I'm Done with the Suns

The Man In Black

Registered
Reaction score
Believe what you want, but the results speak for themselves.
He can make that shot, but why do it when you have Ginobili, Finley, Barry, and Bowen who make them in the flow of your offense?

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Believe what you want, but the results speak for themselves.
He can make that shot, but why do it when you have Ginobili, Finley, Barry, and Bowen who make them in the flow of your offense?
Sure, even Skinner makes a 3 once in 4 years... I'm not questioning the results. The Spurs won, plain and simple. It is just hilarious when you guys come on to pretend: (a) it was a drawn play; (b) Duncan is a reliable 3 point shooter (which is what you are implying with your arguments). You are wrong on both, sorry.

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
lol @ this thread i made one like this playing around during reg season.. i'm pretty shocked that you are serious considering it was game 1 and we didn't even nearly play our best basketball..

anyhow you are a bad fan.. you want a winning team watch womens college basketball.. i think tennessee wins it almost every other year..

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
and LMAO @ spurs fans calling that duncan 3 strategic.. 'i've heard some whoppers in my time but that tops them all'

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
If Duncan is such a clutch three-point shooter, how come he's never bothered to make one that would enable the Spurs to repeat? You trolls act like the Spurs have won every title since Duncan came aboard. The record is impressive, but you still lose more than you win.

And even if the Spurs survive this series, there's no way they're winning this year's title. They aren't very good anymore, and if the Suns lose to them, it only means the Suns are worse.

passenger

Let's get Nashty
Reaction score
blah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blah :(

blah blah blah blah blah!

Cicart

Rookie
Reaction score
For the record Pop said in a post game interview that Duncan was the third option on that play...so it may have been strategic, but it wasn't the main strategy.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That I cannot argue but it wasn't "strategic"... It was the first 3 made in the season. I don't know how many he attempted. It WAS a prayer that got answered.

Really stupid on Suns part. They should have fouled, both at the end of regulation and end of first OT.
:thumbup: You are correct sir!

AnonymouslyKnown

Registered
Reaction score
............................................I really want to say something but nothing is coming out.................you...................i...........................seriously!?

OP
OP
goldseraph

goldseraph

Irrelevance Sucks :(
Reaction score
:violin:

ONE loss and this? NEVER call yourself a fan again. Pathetic

too bad its not just one loss, I know we'd all like to think that. Series is over. Window for championship is closing/closed. D'antoni is the worst coach in the league, and the franchise is cursed/inept.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've suffered with this team since the Finals against the Celtics. I can understand the angst, but I just can't walk away. It's pointless to even think about it.

ozzfloyd

The Carp
Reaction score
too bad its not just one loss, I know we'd all like to think that. Series is over. Window for championship is closing/closed. D'antoni is the worst coach in the league, and the franchise is cursed/inept.

If the Suns have hurt you so bad why the hell are you wasting your energy on here being a *******? Go over to Spurstalk and get the hell out of here with your whining.

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score

Are you serious?

Did diantoni make the refs call some silly fouls early on Shaq and Amare? What if the plays he drew up were successful? Did he make a mistake leaving duncan open? I'd say 99/100 would say NO.

Come on. If you want to be here and complain, don't bother. Get off the Poster-coaster, and stay with the team or just leave (Since you are done with the suns)

Sure the loss hurts, and there are some things to work on. The Spurs had to play out of their minds to win in 2OT's. They it big shots, we didn't. They deserve the credit moe than anything.

Let your emotions cool, and come back in a few days.

You must be registered for see images

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
I can't take it anymore. I'm tired of being the 'Lovable Loser', having been a Suns fan since the early 90s. I had my heart torn out as a kid when the KJ Suns lost every year in the playoffs, often in heart wrenching fashion. Then the debacle last year with Sterngate, and losing to the hated Spurs again.

And then there was today, a new bloody chapter in our history of ineptitude.
A 16 pt lead in the third quarter. A 5 point lead in overtime. Two chances to foul and stop the game-tying 3 pointer, twice they opt to just 'give them the shot' and thusly lose the game. Then there's the missed FT's, three in a row by Shaq 'I'll make em when they count' O'Neal , and a miss by Nash. Ugh.

