I thought Randy Moss mooning the crowd was funny!

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
We are in the age of "Moral Values" thus this was an immoral act.
Personally I thought it was funny.

:D

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
ajcardfan said:
Yeah, well, you know how Fox is all about "family values" and "class" in it's programming. :rolleyes:

Isn't FOX the proprietor of "The will"? and "Who's your daddy", possibly the lowest form of television possible?? Again, not offended, I just chose not to watch it..... but it cracks me up how outrages Collinworth, Aikman and Buck can be when those shows are on their network!! It's like being so outraged about spousal abuse you kick your child...... Sort of the donkey calling the mule an a$$.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Scott MS said:
Guys who make emotional gestures and decisions, like Moss, T.O., Ricky Williams, etc. also make emotional decisions about playing the game of footall. These are the kind of guys who will one day just quit and walk away.

Guys like Brett Favre, Jerry Rice, and Emmitt Smith approach the game in a professional manner and play the game, that's why they are still playing after 15 years, or however many years.

Moss has another couple of years left before he goes nuts and just quits (just my opinion).

also, remember that early in his career favre was a party boy. used to show up for practices hungover and unable to participate and became an addict. professional? now maybe, but not when he was younger.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Scott MS said:
Moss seems to be best at doing things to make him controversial. Why not just catch the pass, raise the hands, and run off the field?

You have to admit, his decisions are kind of dumb (like walking off the field before the game ends). This guy seems like trouble. If he's on the block, don't trade him here.

Clueless and No Class. You don't do that, let alone in Lambau. The Vikes front office will seek to make this deal with Green. :eek: :mad:

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
also, remember that early in his career favre was a party boy. used to show up for practices hungover and unable to participate and became an addict. professional? now maybe, but not when he was younger.

True, but that was also before Favre became a super star. Since the Packers became good and won the Super Bowl win he has been a good guy and gets the usual Sunday and Monday Night Football comentator love fests.

I find it interesting, that if you look at all the "old fart" superstars in the NFL, they have done a good job managing their reputation. Guys like Favre, Montana, Elway, Emmitt Smith, and Jerry Rice have played a ton of years and had long careers. Yet, the media loves these guys -- they can do no wrong. These guys all got their head of straight and learned how to make love to the media early. I would think it has made it easier to continue playing without any distractions.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Scott MS said:
True, but that was also before Favre became a super star. Since the Packers became good and won the Super Bowl win he has been a good guy and gets the usual Sunday and Monday Night Football comentator love fests.

I thought Favre went to rehab right after he just won the MVP and the superbowl? I could be wrong but thats what I remember.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rick Telander

Moss, Vikes get down and potty

January 10, 2005

BY RICK TELANDER SUN-TIMES COLUMNIST

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- On a cold and fog-swept winter afternoon when Packers quarterback Brett Favre suddenly looked ready for the rocking chair, Vikings receiver Randy Moss looked ready for an X-rated funk-fest.

Moss had it all in the Vikings' 31-17 upset of the Pack.

The style -- four catches for a team-high 70 yards and two touchdowns.

The clothes -- a black, fringed Superman vest under his shoulder pads.

The hair -- a massive George Clinton-esque hay bale of an Afro that seemed to have a life of its own once released from the confines of its helmet.

And, of course, the attitude -- after his fourth-quarter, dagger-to-the-throat 34-yard score, Moss made a pantomime of pulling his pants down and apparently defecating a football for the pleasure of the stunned Lambeau Field crowd.

Word was, the celebration was deemed too unsettling to replay on Fox, the network broadcasting the game. And this is a channel that finds Paris Hilton, bad plastic surgery, shootings and bodily functions of all kinds suitable for the living room.

Moss, when you think about it, is a perfect candidate for his own Fox reality show.

Call it, "I Don't Give a Damn What Anybody Thinks,'' and envision the 6-4, 210-pound seventh-year man from Marshall going through a typical day being sullen, selfish, wildly talented, obnoxious and carefree.

Just last week, in the Vikings' 21-18 regular-season-ending loss to the Redskins, Moss left the field even as his teammates were lining up for the final play.

