I'm drained

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
What an emotional roller coaster over the past few days. They fumble, we fumble, Leinart starts, Warner starts....between this and work, my head is like scrambled eggs right now.

Being a Cardinal fan is hard work!

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You and me both. I was in the middle of a long post about this very same thing, but decided against it as it would not make me feel any better. Oh well.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Nice attempt at distraction DG, can you feel the flames on your large buttocks?

Warner or Leinart, whoever, better start spitting out W's or you'll be back shagging the leaks not leaking them.

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
Nice attempt at distraction DG, can you feel the flames on your large buttocks?

Warner or Leinart, whoever, better start spitting out W's or you'll be back shagging the leaks not leaking them.

How is it Greens fault? How can he control what dipsh!t Chad Mortenson reports?

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
How is it Greens fault? How can he control what dipsh!t Chad Mortenson reports?

Well he worked there, the rumor lasted until today and got splashed on MNF, I highly doubt that was just some guy spreading an assumption, I think someone who would know leaked that falsehood on purpose.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
y'all take the Cards wayyyyyyy too seriously. Come on guys - are you honestly drained by all of this? It's so ridiculously entertaining. The Cardinals have elevated NFL football to an artform of hilarity.

it's just a game.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
y'all take the Cards wayyyyyyy too seriously. Come on guys - are you honestly drained by all of this? It's so ridiculously entertaining. The Cardinals have elevated NFL football to an artform of hilarity.

it's just a game.

While I can agree that it is just a game I think you are really selling this thing short. When you are a fan and you spend your hard earned money on a product and invest your emotions in a team it hurts when they completely make an ass out of themselves. You feel slighted. You question your faith. Why continue to believe in a loser? Why subject yourself to the ridicule? Why show emotion when management never seems to do so?

I cheer for them IN SPITE OF management.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While I can agree that it is just a game I think you are really selling this thing short. When you are a fan and you spend your hard earned money on a product and invest your emotions in a team it hurts when they completely make an ass out of themselves. You feel slighted. You question your faith. Why continue to believe in a loser? Why subject yourself to the ridicule? Why show emotion when management never seems to do so?

I cheer for them IN SPITE OF management.

I know, but come on - it's just a game! I understand showing a ridiculous amount of emotion DURING the game - believe me, every week people are staring at me in bars whilke I am literally SCREAMING at the television as Ouchie kind of looks the other way, burying his face in his beer, but once the game's over, you gotta be able to put it behind you - ESPECIALLY since we KNOW WHO WE ROOT FOR!

I don't question my faith because I really don't have any (until Leinart steps in - and if HE ultimately fails, well, then it might be time to call it quits because then the Cardinals will have proven through EVERY MEANS NECESSARY that there is no possible hope that they could ever be good). Clif, you often label me as a pessmist and it's okayt that you do, but I've got to tell you - I've you got low expectations, the aftermath ain't nearly as painful and low expectations for a football game doesn't control the rest of your life in the lead up to yet another horrific/hialrious loss.

OP
OP
C

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I've tried being a fan like that cheese...I just can't do it. Maybe I need therapy?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe I need therapy?

sorry dude - I can only do so much! Apparently I gave good advice on the everything else board about woman - and the Cardinals are kind of like Woman - they're just freaking heartbreakers! Every last damn one of them! :)

Trader, I know you're a diehard, but how long have you been a fan of the squad - this isn't a question asked to slight you or anything, I'm just curious.

OP
OP
C

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
sorry dude - I can only do so much! Apparently I gave good advice on the everything else board about woman - and the Cardinals are kind of like Woman - they're just freaking heartbreakers! Every last damn one of them! :)

Trader, I know you're a diehard, but how long have you been a fan of the squad - this isn't a question asked to slight you or anything, I'm just curious.

Since '89.

OP
OP
C

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I guess the better question is this: How much longer can you do THIS?

The problem is, every new year brings new hope(dillusional?), and every Sunday I can't help from loving the team again(usually until after the game).

I could never cheer for another team, so I imagine the answer is: forever.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I've tried being a fan like that cheese...I just can't do it. Maybe I need therapy?

:clapping:

I hear you, I tire of this, I've honestly gotten enough "laughs" out of this thing, time for some nice moments to cherish in my old age.

