In light of all of the misery on the board right now...

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would just like to remind everyone that were seconds away from winning the SUPER BOWL this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is not intended to to say that I like what is happening (or dont) right now in the offseason, but just to remind you. Since the game, I find myself calling my father atleast once a week just to say "Did you know that the Cardinals were just in the damn SUPER BOWL??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

When you read this, just for a second try to remember exactly how you felt when you saw Fitz streaking towards the endzone with 2 minutes left...

and then be as generous as you like to my VBookie account :)

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I hear ya' Cardsfan...

..and you're ABSOLUTELY RIGHT! Last year was AMAZING!! I pulled out the NFC CHAMPIONSHIP DVD just the other day to feel that "vibe" again. :D ...And it was GREAT how we came together on here. I had so many "goodies" sent to me and to an out-of-towner (Charleston, S.C.) it meant ALOT to me. Something I'll NEVER forget.:) It's just that here we are a month later and once-again we've become the NFL's version of a "pinata`". Now, I know the media and other NFL fans have never been our friends. BUT wasn't it GREAT to hear/read some positive things from the media/fans as we kept surprising in the play-offs?? ...And by the time we reached the Super Bowl there were ALOT of NFL fans rooting for us. Partly because of their dislike for the Steelers but mostly because they wanted the long-suffering Cardinals & their fans to have a "moment". Now, each day is: Let's see how the Cardinals embarassed themselves today. Was it too much to hope for that the euphoria, the new-found respect, would last awhile?? Come Sept. we will all be cheering for the Cards but right now I think we're all just feeling frustrated. How did things get so ugly so fast?? Think maybe I'll pop in the DVD again and not read ANYTHING for a few weeks. Hopefully, there'll be lots of good news when I come back. :)

kjbad

Reaction score
Sure it was his year...but it was also LAST SEASON. That euphoria wore off the second Santonio Holmes caught his TD pass.

I prefer to call it lowered expectations, not misery. :(

OP
OP
cardsfanmd

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sure it was his year...but it was also LAST SEASON. That euphoria wore off the second Santonio Holmes caught his TD pass.

I prefer to call it lowered expectations, not misery. :(
Please take that weak BS somewhere else, this is a happy thread.:mulli:

lauraw

"Vincere, Aut Mori" !
Reaction score
i bought the nfl network's repeat of the Card's season for 20.00 and have just tonight been watching the az-philly playoff game repeated.. great memories!!!

kjbad

Reaction score
Please take that weak BS somewhere else, this is a happy thread.:mulli:

Seriously, can you get over last season and man up for 2009? This team is 0-0 right now and we've got some work to do. I don't believe I am powerful enough to destroy anyone's happiness...you're either happy or you're not.

OP
OP
cardsfanmd

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seriously, can you get over last season and man up for 2009? This team is 0-0 right now and we've got some work to do. I don't believe I am powerful enough to destroy anyone's happiness...you're either happy or you're not.
Seriously, you can't man up and take your crying and your 15 posts to another thread if you want to bitch and moan?

I really dont thionk I need a newb to enlighten me on what the Cards current situation is, but thanks anyhow bud.

Longcolts

Registered
Reaction score
Seriously, you can't man up and take your crying and your 15 posts to another thread if you want to bitch and moan?

I really dont thionk I need a newb to enlighten me on what the Cards current situation is, but thanks anyhow bud.

KJ isnt a Newb and everyone can use a little enlightening unless you figure you know everything there is to know about everything. When the hell did post counts on a particular board start to be a litmus of your knowledge on a subject?

OP
OP
cardsfanmd

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
KJ isnt a Newb and everyone can use a little enlightening unless you figure you know everything there is to know about everything. When the hell did post counts on a particular board start to be a litmus of your knowledge on a subject?
His join date says March 2009, what am I missing?

Look, I started a stupid little thread meant to be a joke about getting away from the negativity of the board. a JOKE. Your little buddy there got all serious and pissy. You guys can both go cry together for all I care.

