Is it time to move on from Kyler Murray

Should the Cardinals move on from Kyler Murray?

• Yes

• No

• I don't freaking know

Results are only viewable after voting.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
not JUST a Kyler problem, can you not read ? Never mind your a mindless hater that only sees what you want to see just ignorant…
#1, it's you're :BIM:

#2: If I spouted off about you the way you spout about me here, I'd be banned. Your childishness is showing.

#3: I can read. You have not criticized Kyler one bit and are deathly afraid that if you did, even just once, even just a little, that everyone would go "Aha, gotcha!" or something. Why else would you refuse to say or hear word one against any aspect of his play?

You wouldn't get half the ish you get on this board if you would just say something along the lines of, "Yeah, Kyler took some bad sacks but I think Petzig was worse." Problem is, when you stick your fingers in your ears, shout "Lalalala" and pronounce Kyler blameless constantly, you will perpetuate the arguing.

Kyler wasn't good enough. Petzig wasn't good enough. The line wasn't good enough. That's without even talking about the defense. Can you at least agree to this paragraph? If not, reality has got nothing for you.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
They don't understand that Kyler wasn't the reason we lost yesterday, he was one of the reasons we didn't score more points. They can't separate the two
I agree completely. He was only one of the reasons. I also agree because, you know, a QB being a reason we didn't score more points is a big reason we lose games. Thank you for accidentally making the right point.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Out performing his contract which is #10 on the list of highest paid quarterbacks

20th in the league in passing yards with an absolutely pathetic 777 total on the season. That’s less than 200 yards per game. Underperforming his #10 contract by a wide margin.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Out performing his contract which is #10 on the list of highest paid quarterbacks

You are such a good solider GG, and thank you. Hopefully the team leaders see this.

But it's wasted here. A bunch of these guys want to scapegoat Murray for yesterday's defeat.

They want to accuse him of "not reading the defense fast enough", or "not throwing receivers open" and "not teleporting into the endzone" and things like that. I think a couple (not many) may actually have an agenda.

It's a sad, depressing situation.

All is not lost yet though. Hang in there my friend.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Feel like this is a bit I’m watching at this point.

The same people going back at each other as regards to Kyler in multiple threads.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are such a good solider GG, and thank you. Hopefully the team leaders see this.

But it's wasted here. A bunch of these guys want to scapegoat Murray for yesterday's defeat.

They want to accuse him of "not reading the defense fast enough", or "not throwing receivers open" and "not teleporting into the endzone" and things like that. I think a couple (not many) may actually have an agenda.

It's a sad, depressing situation.

All is not lost yet though. Hang in there my friend.
He’s 20TH IN THE LEAGUE IN PASSING YARDS. For all those pretty numbers that can be twisted into shape to make Kyler look like a legit QB, the cold HARD NUMBERS of throwing for less than 200 yards per game spit in the face of your Sam Bradford-esque stats lauding him as some kind of good QB. He’s captain checkfown with wheels he’s too afraid to use.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
20th in the league in passing yards with an absolutely pathetic 777 total on the season. That’s less than 200 yards per game. Underperforming his #10 contract by a wide margin.

Yeah he should throw to those wide open speedsters more often. Wait, we have none. The offense is built on running the ball and short passes. But that's not really the problem, he could have 1500 yards and you would still find some other metric to complain about. The real quarterback evaluators know what they're looking at, the casual fan just sees a bad team and blames the QB.

tennis-player

Veteran
Reaction score
The Jacksonville Jaguars' fans, and it seems management, are done with Trevor Lawrence. He has played badly for two years, and has a higher salary than Murray. Would you rather have Lawrence or Murray, and would you trade?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Both are terrible QBs.

Ricahrdson couldn't hit the broad side of a barn and Milroe is no different.

This is why Cards fans should never be trusted to analyse QB talent.
I wasn't analyzing either of them. Could care less about either of them. Just looked at their size. More in line with most NFL QB's. In fact, all of this year's starting NFL QBs are 6'1" or taller with one exception. Can you guess which one is not like the others?

602 Native

Veteran
Reaction score
I wasn't analyzing either of them. Could care less about either of them. Just looked at their size. More in line with most NFL QB's. In fact, all of this year's starting NFL QBs are 6'1" or taller with one exception. Can you guess which one is not like the others?
I know which one will have a over 60% completion rate and neither of the dudes you mentioned every will in the NFL. Let me guess you loved Tune and Skelton due to their metrics.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know which one will have a over 60% completion rate and neither of the dudes you mentioned every will in the NFL. Let me guess you loved Tune and Skelton due to their metrics.
Nope. Wanted Lamar Jackson to be our QB. He could have been drafted much later than Rosen who they traded UP to pick. SMH.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if there are fans in Buffalo who want to move on from this:

ALLEN

16/29 - 180 yards (6.2) TD: 0 INT: 0 - Sacks: 3 - RAT: 73.9 - 10 pts generated.

KM

16/22 - 142 yards (6.5) TD: 1 INT: 0 - Sacks: 4 - RAT: 104.7 - 14 pts generated.
Yes. If we were 3-1 we could forgive him.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s 20TH IN THE LEAGUE IN PASSING YARDS. For all those pretty numbers that can be twisted into shape to make Kyler look like a legit QB, the cold HARD NUMBERS of throwing for less than 200 yards per game spit in the face of your Sam Bradford-esque stats lauding him as some kind of good QB. He’s captain checkfown with wheels he’s too afraid to use.
Yes, and how many of his completions and yardage came in garbage time?
What’s his numbers if you take the Rams game out of the stats?

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
We're in YEAR 6 in the Kyler experience. He isn't improving, he's not moving the ball down the field, he can't read defenses, he doesn't run enough. At this point, expecting much more in terms of improvement here is delusional. He's good once every 4-5 games, which simply isn't good enough.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake