If Cowher retires...

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
His posistion will likely be filled with either Russ Grimm, or Ken Wisenhunt. I think we should make a push for which one doesn't get the Steeler's job IF Cowher Retires..

Reaction score
What If....

Per ESPN, Pittburgh's coach Bill Cowher might resign or be fired (I don't know which one's correct) after this year. The two analyst during the Fact or fiction segment mentioned he might sit out a year just to take a break from coaching.

So what if we keep Denny Green for one more chance since everything is starting to gel together. If he fails, we make a run for Cowher since I think he is a credible coach.

Keep in mind, I liked Green, but ever since that Monday Night fiasco, you could have counted on me to brown bag his pie and buy him the first ticket available out of AZ. But if you need time to build a legit team, maybe that's all he needs.

Last edited:

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Peter King speculated tonight on Inside the NFL that Wisenhunt would be the next Cardinals head coach.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Peter King speculated tonight on Inside the NFL that Wisenhunt would be the next Cardinals head coach.

On paper he's probably the best fit for the team. Green has changed the attitude of the team. What we need now is a quality coach that actually coaches the players, prepares for for the games and innvative in his play-calling.

ItsInTheCards

Bomb2Quan
Reaction score
His posistion will likely be filled with either Russ Grimm, or Ken Wisenhunt. I think we should make a push for which one doesn't get the Steeler's job IF Cowher Retires..

from what I've heard, neither are locks to be in Pittsburgh. Rooney may very well look outside the organization

and remember, he was the pioneer of this so called Rooney rule, so he'll be getting together resumes of a bunch of minority coaches I'd have to believe.

I'd be happy with either one here though, but probably would lean a bit more towards Whisenhunt because he's the one that calls the plays

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Here's a thought.

Why not stick with Denny in the last year of his contract, and unless it works out, make a blockbuster offer to Cowher after his one year hiatus.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Why retire when there's a chance you could coach the Cardianls and get paid for doing nothing?

seesred

Reaction score
I wouldn't want Cowher if he gets out of town. We have had our share of retreads. Ryan, Green, and Cowher now could come to do what others have done ,screw it up (Green can sure pick players though), while on vacation catching fish.
And then there are the first time head coaches, Mac, Buges, Tobin. That is why I would like a younger head coach like a Carrol that has done that , been there but has much to prove.

GBR

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Per ESPN, Pittburgh's coach Bill Cowher might resign or be fired (I don't know which one's correct) after this year. The two analyst during the Fact or fiction segment mentioned he might sit out a year just to take a break from coaching.

So what if we keep Denny Green for one more chance since everything is starting to gel together. If he fails, we make a run for Cowher since I think he is a credible coach.

Keep in mind, I liked Green, but ever since that Monday Night fiasco, you could have counted on me to brown bag his pie and buy him the first ticket available out of AZ. But if you need time to build a legit team, maybe that's all he needs.

There is no way Cowher gets fired. They wouldn't do that. However, they don't want a coach with a year to year possibility of retiring either. If Cowher wants to be back and not retire, there is no doubt the Steelers resign him. At any rate, Cowher is not going to retire for good. He is one of those guys that will take a break for a year or two then be back.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
There is no way Cowher gets fired. They wouldn't do that. However, they don't want a coach with a year to year possibility of retiring either. If Cowher wants to be back and not retire, there is no doubt the Steelers resign him. At any rate, Cowher is not going to retire for good. He is one of those guys that will take a break for a year or two then be back.

cowher has not been proven "certifiably crazy" so don't expect him here is he decides to step down and they drop paper on DG....think in terms of inexpensive and inexperienced as a succesful head coach...that way you won't be disappointed.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05