Is it time to move on from Kyler Murray

Should the Cardinals move on from Kyler Murray?

• Yes

• No

• I don't freaking know

Results are only viewable after voting.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
This is a really bad take.. Kyler’s been in the league 6 years now and one thing he has been masterful at is not taking big hits. He’s been small all of his life, it’s very obvious he’s shrewd and athletic enough to avoid big hits.. again - how many big hits have you seen him take in 6 years? And I’d wager he’s been in at least the top 10 if not top 5 in total QB rushing attempts in that span.
Kyler Murray has 455 rushing attempts between 2019 and 2024 (6.4 attempts per game)

Lamar Jackson: 792 (10.4)
Josh Allen: 603 (6.9)
Jalen Hurts (5 seasons): 580 (8.7)
Justin Fields (4 seasons): 411 (8.9)
Patrick Mahomes: 330 (4.0)
Daniel Jones: 377 (5.7)
Russell Wilson (5 seasons): 336 (4.4)

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He avoids big hits BECAUSE he’s never been primarily a running QB like fields. When you commit to that you no longer pick and choose your spots. You have committed runs where you’re going to take damage. Just the sheer increase in designed plays would be recognized by defensive coordinators and they’d scheme for it, thereby likely increasing the likelihood of additional hits.
Disagree completely.. he isn’t Fields. Fields has perhaps the worse accuracy for a starting QB in this league. Totally different style of QB designed runs you would implement and totally different way d coordinators would game plan around Fields vs Kyler. They dare Fields to throw the football, that absolutely wouldn’t be the case w Kyler. He’s certainly missed some deep throws over the past few years but I don’t think anyone would label Kyler as an inaccurate passer overall.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kyler Murray has 455 rushing attempts between 2019 and 2024 (6.4 attempts per game)

Lamar Jackson: 792 (10.4)
Josh Allen: 603 (6.9)
Jalen Hurts (5 seasons): 580 (8.7)
Justin Fields (4 seasons): 411 (8.9)
Patrick Mahomes: 330 (4.0)
Daniel Jones: 377 (5.7)
Russell Wilson (5 seasons): 336 (4.4)
Thanks.. so he is top 5, further proves my points. He’s been top 5 in attempts the past 6 years and has managed to avoid big hits because he excels in knowing how to avoid them.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Jets just fired their coach.

Are you suggesting that they are in some much better position than us?
The Jets have a stacked roster and were supposed to be going all in for a Superbowl push. Their owner has stated this Jets roster is the most talented he has ever seen. Their situation is very different from ours and its hilarious that they have the same record as us.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
The Jets have a stacked roster and were supposed to be going all in for a Superbowl push. Their owner has stated this Jets roster is the most talented he has ever seen. Their situation is very different from ours and its hilarious that they have the same record as us.
What he said.

602 Native

All Star
Reaction score
Youre making my case for keeping K1.......LOL

The Jets QB has every tool he needs to succeed but can't. Our team is devoid of talent and you have 3 different threads degrading the guy. Meanwhile that stacked team (Jets) is trying to get better while we are talking about getting rid of the best player on the team.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Young Frankenstein is my #1 followed closely by Some Like it Hot.

Hey! I'm posting on the Cards board!
Ooh, man, coming in solid here! Some Like It Hot with a dynamite ending that's rather modern and accepting despite its silliness.

Young Frankenstein (that's Frankenscheen!) is another classic. I lean toward Blazing Saddles myself but have no stones to throw at your pick.

Best ever double feature I attended was Princess Bride followed by Blazing Saddles at a movie theater with comfy couches. Bliss!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Disagree completely.. he isn’t Fields. Fields has perhaps the worse accuracy for a starting QB in this league. Totally different style of QB designed runs you would implement and totally different way d coordinators would game plan around Fields vs Kyler. They dare Fields to throw the football, that absolutely wouldn’t be the case w Kyler. He’s certainly missed some deep throws over the past few years but I don’t think anyone would label Kyler as an inaccurate passer overall.
Never said he was inaccurate. But when you increase his runs guess what that does to his passes? Decreases them. So you’re outta your mind if you think a substantial increase in his runs wouldn’t result in coordinators adapting for that. We’ll just have to disagree on this.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Thanks.. so he is top 5, further proves my points. He’s been top 5 in attempts the past 6 years and has managed to avoid big hits because he excels in knowing how to avoid them.
So how many runs do you think he should have per game? And what impact do you think that makes assuming he can somehow stay in one piece (something that’s been difficult for him at a lower run rate)?

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Never said he was inaccurate. But when you increase his runs guess what that does to his passes? Decreases them. So you’re outta your mind if you think a substantial increase in his runs wouldn’t result in coordinators adapting for that. We’ll just have to disagree on this.
No, those runs could be replacing a few runs by our plodding RB. Prob would be a good thing for that plodder as well as it keeps the D guessing, rather than being the most predictable offense in the NFL currently. I’m not talking about running Kyler 20 times a game, I’m talking about having 5-8 DESIGNED runs a game to go along with his 4-5 scramble/escape from a broken play runs a game.

Those DESIGNED runs could actually reduce the amount of broken plays through opening up the offense (at least we’d like to think that, and you prob wouldn’t see the whole packers team drop back as we saw in those videos), so ideally him having ~10 total rushing attempts per a game via designed rushes and escaped plays if that takes a few passing attempts and JC rushes away, I think we’d be more than happy that based on his ~ 10 YPC today.

Oh ya what’s our record when Kyler runs at least 8 times in a game?

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
So how many runs do you think he should have per game? And what impact do you think that makes assuming he can somehow stay in one piece (something that’s been difficult for him at a lower run rate)?
Outside of ACL in 2022.. he’s played 52 of 55 games in the seasons not associated with the ACL tear. So I don’t view him as an injury prone QB outside of a unpredictable ACL tear.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiev22