I'll be the first to say it.

mr_sunshine

Veteran
Reaction score
He's too content with hording his timeouts until the end of the game. Seriously... it has to be like a 10-0 run for him to use one. Meanwhile Potabitch called one when Nash hit a 3 to drop the lead to 17. That's good game management. :\

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I don't know if they should fire him, but they should "encourage" him to stop this 7-man rotation crap.

Arctic

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You won't be the last to say it either.

Hat

Return of the Dragon!
Reaction score
Yeh it's time for a new coach. 3 times to the playoffs, and still not a title.

Enough already....

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
I will have to agree. Never liked D'Antoni's time management and my pet peeve with him is not using enough bench. He is a terrific guy and has brought excitement to the team but he has issues that are hurting the team.

btimsah

My Name Is Robert!
Reaction score
Fire D'Antoni!!! As long as he is coaching we will not win the title.

I don't agree. Without the suspension were right there and have a shot to win this in game 7.

I also don't think people realize that a lot of the guys the Suns have on this team are not that good if you take them out of D'antoni's system with Nash.

We need big time players and playmakers around Amare and Nash. Joe Johnson in my mind is the kind of guy were missing now. A pure scorer who can fill it up from the filled. A RAY ALLEN. Get him!!

Espo

Lets Go Suns
Reaction score
How about Coach D as full time GM and Iveroni as coach?

OP
OP
Crash

Crash

Registered
Reaction score
He's too content with hording his timeouts until the end of the game. Seriously... it has to be like a 10-0 run for him to use one. Meanwhile Potabitch called one when Nash hit a 3 to drop the lead to 17. That's good game management. :\

That and not useing the bench to the full extent. I'm not just talking about game 5 either. If he plays those players all season. Then they will be ready when it counts. He is not the guy that is going to get us where we want to be. I love watching the Suns style, but it will not will the title. Easy as that!

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Great job by D'Antoni never working Jalen Rose or Marcus Banks in the rotation might have been useful, at least he re-discovered Thomas and he actually performed well.

kps0001

Warriors Come Out And Plaaaay!
Reaction score
bye Mike. Your constant refusal to use our bench players during the regular season and your inablity to get us over the hump for the past years leads to your demise. YOu claim we are more talented than the Spurs so this is all on you!!! You whine too much and it leads to whining by our players. I tried to deny that all along but it is apparent his softness trickled down.

Van Gundy got fired today lets bring em in and build some defense here...can't hurt.

just do it

Registered
Reaction score
That actually starts by keeping 1st rd picks, and I will tell you that I sure would of liked seeing Tim Thomas spreading the floor for amare. Maybe we can swing that trade with Seattle for Lewis and maybe Ridnour. Lewis fits this style much better at least on O. Marion is a good help defender and getting steals but one on one is avg at best and he disapears in the playoffs, who was gaurding him? Say what you want about Amare but him and Nash are the only ones with skills and balls.

mribnik

Reaction score
Great job by D'Antoni never working Jalen Rose or Marcus Banks in the rotation might have been useful, at least he re-discovered Thomas and he actually performed well.

I don't understand why he won't even think about using one of those players in a limited situation. At the end of the first half the Spurs had the ball with 23 seconds left. Why not substitute Banks in for Nash at that point just for defense? Obviously that alone wouldn't change a game, but those little things could certainly help.

Sunsfan2308

Reaction score
I know everyone is bummed as I am too. But I think we took a huge step in this series and with possibly having 3 picks in the 1st round. I think we will even be better next year.

kps0001

Reaction score
I know everyone is bummed as I am too. But I think we took a huge step in this series and with possibly having 3 picks in the 1st round. I think we will even be better next year.

really...I think we took a huge step backward. Where did we show anything in this series that would lead you to believe that coach D can get us to the championship?

Diawsome

Registered
Reaction score
bye Mike. Your constant refusal to use our bench players during the regular season and your inablity to get us over the hump for the past years leads to your demise. YOu claim we are more talented than the Spurs so this is all on you!!! You whine too much and it leads to whining by our players. I tried to deny that all along but it is apparent his softness trickled down.

Van Gundy got fired today lets bring em in and build some defense here...can't hurt.

Jeff Van Gundy? No thanks, the guy graduated with honors from the Dick Bennett school of basketball. Next to Larry Brown he would be the worst guy you could have coaching this team.

Sunsfan2308

Reaction score
really...I think we took a huge step backward. Where did we show anything in this series that would lead you to believe that coach D can get us to the championship?

Well if you think we took a step backwards, don't look at the Mavericks. Who is better then us in the West besides San Antonio. We need to get another big man other then Kurt Thomas.

kps0001

Reaction score
Jeff Van Gundy? No thanks, the guy graduated with honors from the Dick Bennett school of basketball. Next to Larry Brown he would be the worst guy you could have coaching this team.

We have the offense and I don't care how many people say we have improved defensively we aren't even close to being able to say our defense can get us to a championship. I am not saying Van Gundy is the answer but he would definitely bring us a different style and disciplined play on defense.

D'antoni's style will never get us there. Sorry.

kps0001

Reaction score
Well if you think we took a step backwards, don't look at the Mavericks. Who is better then us in the West besides San Antonio. We need to get another big man other then Kurt Thomas.

I don't think we would have gotten past Utah if we beat the Spurs. They play to physical and disciplined which is what you have to do in the post season. It has long been known nationwide that the Suns style is inferior in the postseason. Our team is built for 60 wins in the reg. season and never a trip to the finals. Its reality.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05