I don't even wanna watch the rest of the series. This was our game to win, we blew it in Suns fashion, allowing a Ginobili layup lane and botching every chance. I need to find a new team to root for :(

I'm gonna skip all the replies cause I already know you're getting blasted by the self righteous who think any doubt at all is unacceptable. I'm just going to offer one bit of advice as an Arizona Cardinals fan that's been in this same boat many times. Losing sucks, it does, and it always will. It's hard to watch your team lose, especially in the playoffs. But if you take a minute to relax and breathe in, you'll realize that the only reason it bothers you this much, the only reason it makes you sick in the pit of your stomach, is because deep inside you, you love your team. That doesn't go away, trust me, I have tried. It's hard to stick with your team when things aren't going the right way, but whatever you do, don't listen to all the angry forum fans who are going to blast you and try and pretend they don't have the exact same doubts you do. We all have those doubts, regardless of who we root for, I know I sure as hell do.

When you need some re-assurance, this is the absolute wrong forum to post in. You're going to get attacked and shredded, let it go. Take a breath, and turn on game two on Tuesday, and I guarantee you you'll be right back in it, rooting for the Suns. If you're gonna give up, don't pick now, cause I'll let you in on a little secret..

The Suns are going to win the series in 6 games.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm glad everyone got to vent a little in this thread but it's time to chill out now. There's nothing left to argue here and it's going to start getting personal. Thread is locked for the rest of the day.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Keep in mind, while we didnt win, this was the second best scenario would could have hoped for.

The first game against the defending champs requires their center to chuck up a prayer from the 3 line.

what are you talking about? there is no "second best scenario" in a playoff game. there is a good scenario - win. and there is a bad scenario - lose. guess which we did?

i cannot believe some of you are at the point where you're turning to moral victories. do you guys celebrate a moral championship? ridiculous.

at the end of the day sports, that are not being played but merely viewed are about two things. the first is entertainment, yeah, we got out money's worth from that angle, but so did everyone else watching that game, suns fan or not. the second is winning. we don't have that. there is no "second best scenario."

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
To be quite frank, the Suns are better off without "fans" like you.

this coming from the guy who doesn't root for a team, but roots for any team with a certain player on it? c'mon dude . . . you have no place to talk in this thread. move along, nothing for you to see here . . . that dude has had his heart ripped out by the suns for years . . . you've been here less than 4 months.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
y
I'm gonna skip all the replies cause I already know you're getting blasted by the self righteous who think any doubt at all is unacceptable. I'm just going to offer one bit of advice as an Arizona Cardinals fan that's been in this same boat many times. Losing sucks, it does, and it always will. It's hard to watch your team lose, especially in the playoffs. But if you take a minute to relax and breathe in, you'll realize that the only reason it bothers you this much, the only reason it makes you sick in the pit of your stomach, is because deep inside you, you love your team. That doesn't go away, trust me, I have tried. It's hard to stick with your team when things aren't going the right way, but whatever you do, don't listen to all the angry forum fans who are going to blast you and try and pretend they don't have the exact same doubts you do. We all have those doubts, regardless of who we root for, I know I sure as hell do.

When you need some re-assurance, this is the absolute wrong forum to post in. You're going to get attacked and shredded, let it go. Take a breath, and turn on game two on Tuesday, and I guarantee you you'll be right back in it, rooting for the Suns. If you're gonna give up, don't pick now, cause I'll let you in on a little secret..

The Suns are going to win the series in 6 games.

you're the man darth, that made me feel better and im not even too worried. but this guy needs to go away, he's just a trolling spurs fan at this point now. if he's done with the suns, be done, but if not, was he expecting us to say ohhh yea i know i was sad too.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
y

you're the man darth, that made me feel better and im not even too worried. but this guy needs to go away, he's just a trolling spurs fan at this point now. if he's done with the suns, be done, but if not, was he expecting us to say ohhh yea i know i was sad too.

he's venting. let him vent. why turn your vehemence on someone who's hurting for the same reason you're hurting. save the venom for spurs fans.

Djaughe

Reaction score
...I'm considering the Hornets or something more benign.
The freakin Hornets?! :thud:

After one game? :slap:

Take a break and let Darth Llama's words of wisdom sink in...and may I suggest perhaps this...

You must be registered for see images