I won't be watching the Cards on Monday

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Due to a recently diagnosed heart condition, my wife & son (MDCardsFan) have declared me inactive for Monday Night's game. I've been a Cardinal fan since 1964 & have had the NFL Ticket since '99, so it will be very difficult to miss this game. I'm meeting with the Cardiologist on Monday morning, but they want me stress-free until they can perform a catherization to isolate exactly what the problem is. I'm only 49, exercise regularly, I don't smoke, but unfortunately I have a family history of heart problems. Considering all the Cardinal losses I've seen, maybe this is what it will take for the Cardinals to thump the Niners. Keep me in your prayers!!!! GO CARDINALS!!!

nurnay

whatever
Reaction score
Bummer man, take care of yourself, the heart is nothing to mess with. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you.

freebyrd

Reaction score
it might be less stressful on you to just follow the game thread that will be on the board, otherwise check the updates after the game is over, hope all the best for you, they don't call us the cardiac cards for nothing

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not a praying man PACF, but I will be thinking about you and wish you all the best. Modern medicine has improved greatly concerning heart problems in the last few years and there are very few problems they can't fix. They cured my atrial fibrillation and I'm in better shape now than I was 10 years ago.

Just stay positive and I'll tell the Cards they need to win and win big so you won't have any stress when you do get to watch the game.:thumbup:

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Due to a recently diagnosed heart condition, my wife & son (MDCardsFan) have declared me inactive for Monday Night's game. I've been a Cardinal fan since 1964 & have had the NFL Ticket since '99, so it will be very difficult to miss this game. I'm meeting with the Cardiologist on Monday morning, but they want me stress-free until they can perform a catherization to isolate exactly what the problem is. I'm only 49, exercise regularly, I don't smoke, but unfortunately I have a family history of heart problems. Considering all the Cardinal losses I've seen, maybe this is what it will take for the Cardinals to thump the Niners. Keep me in your prayers!!!! GO CARDINALS!!!

If this doesn't fire up the players who may read this board to go out on Monday and spend a few hours knocking some 49er tum-tum's on their asses, then nothing will.

Hopefully they pull a win out of the hat for you (and us!)

And good luck, and get well soon!

young tone

5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!
Reaction score
Good luck on that and my thoughts and prayers go out to you, but go 49ers :thumbup:

Jaccoob

Cardinal Lunatic
Reaction score
My thoughts are of you and the family......Maybe im drinking grape kool-aid this morning......but i'm feeling this game will be totally stress free...Cards in a romp....Good luck buddy

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
PA, we got your back bro. I will be in full "step outside to scream expletives pillow punching taking a shot of whiskey to stop the agita" mode for you. :D

Best of luck to you!

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
All the best man...YOU ARE A CARDINAL FAN!!!!!...SO WE KNOW YOU WONT GIVE UP!!!!!

You said it all, Gamebird!

PACardsFan: I wish you a speedy and full return to health. You are a great member of this board...as is your son. The doctors will figure this thing out and keep you strong for many many years to come. Keep the faith!

You have not been put on the IR...you're still on the roster...and you'll be back on the field when you are ready! Please let us know when!

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
PACardsFan:

Tell the doctor it's probably from years of watching the Cardinals back when they were the Cardiac Cards :)

A little rest will probably help but tell the doctor we're not messing around, they're aren't enough of us that watch every week as it is we need you back in the fold ASAP!

:thumbup:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope you have a speedy recovery PA. You are a million x's more important to your family than any football game. I hope they win for ya.

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
Best wishes PA CARDs Fan; I wish God's speed to your recovery and you back on station in PA; the 12th man needs you!

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hey man I hope everything turns out ok and its nothing to serious but you defintally dont want to watch the cardinals if you have a heart condition thats for sure. Best of wishes

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Well if your a "glass is half FULL" kind of guy, then NOT being able to watch the Cards could be a blessing in disguise!

I guess the Cards are gonna have to start winning all the games so you can watch.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would just like to thank everyone who posted on this thread. My dad is the greatest, and a catylist of our family. There is no way that we could function without him. Luckily, I guess he understands that to a point because he went to the doctors and asked for the stress test that revealed all of this. He is the strongest person I have ever met and have no doubt he will pull through, no matter what the circumstances. Thanks again for all of your kind words, thoughts and prayers.

cardsfanmd

SeattleCard

Back in Arizona!!!
Reaction score
Prayers for healing man, sorry to hear it - hopefully the Cards get us a victory you can read about later.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
You said it all, Gamebird!

PACardsFan: I wish you a speedy and full return to health. You are a great member of this board...as is your son. The doctors will figure this thing out and keep you strong for many many years to come. Keep the faith!

You have not been put on the IR...you're still on the roster...and you'll be back on the field when you are ready! Please let us know when!

Agreed.... Keep your head up and let us do all of the yelling on this one.

We know you will be back at it shortly.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
speedy recovery PA. the cards can use all the healthy tickers they can get.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05