I'm freaking excited

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Seriously, I have never been more excited about a draft as I am with this one for the Cardinals. Maybe knowing we have a QB who at least can be seen as a legit NFL starter has me drinking the Kool Aid but dang...I would even be happy with Austin as the first pick now LOL

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I am also excited.

I think I am more excited about replacing not only the coaching staff. But most importantly Graves with Keim, who so far has been aggressive, and made some solid moves.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I am also excited.

I think I am more excited about replacing not only the coaching staff. But most importantly Graves with Keim, who so far has been aggressive, and made some solid moves.

That's the way I've been viewing this off season. Keim has been a total breath of fresh air

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I was more excited 2 years ago when we were teetering between Von Miller or Patrick Peterson. Either way, it was an elite player.

But I am stoked for this draft. Unfortunately, I can also the this draft going HORRIBLY. lol.

As long as we go:
Oline
Oline
Oline

Everything will be OK

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I agree with a lot of the statements in here.

I'm excited to have a proven good QB under center for the first time since Warner. Especially because it makes it so we don't need to burn a high pick reaching for a QB

I'm excited to have Whiz & Co. out and BA's staff in. Whiz utterly failed this organization on the offensive side of the ball in the hiring of Mike Miller, Russ Grimm and likely the hiring of a QB coach for our WRs and a WR coach for our QBs (though it wasn't like they much opportunity to do anything last season regardless. BA is a breath of fresh air. He did great in Indy last year as HC. He coaches to players' strengths instead of trying to force a square peg through a round hole. And most importantly, he got us an O-Line STAFF. Not just one coach that would rather watch Bruce Springsteen over rallying his troops from a halftime deficit in the most important game this franchise has ever played in

I'm excited to finally be rid of last second, piss of the players and bury the franchise GM Rod Graves. And replace him with Steve Keim. While Keim was part of Graves' staff, and it's possible he won't be any better. I don't think it's possible for him to be any worse. And just the moves he's made this offseason are better than Graves has been

I'm excited to see a draft class loaded with talent at positions of the most need for us

this season is pivotal. I think the FO has done a great job with what they had to work with this offseason. Now, the biggest test, the draft. I expect good things. This team could really load up with young talent

seesred

Reaction score
Excited would be an understatement!
QB vastly improved
WR back in the game
RB upgrade
Depth especially special teams
Work in progress O-line will be done
Work in progress defense with the major parts in place
Coach of the year in place
Very active FO moving the chains and getting our $$ in place for this and years to come

Very excited..How many games will we win I have no idea. But, with a little luck!!!!

GBR

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im convinced.. Either BA is the great Houdini or POS.. Aint no in between.. We will soon find out..

Of all the crap I talk.. I hope I am wrong.. I honestly do..

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
QB vastly improved
WR back in the game
RB upgrade
Very active FO moving the chains and getting our $$ in place for this and years to come

Very excited..How many games will we win I have no idea. But, with a little luck!!!!

GBR

IMO, the running game has not improved. They just replace one injury prone player for another. The front office needs to take a history lesson from the past 3 season. The Cardinals have been starting their 3rd 4th and 5th string RB early in the season. They need to draft a RB who doesn't have a history of being injured.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
QB vastly improved
WR back in the game
RB upgrade

GBR

:yeahthat:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I was excited when the Cards picked up Carson Palmer. Then DWash got suspended and the Kool Aid balloon deflated.

The Defense which was suspect before is now playing with one hand tied behind its back for the first 4 weeks.

Oh well, I like 35-33 games.

That doesn't impact the draft excitement though. But I'm not a big draft guy since most of the guys selected won't be on the team 3-5 years from now. 2005-2009 only 3 players left out of 34 selected.

And it doesn't matter either. The Titans had 9 starters last year drafted between 2007-2009 and 5 more still on the roster for 14 total and they won one more game than we did. :p

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I love the draft, but this class seems pretty underwhelming in a lot of areas. It reminds me a lot of the 2005 class, I'm not expecting a whole hell of a lot.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get excited for every draft. Just like I get excited for the start of every preseason. Just like I get excited for each opening day. I'm not very bright.

Steve

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Lets see how excited you guys are after the Cards pass on Oline with the 1st 3 picks :D

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I am excited just to get a further view of the direction this team is going. How concerned are they with the offensive line, and how do they really feel about Levi Brown and Bobby Massie? How concerned are they with the RB and TE positions? How much priority do they put on OLB and S? Where do they feel this roster has depth?

All of these questions get answered at the draft IMO.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I get excited for every draft. Just like I get excited for the start of every preseason. Just like I get excited for each opening day. I'm not very bright.

Steve

:biglaugh:

It's not a measure of intelligence, at least that's my story and I'm sticking it to it.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, mine too.

But she's a Jets fan so I have a come back. :D

I feel for you but I think I have you beat. My wife is a lifelong Patriots fan. Of course, somewhere out there is a Cards fan married to a Cowboys fan so at least we have something to be grateful about.

Steve

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I feel for you but I think I have you beat. My wife is a lifelong Patriots fan. Of course, somewhere out there is a Cards fan married to a Cowboys fan so at least we have something to be grateful about.

Steve

Yep you win. Freaking Pats are in the playoffs every year. Jets have a good year or two now and then but nothing to feel superior about.

I dislike Notre Dame and the Yankees and my wife is a fan of both. Love over comes all ............except being a Cowboys fan. Seriously, I wouldn't date let alone marry a Cowboys fan and I don't care what horny super model we are talking about.

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
I'm petrified of this draft. I have a bad feeling they'll take Levi 2.0 Johnson and pass on the next Hutchinson in Warmack.

ndhillst

Rookie
Reaction score
I just got my pass for the Cardinals' draft events. I'm so pumped up for this draft I can barely stand it.

Oh, and I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that if Jordan or Mingo are there (possibly Ansah, but less likely), they will be our pick at #7 My gut (which is usually wrong) tells me we'll go Oline in round 2 or 3.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'll only be excited if we go oline. Then I'll know we're serious about building something long term from the inside out. You have to build a foundation before you build the house, and for too long we've been adding extra wings, additions, and scenic views, before finishing the foundation it's built on.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2