Media target

All week long the Minnesota media debated the worth of a superstar player who seems more immature and less team-oriented than a non-potty-trained 2-year-old.

But the Vikings never could have won without Moss.

Indeed, they had lost both their 2004 regular-season games against the Pack, by the same 34-31 score. And as a dome team, they are terrible in late-season outdoor games.

Thus, the dilemma.

"I don't even know what you're talking about,'' frazzled Vikings coach Mike Tice answered when asked his opinion of Moss' toilet behavior. (Oh, yes, Moss appeared to rub his backside on the goalpost after the initial pantomime.)

"You think I have one eye on the tunnel and one eye on him?''

Favre's four interceptions and sudden brittleness were the basic reason for the Packers' loss.

And the Vikings' usually porous defense held running back Ahman Green to 80 yards on 20 carries.

But the combination of big, elusive quarterback Daunte Culpepper and Moss was the straw that pierced the Packers' balloon.

Culpepper ran for 54 yards and completed 19 of 29 passes for 284 yards. He threw four touchdown passes and had no interceptions.

But it was the two scores to the controversial wideout that displayed a threat that no other team in the league has -- particularly now that the Eagles' Terrell Owens is out with a broken leg.

Moss' first touchdown catch, a 20-yarder that was beautifully underthrown in the right corner of the end zone so that the sticky-fingered Moss alone could reach back for it, came with only five minutes gone in the first quarter.

The Vikes were up 14-0, and the Packers were shellshocked.

The second score came late, when the Packers were hoping to rally. And it finished them.

So the Vikings remain troubled by Moss, who has had brushes with the law as well as belligerent and lackadaisical behavior spells, but they're nothing without him.

When Moss was injured with a bad hamstring this season, missing three full games and hobbling in two others, the Vikings went 2-3.

In this game, Moss ran a hook, then took off, raising his hand to indicate he was freelancing and open.

Culpepper hit him with that fourth-quarter dagger, and it's hard to think of another receiver who could have made the play so effortlessly. When Moss raises his hand, Culpepper said, "it means he's gonna run a go. He likes that. And he's deadly.''

Culpepper's opposite

As quality a professional as Culpepper is, Moss is his near-opposite.

"Great fortitude, great character,'' Tice said of Culpepper.

When asked about his receiver's bathroom antics, Culpepper said, "I didn't see it.'' He thought for a moment and added hopefully, "Maybe you didn't see it?''

Oh, but we did.

And here is Moss now, talking for once about his motivations and viewpoints.

First, he chewed out a Minneapolis sportswriter, saying, "I read your column, and I think you're full of s ---!''

Then he added, "I'm thinking of getting my own column next year. Maybe an obituary column.''

Really? you ask.

"Nah,'' he chuckles. "It'll be in the sports section.''

He says that his ridicule in the local papers last week was actually a good thing for his teammates.

"To be honest, we didn't hear much about the [upcoming Green Bay] game until the end of the week. It was all, 'Moss this' and 'Moss that.' Didn't hear anything about the Washington loss. All you heard about was Moss walking off the field. That's a relief, I guess.''

Whatever.

As he spoke, his unfettered Afro waved in the locker-room air like a trembling cumulus cloud.

"Hey, I can take it,'' he said of the criticism. "But if your wife and kids gotta wake up and look at this stuff? Me, personally, I can take it. But the family?''

He pulled on his T-shirt with Notorious B.I.G on it and put his silver chains on like a rap star. His celebration, he said, was "just for fun.''

Then he limped off to the bus.

For the record, Moss is not married.

And he will be fined.

chickenhead

Reaction score
I didn't think it was funny and here's why - after he caught the pass he started making his way towards the goalpost. His teammate intercepted him to celebrate. He gave the teammate a token hug or whatever, then continued back towards the goalpost. It took too long, and just looked so rehearsed. That's usually what gets me about these things...the way they can't pull it off without making you realize that they spent time thinking about it beforehand. I thought TO's pom-pom dance was good. The sharpie looked too planned. Joe Horn's phone call was clearly too planned. A high school theatre teacher would demand more.