It was cute when ESPN couldn't find our draft pick in their draft list they had all nice and neat in notebook form, it was cute when we served up the worst MNF game of all time that ended in a TIE because our kicker couldn't make a field goal.

It was nice watching a futile last second field goal sail wide for a shot at the playoffs when I was in college.

It was cute watching our team be the only team playing in a college football stadium.

It was cute watching a sure shot hall of fame all time leading rusher be reduced to tears over this team.

It ceased being cute when Warner fumbled that ball, that did it for me this !@!#$ aint funny ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I know, but come on - it's just a game! I understand showing a ridiculous amount of emotion DURING the game - believe me, every week people are staring at me in bars whilke I am literally SCREAMING at the television as Ouchie kind of looks the other way, burying his face in his beer, but once the game's over, you gotta be able to put it behind you - ESPECIALLY since we KNOW WHO WE ROOT FOR!

I don't question my faith because I really don't have any (until Leinart steps in - and if HE ultimately fails, well, then it might be time to call it quits because then the Cardinals will have proven through EVERY MEANS NECESSARY that there is no possible hope that they could ever be good). Clif, you often label me as a pessmist and it's okayt that you do, but I've got to tell you - I've you got low expectations, the aftermath ain't nearly as painful and low expectations for a football game doesn't control the rest of your life in the lead up to yet another horrific/hialrious loss.

Isn't sports supposed to be entertaining? Uplifting? Fun? Why would I expect my team to stink year after year and expect to enjoy myself? That is what kills me about you. I don't question your fandom.. I really don't have anything against you personally.. because I don't know you. I just don't get how you can feel good about feeling so down about this team.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
:clapping:

It ceased being cute when Warner fumbled that ball, that did it for me this !@!#$ aint funny ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oddly, I didn't get that upset with the fumble. I believe years and years of this stuff has finally numbed me (and quite honestly I was expecting a fumbled snap on the field goal try). We'll look back and laugh at this someday as Leinart is breaking all the Cardinal records.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isn't sports supposed to be entertaining? Uplifting? Fun? Why would I expect my team to stink year after year and expect to enjoy myself? That is what kills me about you. I don't question your fandom.. I really don't have anything against you personally.. because I don't know you. I just don't get how you can feel good about feeling so down about this team.

Dude, if you don't think the Cardinals are entertaining for good or bad, I don't know what to say to you. And I enjoy myself because I LOVE FOOTBALL - PERIOD. And because I'm from Arizona, I HAVE to love the Cardinals because they are ARIZONA FOOTBALL.

As far as your last sentence, what makes you think I feel GOOD about feeling down about this team. I don't - I don't feel ANYTHING about being down on this team. It is what it is and what it is is something OUTSIDE OF MY CONTROL - I'm not going to let something that I have zero control over have an effect on the rest of my life. Ulitmately, it's entertainment and it's awesome. Is life a little better when they win, hell yeah! No one likes taking a beating three hours every Sunday, but once that's over, I'll be damned if I'm going to let the Cardinals ruin one more minute of my life. That just doesn't make sense to me.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since '89.

damn - well, okay, here's my go at it - my first Cardinals game was the MNF against Dallas back in 1988 - my Dad and I skipped Rosh Hashana dinner with my best friend and his father and went to the game. At the end of the first half, and mind you I was only 12 at the time, hardly a football afficianado - we ran a fake field from like the 25 yard line and I can remember this CLEAR AS DAY - it was a fake field goal that had Al Del Greco RUNNING with the ball - for what - a touchdown from the 25? I have no idea, but I just remember him getting spun around a little bit and all of a sudden he was running forwards BACKWARDS.

That was my introduction to Cardinals football - even as a 12 year old I knew something was fishy with this team - maybe that explains it.

oh, we lost by a field goal in that game - 17-14.

krispydude

\_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_
Reaction score
this will cheer you up, i just cant help but laugh over and over. especially when the lineman turns around and is waving bono along. he musta been laughing like "wtf, where is everyone"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DZ74CTsohg

i was like 13 years old at that game. i knew it was bad, just seeing so much older, u really understand how bad it was

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
my first Cardinals game was the MNF against Dallas back in 1988 - we ran a fake field from like the 25 yard line and I can remember this CLEAR AS DAY - it was a fake field goal that had Al Del Greco RUNNING with the ball - for what - a touchdown from the 25? I have no idea, but I just remember him getting spun around a little bit and all of a sudden he was running forwards BACKWARDS.

