I'm listening to...

Cardsmasochist

U R doing the best that U can which is kinda sad
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

If you've ever heard musicians talk about being 'in the pocket,' this is precisely what they mean. Miss you, Bill. :notworthy:
Harry Nilsson wrote this song in frustration of the industry

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Harry Nilsson performed one of the most beautiful and powerful songs ever, "Without You."

Harry Nilsson Without You 1972 HD

I didn't miss this one despite it releasing in my birth year. A great song. And it sounds like a great piece to help me work on my piano skills. :thumbup:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Harry Nilsson performed one of the most beautiful and powerful songs ever, "Without You."

Harry Nilsson Without You 1972 HD

Yeah, he really nailed it with this cover. The original version by Badfinger (1970) was quite similar but I'll take Harry's.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Belinda Carlisle might have had a better career if she had started her solo career earlier. She had a very unique voice.

Belinda Carlisle - Mad About You (Official Music Video)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Little River Band - Cool Change (Lyrics)

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I despised Journey for the longest time because they played Don't Stop Believin' about 14 times an hour on my old radio station.

However, as I've gotten older, I realized it's a very interesting song. The production is sick, and that bass tone blows me away. Very unique. One thing that I used to hear in music production circles was 'don't bore us, get to the chorus.' Now before you look, think in your head about when approximately they say the words 'don't stop, believin'' and then check out when it actually happens.

in contrast, see how long it takes them to say Lights

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I despised Journey for the longest time because they played Don't Stop Believin' about 14 times an hour on my old radio station.

However, as I've gotten older, I realized it's a very interesting song. The production is sick, and that bass tone blows me away. Very unique. One thing that I used to hear in music production circles was 'don't bore us, get to the chorus.' Now before you look, think in your head about when approximately they say the words 'don't stop, believin'' and then check out when it actually happens.

I feel like don't stop believing is probably overplayed now when compared to my childhood. I feel like it has gotten more popular in its older age because of social media and karaoke/DJ wedding playlists etc. it's one of those songs where it can get me in my feels or I could turn it off as soon as it comes on. just depends on the mood.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I feel like don't stop believing is probably overplayed now when compared to my childhood. I feel like it has gotten more popular in its older age because of social media and karaoke/DJ wedding playlists etc. it's one of those songs where it can get me in my feels or I could turn it off as soon as it comes on. just depends on the mood.
Dude, I remember Open Arms being on the radio every hour for an entire summer, lol

Lorenzo

Reaction score
stairway to heaven explained. but I always thought the song was about the Headly Grange stairway that drew the lightning down from that gods that produced John Bonham's drum sound.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
David letterman once said there were more people on stage performing this version of stairway to heaven than there were people in the audience watching this performance.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
David letterman once said there were more people on stage performing this version of stairway to heaven than there were people in the audience watching this performance.

Anne Wilson has always been one of my favorite vocalists... back in the day that chick could absolutely wail.

That version of Stairway is freaking epic