If the Cards Stay Put

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Assuming the Cards don’t trade the first pick (totally offer dependent) I believe they will take Bosa. The commitment to a 3-4 means my preference of Williams goes away. This is not to say he can’t anchor a 3-4, but he’ll be much more effective in a 4-3. What about Allen? He should be an outstanding NFL player as well. My preference to Bosa is all about scheme. Bosa can play a 3-4 DE and hold against the run as well as rush. The Cards could also drop Bosa into coverage and stunt, although he can’t be expected to cover deep. The Cards could also bring in 2 tackles and situationally play a 4-3. The used to do that often in the past when they typically ran a 3-4. The 4-3 would allow Bosa to rush more aggressively.

I still have some injury concerns about Bosa, but I’ve come to accept this is a gamble worth taking. I don’t think the Cards can trade down to 6 or 7 and have any hope of getting Allen BTW.

I still think the right offer could convince me to move down, but it’s looking doubtful that will occur. Murray has talent but despite KK’s comments I don’t see anyone paying big prices to move up to get him. Scouts are really divided about his NFL fit. Haskins will go first, but unless he stuns in workouts I don’t see anyone paying a big price to move to the Cards’ slot. They’re more likely to take the Jets spot.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Assuming the Cards don’t trade the first pick (totally offer dependent) I believe they will take Bosa. The commitment to a 3-4 means my preference of Williams goes away. This is not to say he can’t anchor a 3-4, but he’ll be much more effective in a 4-3. What about Allen? He should be an outstanding NFL player as well. My preference to Bosa is all about scheme. Bosa can play a 3-4 DE and hold against the run as well as rush. The Cards could also drop Bosa into coverage and stunt, although he can’t be expected to cover deep. The Cards could also bring in 2 tackles and situationally play a 4-3. The used to do that often in the past when they typically ran a 3-4. The 4-3 would allow Bosa to rush more aggressively.

I still have some injury concerns about Bosa, but I’ve come to accept this is a gamble worth taking. I don’t think the Cards can trade down to 6 or 7 and have any hope of getting Allen BTW.

I still think the right offer could convince me to move down, but it’s looking doubtful that will occur. Murray has talent but despite KK’s comments I don’t see anyone paying big prices to move up to get him. Scouts are really divided about his NFL fit. Haskins will go first, but unless he stuns in workouts I don’t see anyone paying a big price to move to the Cards’ slot. They’re more likely to take the Jets spot.

#7, a 2nd, and Jalen Ramsey?..... Ramsey and a 2nd sounds cheap to move back to 7 but it would fill a need very well and still leave us with a top pick.
I suggest this obviously because the Jags need a QB,...but rumors also say Ramsey isnt real happy in Jacksonville so they are likely gonna lose him when his contract is up anyway.
It might be a deal they would do.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
#7, a 2nd, and Jalen Ramsey?..... Ramsey and a 2nd sounds cheap to move back to 7 but it would fill a need very well and still leave us with a top pick.
I suggest this obviously because the Jags need a QB,...but rumors also say Ramsey isnt real happy in Jacksonville so they are likely gonna lose him when his contract is up anyway.

Jags are going after Foles - and will likely get him.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bosa does not play in a school small enough to draft him.
:iwa:

I call them "directional schools".

P S. There is not as much value gained by drafting Bosa over a trade down opportunity. This draft is saturated with d line and edge rushers with very little difference between any of them. I suspect it will be difficult to find a trade down partner without a QB future superstar candidate that teams will be lusting over.

Last edited:

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score

P S. There is not as much value gained by drafting Bosa over a trade down opportunity. This draft is saturated with d line and edge rushers with very little difference between any of them. I suspect it will be difficult to find a trade down partner without a QB future superstar candidate that teams will be lusting over.
Sounds like the 2005 (alex smith) draft, when nobody wanted to trade up for the #1 pick.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

That's MR. Assface.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
I Think it’s Way too early To conclude Anything.

I would Normally stay put and take the Best player, but Bosa’s injury history scares me. I would only Trade Down to #4. Make sure have a selection of several blue chippers

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
If Jax offered that deal, Keim should accept it faster than you can say Keim.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
:D
I would too. Everyone here is talking about Antonio Brown since our WR corp is not the greatest but Ramsey in the long run would be huge to acquire
Take that dream scenario a couple steps further.

Cards acquire Ramsey, draft Devin White 7th, trade 33 for AB, and draft best OL with Jax 2nd round pick.

Cards would’ve added Ramsey and White to the defense to go with AB and a OL to the offense.

They’d be contenders next year.

A guy can dream can’t he. :D

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
:D
Take that dream scenario a couple steps further.

Cards acquire Ramsey, draft Devin White 7th, trade 33 for AB, and draft best OL with Jax 2nd round pick.

Cards would’ve added Ramsey and White to the defense to go with AB and a OL to the offense.

They’d be contenders next year.