That was my introduction to Cardinals football - even as a 12 year old I knew something was fishy with this team - maybe that explains it.

oh, we lost by a field goal in that game - 17-14.

I remember Dan Dierdorf saying right after that play "Phoenix - welcome to Cardinal football" (or something like that). Just the way he said it was hilarious.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
this will cheer you up, i just cant help but laugh over and over. especially when the lineman turns around and is waving bono along. he musta been laughing like "wtf, where is everyone"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DZ74CTsohg

i was like 13 years old at that game. i knew it was bad, just seeing so much older, u really understand how bad it was

Dude, that's priceless.

That play only happens to ONE TEAM IN THE UNIVERSE!

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score

Classic. Bono from U2 could have scored on that play.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Dude, if you don't think the Cardinals are entertaining for good or bad, I don't know what to say to you. And I enjoy myself because I LOVE FOOTBALL - PERIOD. And because I'm from Arizona, I HAVE to love the Cardinals because they are ARIZONA FOOTBALL.

As far as your last sentence, what makes you think I feel GOOD about feeling down about this team. I don't - I don't feel ANYTHING about being down on this team. It is what it is and what it is is something OUTSIDE OF MY CONTROL - I'm not going to let something that I have zero control over have an effect on the rest of my life. Ulitmately, it's entertainment and it's awesome. Is life a little better when they win, hell yeah! No one likes taking a beating three hours every Sunday, but once that's over, I'll be damned if I'm going to let the Cardinals ruin one more minute of my life. That just doesn't make sense to me.

I didn't say you found joy in the misery. In fact I never said that I let them ruin my life. Maybe in my younger days, but I still want and expect this team to improve and win. I just think having low expectations is a cop out. That is depressing. Please don't take that personal. I have actual come to appreciate your passion I just don't agree with your viewpoint. We see the same things we just describe them differently. I expect greatness and will accept nothing less. You expect the losing to continue and yes you want them to win but man I just can't get with that.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't say you found joy in the misery. In fact I never said that I let them ruin my life. Maybe in my younger days, but I still want and expect this team to improve and win. I just think having low expectations is a cop out. That is depressing. Please don't take that personal. I have actual come to appreciate your passion I just don't agree with your viewpoint. We see the same things we just describe them differently. I expect greatness and will accept nothing less. You expect the losing to continue and yes you want them to win but man I just can't get with that.

having low expectations is a COP-OUT?! It's REALITY BASED. i expect the losing to continue because I have yet to see otherwise.

You expect greatness FOR NO APPPARENT REASON - that doesn't make sense to me.

You know who I expected greatness from? Amare Stoudemire going into last season - you know why? Because he SHOWED me the ability to be great - thus, when he went down I WAS CRUSHED - HOPES DASHED - but there was a reason for it. Just as there's a reason for my expectations on this team.

To say it's a cop out not to expect anything from a team which has been miserable for 50 years is ridiculous and an insult IMO.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was a play in Sunday's 49er game that was nearly as hysterical as that Bono play. Gore got drilled at the 1 yard line and fumbled(again). Mike Patterson picked it up and ran 98 yards for a TD. There were 2 Eagles in front blocking and ONE 49er the entire time, Alex Smith, who ran backwards trying to figure out how to get around the 2 blockers before finally making a half hearted dive/flop avoiding any real contact.

Vernon Davis was chasing but pulled up lame, he now has a broken leg and is out 4 weeks, apparently it was hurting him earlier in the game but he played through it until giving chase on that play. THe other 9 players for SF including the wr's were never at all in the play, not one of them gave chase that you can see they just watched the 300 pound Patterson jog for a TD.

I guess the difference is 2 49ers got hurt on the play, Gore apparently has a stomach injury although he'll play Sunday. In the Bono play nobody got hurt, they just all apparently never noticed that Bono didn't hand the ball off. Can you imagine if that Buddy Ryan team had played the Broncos of last year under Kubiak with all that bootleg stuff? Jake might have had 4 rushing TD's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05