Last edited:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

KJ is a newb. Sorry, but azcardinals.com board chatter isn't exactly something to hang your hat on. At least not around here.

CFMD is right...we are all collectively urinating in the Koolaid, and a few steps back is always nice to take in order to ground yourself. Keep up the yelling and screaming in other threads, but it's okay to have a sanctuary thread like this.

OP
OP
cardsfanmd

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
KJ is a newb. Sorry, but azcardinals.com board chatter isn't exactly something to hang your hat on. At least not around here.

CFMD is right...we are all collectively urinating in the Koolaid, and a few steps back is always nice to take in order to ground yourself. Keep up the yelling and screaming in other threads, but it's okay to have a sanctuary thread like this.
:thumbup:

Cards232

Registered
Reaction score
Regardless of the sentiments expressed on this thread, KJbad is a veteran from the other board, & a well respected & thought of one as well. If he chooses to spend more time over here, I think many will grow to enjoy his insights & opinions.

Let's face it, things are kind of at a fever pitch lately. I think it would do us all well to take a step back & take a deep breathe. Today will be what you make it.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Unfinished Business...

Those of us who've been in the fox-hole with the Cardinals for at least several years view their march to the Super Bowl as part of a continuom branching in two parallel directions:

1. Winning the Super Bowl. (Almost but we still have to win one).

2. Respect for the franchise by the NFL community - including fans) - (Earning it is is an ongoing process that involves (a) doing things the right way, (b) consistent success from year to year (my arbitrary goal - make it to at least Game 2 of the playoffs 3 - 4 straight years), (c) improving the roster from year to year. Stuff like that.

In short, we did good this past season. But we're not there yet. We've got lots to do. And some of us are frustrated because we're fearful that the team is heading back down in the opposite direction from what it needs to get to.

kjbad

Reaction score
Oh my gosh, I'm a "NEWB"!!! :)

Anyway, the Cards are still 0-0, and they still have work to do to get ready for next season. If you don't like the truth, at least admit it's true...

I did not come in here and "hang my hat" on any other message boards, did I? I simply made a post on ASFN, and someone responded to it. What's the problem with that? I didn't even mention the other board, someone else did. But hey, I know my place, right?

Enjoy your kool-aid, I'll stay out of your sanctuary.

Peace out.

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is a weird continuum.

Md + koolaid, not a combination we often see, let him have his happy thread :)

OP
OP
cardsfanmd

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In short, we did good this past season. But we're not there yet. We've got lots to do. And some of us are frustrated because we're fearful that the team is heading back down in the opposite direction from what it needs to get to.

Of course Jeff, but who doesn't know this? Have I ever struck you as the happy-go-lucky type who wants to celebrate this team as-is??

I get as pissed about this team as anyone, but the bottom line is that we all watch this team and this game to bring pleasure to ourselves (kinda backfired for the last 60+ years huh :) ) so i think it's more than fair to feel compelled to smile about what we accomplished this season for a few minutes.

Anyway, the Cards are still 0-0, and they still have work to do to get ready for next season. If you don't like the truth, at least admit it's true...

I did not come in here and "hang my hat" on any other message boards, did I? I simply made a post on ASFN, and someone responded to it. What's the problem with that? I didn't even mention the other board, someone else did. But hey, I know my place, right?

Peace out.

The point is that you still made a newbie comment. Were you ever at this board you would know that I am about as far from being a koolaider as one can be. I have been extremely critical of the team and primarily RG for as long as i have been alive. The objective of this thread was to simply steer people away from all of the current negatiovity surrounding the organization and laugh for a minute. Apparently that flew waaaaayyyyyyy over you head, and for that I am sorry. It was a JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is a weird continuum.

Md + koolaid, not a combination we often see, let him have his happy thread :)
I never thought I would say this, but thank you nidan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

LACardsJoe

Reaction score

Peace out.