A guy can dream can’t he. :D

Not to mention caproom to improve the rest of the roster

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mel Kiper

1. Arizona Cardinals

Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State
General manager Steve Keim is going to have a chance to trade down and accumulate picks. He should take a look at it too, because this roster has been stripped of talent since the Cardinals went to the NFC Championship Game in 2016. But Bosa is going to be tough to pass up, as he is an elite pass-rusher. New defensive coordinator Vance Joseph is expected to switch this defense back to a 3-4, and Bosa has the versatility to play multiple spots. Give new coach Kliff Kingsbury a defensive stalwart opposite Chandler Jones who can get after Jared Goff, Russell Wilson and Jimmy Garoppolo twice a season.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Mel Kiper

1. Arizona Cardinals

Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State
General manager Steve Keim is going to have a chance to trade down and accumulate picks. He should take a look at it too, because this roster has been stripped of talent since the Cardinals went to the NFC Championship Game in 2016. But Bosa is going to be tough to pass up, as he is an elite pass-rusher. New defensive coordinator Vance Joseph is expected to switch this defense back to a 3-4, and Bosa has the versatility to play multiple spots. Give new coach Kliff Kingsbury a defensive stalwart opposite Chandler Jones who can get after Jared Goff, Russell Wilson and Jimmy Garoppolo twice a season.

One of the few times I have agreed with Mel Kiper. Take the best player available and make our defensive front a weapon that keeps opposing coaches watching game film all night

wkycardsfan

Rookie
Reaction score
As long as Bosa proves healthy at the Combine and Pro Day I could agree with it. I have no say in who we pick but if I did I would have to be comfortable with his ability to drop back into coverage in the 3-4. Unless we were gonna put an additional 15-20 pounds on him(would still be a little light) and use him as a DE in the 3-4. I'm old school I guess but I would ask why he pulled out of school after the injury as opposed to finishing the semester while rehabbing and remaining a part of team from the sidelines. In this day and age I guess those things are considered ok but I would want to know. Injured or not he checked out on his teammates. I would worry that he might check out on my team as well. To me that gives off a "me first" impression even more so than the guys who skipped the bowl games.

With the way things are headed someone should probably get the memo to Trevor Lawrence that he has already locked up the #1 overall pick in 2021. No need to risk an injury or show production just skip out on the next 2 seasons to secure your top spot now. Get with a QB guru and just train for the next 2 years to get ready for the 2021 NFL draft.

Last edited:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
As long as Bosa proves healthy at the Combine and Pro Day I could agree with it. I have no say in who we pick but if I did I would have to be comfortable with his ability to drop back into coverage in the 3-4. Unless we were gonna put an additional 15-20 pounds on him(would still be a little light) and use him as a DE in the 3-4. I'm old school I guess but I would ask why he pulled out of school after the injury as opposed to finishing the semester while rehabbing and remaining a part of team from the sidelines. In this day and age I guess those things are considered ok but I would want to know. Injured or not he checked out on his teammates. I would worry that he might check out on my team as well. To me that gives off a "me first" impression even more so than the guys who skipped the bowl games.

With the way things are headed someone should probably get the memo to Trevor Lawrence that he has already locked up the #1 overall pick in 2021. No need to risk an injury or show production just skip out on the next 2 seasons to secure your top spot now. Get with a QB guru and just train for the next 2 years to get ready for the 2021 NFL draft.

Bosa has the financial means to get the best rehab/training he can. If other players had that opportunity after a significant injury they would leave college mid-season as well. Why not do everything in your power to be as healthy/prepared as possible for the NFL?

wkycardsfan

Rookie
Reaction score
Bosa has the financial means to get the best rehab/training he can. If other players had that opportunity after a significant injury they would leave college mid-season as well. Why not do everything in your power to be as healthy/prepared as possible for the NFL?

And maybe Trevor Lawrence's family can afford the same for him. So let's apply the same logic for him and stay healthy for the next 2 years while preparing with a QB guru for the NFL? Whoever is the clubhouse leader as the #1 overall prospect currently in the 2020 draft should follow suit also. Bosa's family could have gotten him someone to work with on the side at Ohio St paid for by the family and still supported his teammates. We all know Lawrence isn't gonna check out and shut it down for the next 2 years and if he did many of the same people falling over Bosa would call Lawrence out. The reason is production does still matter, leadership matters and showing up in big games against top opponents (like Lawrence did in the championship game) matters.

So what is Bosa going to do if he is 85-90% on gameday pull himself out to protect his future earnings? What if we are 4-9 going into the last 3 games of the season and a he is a little dinged up? Is he gonna check out going into his last season before free agency? If I'm an owner investing the #1 overall pick and millions of dollars into this guy I would damn sure wanna know. His brother held out of training camp going into his rookie season (no rookies hold out anymore except him) so more red flags for that camp.

wkycardsfan

Rookie
Reaction score
I know it seems I am anti-Bosa and I'm truly not. He deserved to be the #1 prospect coming into the season and if he shows up between now and Draft night he will deserve to be the #1 pick. Proclaiming him as a "Generational talent" or "by far the best player in this draft" today is insane. The man is coming off of a season ending injury and no one has seen him doing football activities since September. If we take him #1 overall on Draft night I hope he is all of those things. I just can't agree with the message that get's sent to all college players that he locked up #1 overall in 2019 draft off production from 2016 & 2017 seasons while checking out on the 2018 season.