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Randy Moss acted like an idiot. For all his talent, it is antics like this that people will remember. Randy should rent some film of the likes of Barry Sanders, Walter Payton, etc and see how a real professional acts when he does his job.

Celebrating is one thing, congratulating a person is one thing, celebrating a game time achievement is another. Pretending to moon the crowd is another. It was uncalled for and unprofessional. Do your job and let the results of your achievement speak for itself in the W and the advancing to the next round.

JMO

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
Chickenhead-

So you aren't offended as a sports fan, but as a fan of the theater and drama? :D

You're right though, it seems forced, and the teammate thing sucks, but I didn't notice it.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WisconsinCard said:
I thought Favre went to rehab right after he just won the MVP and the superbowl? I could be wrong but thats what I remember.

He did, Favre was so addicted to vicodin that he had to be taken off the practice field and rushed to the hospital to have an emergency procedure. If you've ever had surgery where they give you vicodin, they always give you another pill to take with it, to prevent the constipation that Vicodin is famous for. Favre was so constipated he had to go to the hospital and have a "procedure" to unblock the pipes. Apparently that was the final straw that convinced him he needed help.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
You would have thought he actually did pull down his pants the way the guy on TV was acting.

No kidding - missed the play - from the reactions, thought he really did!

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ben Maller's Sports Rumors & Notes
The latest sports news and rumors from nationally broadcast radio host Ben Maller.
Today's Rumors: College Rumors & Notes, MLB Rumors & Notes, NBA Rumors & Notes, NFL Rumors & Notes, Odd Notes & Stuff
Randy Moss moon dance banned from TV?

Randy Moss turned a touchdown catch and celebration into a moon dance during Sunday's Minnesota upset of the Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field.

BenMaller.com has learned from a mole that the NFL is not allowing TV networks like ESPN to air the videotape highlight of Moss doing the fake moon during highlight shows...

Developing...

You can watch the video online via TVgasm.com here:

RANDY MOSS MOON VIDEO

http://www.tvgasm.com/

Moss acts like an idiot,...... because he is an idiot

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
I felt that the yelling at the fans and his" MF scoreboard" several times with the camara on him was totally High School BS. I think that had it not been at Lambeau Field he would not have done his Goalpost routine. He planned it. It was childish and he will be fined. That being said if we have the chance to get him for our team. I want him here just like I would have wanted T.O. after all of his antics. These guys elevate teams. They can also bring them down but make everyone better on the field.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Rats said:
I felt that the yelling at the fans and his" MF scoreboard" several times with the camara on him was totally High School BS. I think that had it not been at Lambeau Field he would not have done his Goalpost routine. He planned it. It was childish and he will be fined. That being said if we have the chance to get him for our team. I want him here just like I would have wanted T.O. after all of his antics. These guys elevate teams. They can also bring them down but make everyone better on the field.

I agre 100%

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
I liked it, it was funny and original. As much junk fans talk to players it surprises me when a player actually gives it back a little all of sudden folks are all up in arms about it. Football is a game, it is suposed to be fun. To me I get to see more of the player's personality and individuality when these type of things happen and it brings the me into the game on a more personal level. Keep em comin Randy. :D

chickenhead

Reaction score
CardinalChris said:
Chickenhead-

So you aren't offended as a sports fan, but as a fan of the theater and drama? :D

You're right though, it seems forced, and the teammate thing sucks, but I didn't notice it.

:D Something like that. Who knows, maybe Flipper Anderson planned to to run straight into the tunnel after scoring the game-winning TD. But at the time it sure looked spontaneous, and has become a classic.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
To everyone who thought it was "funny" and "okay" what Moss did, let me ask you this. Would you want your son pantomiming mooning the crowd after he scored a Pop Warner touchdown?

I don't have a son, I have two daughters, but if my son did that I would kick his ass! IMO it was classless and disrespectful to the fans, his teammates, his opponents, and most importantly, to himself.

JMO.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't think it was as big of deal as made. If he did it in SDS I would throw something. But it was Funny!!!