Hey MD, I understand your sentiments and I don't think KJ should have "rained on your parade" so to speak. As others have eluded to, we are all a little frustrated with the non-events and thank goodness we have an outlet to vent. But to address KJ, even though posts on the "other board" carry no weight here, I have to opine that KJ is a thoughtful, passionate, and generally respectful Cardinals fan that will enhance and add to the debate/discussions over here. Speaking for myself, this board is definitely more accomodating than the "main board". Perhaps AZFN will be considered the "Main" board from now on. A lot of us are jumping ship. Thanks for letting us come on board, no pun intended, we are all Cardinals fans.

OP
OP
cardsfanmd

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hey MD, I understand your sentiments and I don't think KJ should have "rained on your parade" so to speak. As others have eluded to, we are all a little frustrated with the non-events and thank goodness we have an outlet to vent. But to address KJ, even though posts on the "other board" carry no weight here, I have to opine that KJ is a thoughtful, passionate, and generally respectful Cardinals fan that will enhance and add to the debate/discussions over here. Speaking for myself, this board is definitely more accomodating than the "main board". Perhaps AZFN will be considered the "Main" board from now on. A lot of us are jumping ship. Thanks for letting us come on board, no pun intended, we are all Cardinals fans.
Yeah, I wasn't trying to come off as an @--. He just came in taking the whole thread and it's contents entirely too seriously IMO.

The biggest thing though is that your guys' histories at the other board are inconsequential now--- newbies buy here :D I'll start with a cup of tomota basil soup followed by a grilled chicken sandwich on ciabatta with some panchetta, mozzarella, a nice tomato/garlic aoli. Rugular UTZ potato chips on the side. Gimme a tall 20oz Heineken to wash it down and we can still be friends. :thumbup:

KJbad can take care of dinner :D

Last edited:

LACardsJoe

Reaction score
Yeah, I wasn't trying to come off as an @--. He just came in taking the whole thread and it's contents entirely too seriously IMO.

The biggest thing though is that your guys' histories at the other board are inconsequential now--- newbies buy here :D I'll start with a cup of tomota basil soup followed by a grilled chicken sandwhich on ciabatta bread with some panchetta, mozzarella, a nice tomato/garlic aoli. Rugular UTZ potato chips on the side. Gimme a tall 20oz Heineken to wash it down and we can still be friends. :thumbup:

KJbad can take care of dinner :D

LOL, you have a healthy appetite. I may buy myself one too, but I'll need 2 20oz Heinekens. :thumbup:

DuckMatt

Reaction score
Seriously, can you get over last season and man up for 2009?.....

Why? It's 6 months until the opening kick for 2009. It's not even 2 months, instead of 35 years, since the Cards won their last Division Championship.

The Cards are 14-4 at home the last 2 years. They were 12-5 in games that actually mattered in 2008. They snatched victory from the jaws of defeat against the hated Cowboys. They've won as many games in the last two years as they did in the previous four.

We have one of the finest stadiums in the NFL and millions of new fans.

The Cards are so good they have both an NFC East and an NFC West Division Championship during the Super Bowl era.

I think I'll wait awhile before I man up for 2009 and instead enjoy being a fan of the defending NFC Champions.

:koolaid:

OP
OP
cardsfanmd

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why? It's 6 months until the opening kick for 2009. It's not even 2 months, instead of 35 years, since the Cards won their last Division Championship.

The Cards are 14-4 at home the last 2 years. They were 12-5 in games that actually mattered in 2008. They snatched victory from the jaws of defeat against the hated Cowboys. They've won as many games in the last two years as they did in the previous four.

We have one of the finest stadiums in the NFL and millions of new fans.

The Cards are so good they have both an NFC East and an NFC West Division Championship during the Super Bowl era.

I think I'll wait awhile before I man up for 2009 and instead enjoy being a fan of the defending NFC Champions.

:koolaid:

Thats the spirit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:raccoon:

Now go get me a hoagie newb :D

OP
OP
cardsfanmd

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
LOL, you have a healthy appetite. I may buy myself one too, but I'll need 2 20oz Heinekens. :thumbup:
Screw it, I dont have anything of significance for the rest of the day. Lets do a few shots of Grand Marnier while were at it and scream at opposing fans.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05