Is it time to move on from Kyler Murray

Should the Cardinals move on from Kyler Murray?

• Yes

• No

• I don't freaking know

Results are only viewable after voting.

GeorgiaCard88

Veteran
Reaction score
Hardly decent, outplayed Purdue in his house and a comeback win but don’t that stop you from dumb posts …. lol
way to escalate it- You must be the guy refreshing his espn app not really watching the game. Aside from his plays on his legs- which I said were fantastic- what excited you on Kyler in the air? Ton of terribly thrown balls, including one of the worst INTs this season that buried us in the ground.

I get that Kyler is a polarizing topic, one thing we all have in common is being stoked about a cardinals win. James Conner was a dog out there and huge playmaking performance by a defense that was willing to bend but not break today that won it for us

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
way to escalate it- You must be the guy refreshing his espn app not really watching the game. Aside from his plays on his legs- which I said were fantastic- what excited you on Kyler in the air? Ton of terribly thrown balls, including one of the worst INTs this season that buried us in the ground.

I get that Kyler is a polarizing topic, one thing we all have in common is being stoked about a cardinals win. James Conner was a dog out there and huge playmaking performance by a defense that was willing to bend but not break today that won it for us

Wow, that's not very fair.

Murray was not perfect throwing the ball today, and the INT was bad. But when he had time to throw, he did fine. Had a couple of drops that made his stat line look worse.

And the clutch 4th and 5 throw with five SF defenders bearing down on him?

That was a great play. MVP kind of play.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score

Murray was not perfect throwing the ball today, and the INT was bad. But when he had time to throw, he did fine. Had a couple of drops that made his stat line look worse.

What about Marvin making the catch? That had as much to do with it as anything.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score

That was a great throw.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I mean he wasn't brilliant and yes a terrible INT. But McBride dropped a TD right in his hands. Kyler made an absolutely brilliant throw to Marv backing up to extend a drive. He missed some throws but he was actually IMO quite good.

The local post game show they were saying that the 49er coaches said the problem in the 2nd half with Conner was in part because they were concerned about Murray pulling the ball out and keeping it so they had one less defender to stop Conner even when they were expecting run.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

That 4th down off the back foot jump ball is what he always does when he sees a blitz on 4th down. Teams keep blitzing because its rare that he hits it. I'm glad it worked today but I think its one of his worst habits.

Kyler played okay today, not great but serviceable. Connor was the guy doing the heavy lifting in clutch time today.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I mean he wasn't brilliant and yes a terrible INT. But McBride dropped a TD right in his hands. Kyler made an absolutely brilliant throw to Marv backing up to extend a drive. He missed some throws but he was actually IMO quite good.

The local post game show they were saying that the 49er coaches said the problem in the 2nd half with Conner was in part because they were concerned about Murray pulling the ball out and keeping it so they had one less defender to stop Conner even when they were expecting runs

Designed runs and zone reads need to be a steady part of the playbook. No excuse not to be.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yes very shocking with the crazy talent on this team right hahahahah your best offense weapon besides Kyler is a rookie WR who seems to have the dropsies early on so far…
Connor doesn’t count? He’s our best weapon.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
That 4th down off the back foot jump ball is what he always does when he sees a blitz on 4th down. Teams keep blitzing because its rare that he hits it. I'm glad it worked today but I think its one of his worst habits.

Kyler played okay today, not great but serviceable. Connor was the guy doing the heavy lifting in clutch time today.

Not many QBs in the league can make that accurate of a throw with that kind of pressure.

And is 11.7 yards per run "serviceable"?

21.3 MPH on the TD run?

The man's legs are a cheat code.

Murray had 280 yards from scrimmage today and two TDs. Deal with it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The local post game show they were saying that the 49er coaches said the problem in the 2nd half with Conner was in part because they were concerned about Murray pulling the ball out and keeping it so they had one less defender to stop Conner even when they were expecting run.
Kyler also missed a wide open Wilson streaking down the sideline… BAD.

It was an okay day throwing the ball, but today, his legs were the key and he made key/clutch plays on a game winning drive starting at his own 10 yard line. For all of that, I think he deserves to call this is a good game.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It was an okay day throwing the ball, but today, his legs were the key and he made key/clutch plays on a game winning drive starting at his own 10 yard line. For all of that, I think he deserves to call this is a good game.

Yeah he overthrew the ball on that one for sure.

My big concern is that we're 5 games in now and he and Marv still aren't on the same page. When your #1 WR has a below 50% number on catches to targets it's pretty concerning.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

On the int was Emi supposed to block Bosa? Didn't see the replay.

That was the only problem I had with Kyler that half TBH.

Play calling leaves a lot to be desired. Its perplexing how easy it is for the Rams to get Whittington the ball but its such a struggle to get Marv the ball.

This is still a limited passing attack as of now. Although glad they got the win.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You can bet we would have been talking about that throw had we lost.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah he overthrew the ball on that one for sure.

My big concern is that we're 5 games in now and he and Marv still aren't on the same page. When your #1 WR has a below 50% number on catches to targets it's pretty concerning.
This is where the blame goes on Kyler and Petzing. MHJ gets some blame as well, but I think he's a volume Wr. He looks out of sorts when he's not getting the football consistently. Just not really any easy offense.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake