impact player.

AntSports Steve

Cardinals Future GM
Reaction score
The Cardinals really should add 1 more year to his contract now to match the contracts of his assitant coaches. There is no point in firing him at the end of the 2003 season because right now, everyone knows that the Cards are going to suck. It won't be Mac's fault. Right now, it's Graves fault. Fire him.

I think coach Mac could make some better decisions (why didn't Shipp play sooner, more? everyone else could see it), but overall, he's been one of the Cardinals better coaches over the years.

Anyway, the Cards don't pay much for coaches and no real quality coach would every come here unless things change. So any new coach they bring in will just be worst that Coach Mac.

Might as well stick with him. Add another year now!

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It won't be Mac's fault. Right now, it's Graves fault. Fire him

If we go worse than 5-11 (which is looking truer everyday) then Graves should get canned. Until Graves proves to me otherwise...He is just a puppet. A really mean puppet who has dismantled this team....Do Dollar Bill's will..

SunCityCarl

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I support Mac & the people below him....

Everyone above Mac needs a good swift kick in the nads!!!

BIGDADDY_REDBIRD

Registered
Reaction score
I think coach Mac is a Good Coach, I met him at camp last year & his personality was very pleasant. I can see why players want to play for him. Unfortunate for him,a whole lot of "players coaches" get fired every year. Bottom line is wins. His overall win loss record is 12-20. Add on his 1-9 Interim stint & we have a ridiculous 13-29 record. In all fairness to coach Mac we could'nt expect to win last year with all the injuries. However the previous year we recorded a league low 19 sacks, we did not address the situation, The job of head coach is to address weaknesses. This past year we were yet again dead last in the league in sacks. As a supposed Defensive minded coach that is unacceptable. He may one day become a great coach, right now (record wise) he's below average. I as a long suffering fan do not want to sit around another 3 to 5 years while he figures it out. I honestly questioned if he should have been given the job after the interim stint. Management has certainly had their hand in Coach Mac's short comings. If we lose this season, which right now feels very likely. I'm gonna start the Jim Tressel,Bob Stoops, & Tyrone Willingham...bandwagons....How much time is too Long?????? Tony Dungy got fired & he was winning every year...

Last edited:

BigJoe

Rookie
Reaction score
BigDaddy - aren't you a Boomer Sooner fan? I thought I had read that before, it just seems odd that an OU fan would start a Bob Stoops bandwagon. Maybe I am thinking of someone else.

Personally, I'm not a big Coach Mac fan. I think a coach's job is to do everything in his power to ensure that the team has the best opportunity to be successful. I know he has his hands tied by the paradigms that rule the Cardinals as an organization, but I have never been convinced that he will do much here. As Steve said, the Cards aren't about to go get a big name coach, so I guess I'd just as soon keep him as I would get someone who is the kind of coach the Cards would go after to replace him. Don't get me wrong, I'd take Stoops in a heartbeat, but I don't see that happening.

Stan C

Veteran
Reaction score
Graves keeps saying to wait until Training Camp. If he keeps screwing around, and our # 6 draft pick is unsigned because dollar Bill won't pay the poor kid insurance against an injury before he signs (Bryant) than I hope Coach Mac walks, just like he did in Chicago. I doubt he will, but if they won't accept his input and do what it takes to put a winner on the field, then I think he should maintain his integrity and leave. I'm still willing to be patient, and I agree partially there are some guys getting way overpaid right now, but I want to see evidence of some change over the next 2 months, and I hope McGinnis demands the same.

Houdini

Registered
Reaction score
The thing that stands out the most in my mind with coach Mac is when he took the job, he told the media that he could win with Plummer as his QB. I felt back then that would be coach Mac's downfall because I was never a Plummer fan. I always wondered if coach Macs hands were tied regarding Plummer when he took the job because of Jake's huge contract.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mac is a great, great guy. He is. I was there when he came in the stands last season, and the fans LOVED that. But, there are some legitimate questions about his personnel moves and his game management. Everyone gets second guessed, but some of the things that happened last year just shouldn't happen to a coach in his third season. Continuing to rush three or four against a clearly hurt QB in Philly. The fiasco in St. Louis. The team tanking it in the KC game, the Denver game and the Oakland game in preseason.

We'll see if he can pull a rabbit out of his hat this year. I hope he gets something to work with, and he shows he learned from his mistakes as well.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Dave McGinnis = Mack Brown (Texas Longhorns head coach)

Great guys, terrific, upbeat personalities, very good with the fans, poor game day coaches.

McGinnis should have stayed out of Pro football and become a college head coach. He'd have had top recruiting classes every year and made millions at a top University. He would probably never win a National Championship but he'd make the school a perennial winner and have a parade of Parade All-Americans through his locker room. His personality and drive would guarantee him success in college.

However, the Cardinals are crazy if they don't give him an extension before the season starts. They've been here before with a coach with one year left on his contract and key players gone....2000 and the 3-13 record.

Wait, maybe the Cardinals have decided not to bring McGinnis back in 2004. So they let expensive players go in FA and don't sign anyone new this offseason so they can have the money to let the new coach bring in the guys he wants next year.
:D

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I support Mac.

He has an intense desire to win, despite the hand he is dealt.

He makes himself available to the media, never "rips" his players in public (a la Jim Mora and others) and the players want to go to war with him.

Come on - we had ZERO pro-bowlers last year, undrafted free agents in starting roles, and an offense with only 3 starters from the beginning of the season. Let Tiger Woods golf with a garden hoe and see how well he does.

There are rumblings, though that he is out of favor with Graves/Mike Bidwill - its a shame, if he goes somewhere with talent I'm sure he'll be successful.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't like Marmie as the defensive coordinator, I think Mac should have demoted him during the season last year. If our team is slow to respoond this year as it was last year, then he should get canned. Other than that, I think he is a great guy and could be a great coach but needs intelligent adaptive coordinators surrounding him, like I think Sullivan will prove to be.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05